Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting 101; RJ Devera & Keiichi Tsuchiya

Text from Zigzag Asia

Zigzag Asia, the producers of Best Motoring International has been hired by Valvoline to produce a DVD featuring RJ Devera and Keiichi Tsuchiya on the basics of drifting.

The 20 minute DVD covers the history, basic techniques and demonstration of drifting by the Drift King himself. The 3 basic skillsof e-brake, shift lock and power over are presented using footage from the legendary Drift Bible DVD.

Also some exclusive interview segments hosted by RJ Devera and some NEVER before seen drifting from Keiichi is a must see.

Keiichi tears up the tracks with some serious kansei drifting at Willowsprings in the K-Office S15 Silvia usually driven by Kazama in the D1 competition.

And the great news is that this "Drifting 101" DVD is absolutely free. It's definitely too good to be true but that's the truth. The only catch to this deal is that you can't just go out and buy it like the other BMI or HVI DVDs. You can only get it from Valvoline at any of the Hot Import Nights events that happen throughout the year.

while this is terribly exciting, I cant help but notice..

You can only get it from Valvoline at any of the Hot Import Nights events that happen throughout the year.
    ohh yes, lets blend HIN with drifting... I doubt the people that will need this will want to go to hot import nights to get it; because you know that all the guys with the gullwing-door-accords need to learn proper shift-lock techniques...

Comment

Come on man lets be real for a second...despite what we might think of the men and women who build show cars and have gull wings and neon and graphics and all that other delightfully gawdy eye candy on their rides...purist or not we all go to car shows.

Hell Im sure more than 50% of the people who post here got into import cars from going to an import car show...either that or reading magazines which feature the same "riced out" flashy show cars that go to events like HIN.

And for gods sake..if your not willing to go to a HIN to get FREE instructional drifting DVD with the drift king himself doing the instructing then in my opinion you shouldn't consider yourselr a purist or hardcore in any sense of the word!...and no Im not directing that at you so dont think this is a personal attack..I mean that to everyone who are having second thoughts about copping this DVD just because its being given away at HIN events.

Anyway..that is all...everyone continue eating beans and going about yer business...

Comment

Originally posted by Coiloverkid

ohh yes, lets blend HIN with drifting... I doubt the people that will need this will want to go to hot import nights to get it; because you know that all the guys with the gullwing-door-accords need to learn proper shift-lock techniques...

don't forget a lot of those guys at HIN might be your customers

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide
          And for gods sake..if your not willing to go to a HIN to get FREE instructional drifting DVD with the drift king himself doing the instructing then in my opinion you shouldn't consider yourselr a purist or hardcore in any sense of the word!...and no Im not directing that at you so dont think this is a personal attack..I mean that to everyone who are having second thoughts about copping this DVD just because its being given away at HIN events.

Anyway..that is all...everyone continue eating beans and going about yer business...
          Umm...admission to a HIN event is roughly $30 (not including the parking). it is $25 for admission + $2.50 for a convenience fee (via website) + $1.25 (shipping & handling fee...I didn't notice this fee before).

So...this free DVD becomes a $30 DVD. Not including the god awful expensive food that is available at these events.

As they mentioned, they are going to reuse footage from the Drift Bible.

Sorry...I'm just not hardcore enough. Admittedly...I may attend an event or two if I am placed on the industry list, but I don't typically purchase tickets for my own personal enjoyment/admission.

Comment

The drift bible has been out for over a year now, and is 15.99 at your local best buy/fry's. Cheaper than HIN ticket, no kids with free posters trying to steal your wallet, no RJ DeVera. What the hell is RJ going to teach me about drifting?

Comment

Originally posted by Coiloverkid

They already did it with NOPI

Comment

Its all new footage, i believe it was filmed at Willowsprings. Stop your whining, Valvoline pays a lot of money to have a HIN booth at each event, they are promoting the fact that they are at HIN, and want to draw attention to thier booth, if you don't want a free dvd, and you don't want to go to HIN then DONT GO!
                Last edited by swifty949; 02-24-2005, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide
                  Come on man lets be real for a second...despite what we might think of the men and women who build show cars and have gull wings and neon and graphics and all that other delightfully gawdy eye candy on their rides...purist or not we all go to car shows.

