Clear All

Originally posted by kidynomite
    You mean Champion Kazama?

What happened with Hibino?

yes of course.
    oops!
    thumbs down to me for that one.

Comment

A couple of my own comments. I was there all day friday and saturday, didn't go sunday.

The Jspec.com car crashed on friday afternoon, not saturday. Up until that point he was driving well, but the re-assembled car gave him nothing but problems saturday. In Sam's own words, it was a "Mickey Mouse" repair job, but a good effort nonetheless given the severity of the shunt, the damage to the car, and the time they had to work with.

I also want to say that I was very truly disappointed by Ernie's problems. If you all had been able to see him on friday, you would know that the problem was ABSOLUTELY NOT his driving, but mechanical probs early on saturday, and its a damn shame that it happened to him. I was looking forward to another top-16 for Erns, but I guess it just wasn't in the cards this time.

But more than anything else, I want to congratulate Andy Hately on his D1 license. He was up against some stiff competition, as they only took 4 drivers, and of the four, one was Tony Angelo, one was Ryan Hampton in the Falken hatchback, and the other was a Japanese pro driving the Rotora car. I think this picture says it all (from the driftstar.com image gallery).

Compare that lineup to Andy, driving his daily-driven Z33. All he has is exhaust and an ECU. Seriously, thats it. Stock viscous diff, stock suspension, and blue masking tape over the e-brake button. Well, that and a good 25hp in Land Ho stickers, lol. Great job Andy, thanks for representing Land Ho so well!
      Last edited by Whisky; 02-28-2005, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Brian, Thanks for the pit notes... Very much appreciated. I'd give you something for your prompt response. I'll get you an air freshner or something man... Either that or the blinking tire valve covers...

Comment

Yeah thanks for the info!!

Comment

im glad that ueno finished in the top 3 he deserves it, go ueno

Comment

Cheers! Everyone still did great and congrats! What happened with Alex P.? I wish Ernie didn't have car problems either, I know he is so skilled in the McKinney car!

Comment

Originally posted by Whisky
                A couple of my own comments. I was there all day friday and saturday, didn't go sunday.

The Jspec.com car crashed on friday afternoon, not saturday. Up until that point he was driving well, but the re-assembled car gave him nothing but problems saturday. In Sam's own words, it was a "Mickey Mouse" repair job, but a good effort nonetheless given the severity of the shunt, the damage to the car, and the time they had to work with.

I also want to say that I was very truly disappointed by Ernie's problems. If you all had been able to see him on friday, you would know that the problem was ABSOLUTELY NOT his driving, but mechanical probs early on saturday, and its a damn shame that it happened to him. I was looking forward to another top-16 for Erns, but I guess it just wasn't in the cards this time.

But more than anything else, I want to congratulate Andy Hately on his D1 license. He was up against some stiff competition, as they only took 4 drivers, and of the four, one was Tony Angelo, one was Ryan Hampton in the Falken hatchback, and the other was a Japanese pro driving the Rotora car. I think this picture says it all (from the driftstar.com image gallery).

Compare that lineup to Andy, driving his daily-driven Z33. All he has is exhaust and an ECU. Seriously, thats it. Stock viscous diff, stock suspension, and blue masking tape over the e-brake button. Well, that and a good 25hp in Land Ho stickers, lol. Great job Andy, thanks for representing Land Ho so well!

Its Andrew Hately. Congrat Andrew!

-Al

Comment

Wtf

I still can't belive I made it, I was just trying to keep my car away from the walls. I crashed at the driver search at california speedway on my first practice run back in august, so I get kinda nervous when there's a wall I have to throw my car at to hit the right line. I don't really know how I did it, I just did the best that I could.

I would like to thank everyone at Drift day, Charlie, and Al and Erik. These are the real heros. Without people like these all of us drivers would be nowhere near the skill level that we are at now. I would also like to thank anyone else who helps drifting events happen.

Thanks for all the support from all my sponsors and team members.

Schikane
                  RSR
                  Land Ho
                  Boso
                  Analog assassins
                  Enkei

Andrew
                  Hateley

I go by andy, andrew, shmately, or ugly

Comment

Originally posted by shmately350z
                    I still can't belive I made it, I was just trying to keep my car away from the walls. I crashed at the driver search at california speedway on my first practice run back in august, so I get kinda nervous when there's a wall I have to throw my car at to hit the right line. I don't really know how I did it, I just did the best that I could.

I would like to thank everyone at Drift day, Charlie, and Al and Erik. These are the real heros. Without people like these all of us drivers would be nowhere near the skill level that we are at now. I would also like to thank anyone else who helps drifting events happen.

Thanks for all the support from all my sponsors and team members.

Schikane
                    RSR
                    Land Ho
                    Boso
                    Analog assassins
                    Enkei

Andrew
                    Hateley

I go by andy, andrew, shmately, or ugly
                    way to go dude, i know you'd make it, you've got real skillz, see you this weekend?

-Paul

Comment

You gonna be at Charlie's thing this weekend?

Great job man.

I'll try to do better at making you spin out next time.
                      hha if you are there this weekend, i'll make you spin.

Comment

Thanks

I'll be up there on sunday, I can't bring that many tires now that I got the cage so I won't be running too long that day, but I'll be there all day.

Brian,
                        do your best to make me spin, it will keep me on my toes.

-Andy Hateley

Comment

Kazma was just giving a little payback for that.

Comment

Thanks

I'll be up there on sunday, I can't bring that many tires now that I got the cage so I won't be running too long that day, but I'll be there all day.

Brian,

-Andy Hateley
                            andy, congrats man! you did good! if you want, bring your tires friday night to the shop and i'll put it on the trailer and haul it up there on sunday.

Comment

Thanks

Brian,

-Andy Hateley
                              What happen to your truck and trailer?

Ill be there as well. See you there!

-Al

Comment

Thanks Charlie, where's the shop?

Al, that truck was my dads and the trailer was a rental,
                                see you on sunday

Comment

Working...
                                X