No announcement yet.

Cancelled, HARD DRIVE LIVE / WDC, It's official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats what i meant to say.. jsut got carried away with my dreams of beein a driver

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
      Hard Drive Live has been cancelled for 2005.

Whether WDC will try and work something out on their own is yet to be foreseen. In theory, they could still have a season. They were simply partnering up with Primedia for advertising / promotion / whatever else. WDC as a whole is not dead... yet....

looks like its back to me...

Comment

im trying to find event info... ive got my schedule around the may event in TX so i can see my dad before he passes (he's been bad off)... i just wanted the old man to see me drive....

Comment

The series is supposed to start May 22nd in LA at Canos Speedway, but I have yet to hear anymore about this. The Atlanta event is at Sonora Speedway? August 20th. I was flipping through the May issue of Import Tuner Mag at the grocery store and saw an ad for Hard Drive Live and its events and participants. It listed Alex Pheifer and others as drivers but last I heard they never comitted to anything...

anyone else heard anything?

Comment

i had thought the drivers of formula d had a meeting about this and majority of them were against it. they dont want 2 competitions or some BS about it. but in my opinion, it was a good idea to have another competition, i wouldnt go as far as to say taking a profit margin away from the formula d series, its just would be nice to see another wave of different drivers that want to excel in the sport. The series doesnt HAVE to have drivers of formula d drive, if they dont feel or wanna drive in the series, then let them be. theres plenty of other drivers wanting to go out there and have a good time without em. As for the manufacturers, i know its hard to put money and developement into more than 1 series, but hey, im sure there are other companies that arent involved yet would wanna step up to a new series.
            Last edited by nasty nate 7; 05-05-2005, 10:37 AM.

Comment

www.land-ho.net

a great place to get into an amatuer event series!

Comment

For Norcal people, there is Nor Cal Drift Academy who hosts amatuer competition every 1st and 3rd Thursday at Altamont Speedway in Tracy, CA.
                Hubert Young
                KORE 8 Films

Comment

Originally posted by mikespeed
                  looks like its back to me...
                  where do you see any info that it's back?! their website is still down...

And the birds that I have in the trees are telling me that it's still not happening...

Comment

for the ultimate amateur comp.. check out www.justdrift.com we have tandem battles, single eliminations etc. we have an drive fest coming up on july at willowsprings. a 2 day driving event. coming soon! watch out!

Comment

Working...
                    X