Hell Im sure more than 50% of the people who post here got into import cars from going to an import car show...either that or reading magazines which feature the same "riced out" flashy show cars that go to events like HIN.

I agree! its just a stinkin' car show...enough with the ricer hating already.
                  I have to go to these things and its really not that bad
                  Ernie Fixmer
                  Formula Drift/VR Motoring/Robinson Helicopter
                  Lakewood, CA 90712

Comment

Originally posted by Ernie
                    I agree! its just a stinkin' car show...enough with the ricer hating already.
                    I have to go to these things and its really not that bad
                    Hey! No Fair! You go to those events for free. Anything free is good. And by that analogy, the "Drifting 101" DVD will be good, solely for the fact that it is free, regardless of the actual content. Besides, who goes to these events for the cars anyways? Everyone knows why people go to these things...

Comment

also don't get Valvoline and HIN & venues confused...Your money for food goes to whatever venue the show is at.HIN CHARGES for entrance fees, VALVOLINE payed money to have this DVD made with ALL NEW FOOTAGE, and are giving it away for free. Valvoline is also not going to pay for you to go to the show to get a free dvd...

Comment

I went to hin san mateo last year to see cars.

Comment

Scince when did RJ get into drifting? I thought he was just on a bunch of grip vids, and then disapeared when they started drifting vids from grip video. I guess I will be gettin this vid for free if its HIN is coming to seattle again. I wil be showing my poser drift machine with my crew and repersenting DDX. Though i hope its better then previous years, cause HIN seattle has been sucking after the first one that was here.

Comment

RJ has been into it for a long time. He doesn't drift, and doesn't pretend he can, but he know does know how to bring people together, and he is a good host that can speak clearly in front of the camera. He's known Tsuchiya for a long time and now that drifting is popular in the states he brought Tsuchiya together with Valvoline for a joint project.

Comment

Originally posted by DomLee
                              Umm...admission to a HIN event is roughly $30 (not including the parking). it is $25 for admission + $2.50 for a convenience fee (via website) + $1.25 (shipping & handling fee...I didn't notice this fee before).

Sorry...I'm just not hardcore enough. Admittedly...
                              Not hardcore enough..obviously!! a REAL hardcore guy is ghetto enough to know that you dont buy the blasted tickets online! Why pay extra to wait a few days for the tickets to come in the mail when you can just buy the tickets the night of and wait 45 minutes to an hour?? (depending on how early you get there)...you wait in line for an hour with your homies like everyone else..and when you get to the ticket window you smack down yer flyer and BAM 3 bucks off!! so that $36 bucks (admission and parking) turns into $22 bucks for admission and about 6 for parking so then its $28!

Anyway I think everyone is making the assumption that we are all going to go to the car show by ourselves...we both know that aint true...we got with the homies!! And when we get to the parking lot who ever the driver is turns to the rest of the dudes and is like "break bread foo's!!" and you split the parking fee!

How do I know all this? I've been going to car shows ever since the VERY FIRST hot import nights...Im old school foo'!

And another thing..no one said anything about RJ being the authority on drifting..hes just the host dang nabbit! The drift king will be doing all the instructing...and yeah they might reuse some footage from the drift bible (which I dont think they actually do) but so what?? they got tons of new stuff from willow springs..and hes doing it in kazama's S-fif-freakin-teen!!

So everyone quit yer whining..and check out HIN with yer friends...eat some Mc D's before ya go...chill with your friends in line..go in..cop the DVD..check out some half nekkid import models..hit on some more girls..laugh at all the cars ya dont like and take pictures of the ones you do..get some autographs cause Im sure some D1 and Formula D drivers will be there.. and most of all..

ITS A CELEBRATION BIOCHES!! ENJOY YO' SELFS!!

Comment

Working...
                              X