Highway Battle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highway Battle

Wondering what you guys think of highway battling? I got into my first one a couple of days ago..and going over 100mph through light traffic was a blast.

Also, does anyone know the japanese word for highway battling? And are there any DVD's out there that cater to battling on the freeway? Thanks!
    Last edited by Logan; 12-29-2003, 07:42 PM.

Re: Highway Battle

Originally posted by Logan
    Wondering what you guys think of highway battling? I got into my first one a couple of days ago..and going over 100mph through light traffic was a blast.

Also, does anyone know the japanese word for highway battling? Thanks.
    shutoko battle or loop highway battle. There is a playstation game for this and Tsuchia is the boss the game is good with drift action as well

Comment

Thats how people die man. Id stay away from it. It you hit anything at 100mph youll wind up with your brains scattered over the pavement. If you get caught you can get a manslaughter charge and face jail time. Its not worth it. Keep it in the playstation 2 games buddy.

Comment

Yeah I understand it is extremely dangerous. Lord knows I won't be making a hobby out of blasting down the highway..but it was fun none the less.
        But drifting can be dangerous as well. I think soon we will start seeing people getting hurt really bad while drifting. The popularity will attract kids who don't want to start out at the bottom and think that they are the best right from the start. I saw this first hand when my friend tried to slide and slid his car through a 8 foot chain link fence and almost hit a house (drivers side). Scary stuff. But it's drifting for me..and starting out learning just the basics (now I just need to find a 500 buck beater car laying around)

The highway game I have is Extreme Tokyo Racer 3..it's only 20 bucks!!!! so if you get a chance..pick it up. It is definately worth every penny. The amount of tuning you can do to your car is unlike any other game I have played.

Comment

F-U-ck that go like 120 and pull your e brake for 3 sec.

Comment

dude...youve never seen highway battles till youve been to germany(i live there till like a month and a half ago)..the Wangan has nothing on the autobahn

Comment

haha hell yeah man. I bet the autobahn is nuts! My grandpa is from germany and he used to tell me stories of the wrecks/dead bodies he has drove up upon while driving the autobahn (he is a doctor..so he has to get out and help). If i ever decide to race around 120 again...it'll be in a more high-speed oriented car.

So what is "Wangan" exactally?

Comment

The Wangan Expressway is a high speed toll freeway that loops around Tokyo. It's long, wide and relatively light on traffic, making it perfect for racing. Even better it the presence of food stops along the road, where racers can easily meet up before and after races, without leaving the Wangan.

Wangan has come to stand for highway racing around the world in recent times.

Comment

Tokyo Extreme Racer 3.

Ive done it many times, hitting 150 on a couple of them. And everytime i realize how fuking stupid I was for doing that. Keep it away from people, and be safe.

Comment

Ahhhh ok. So could one could use "Wangan" as in "Wangan racing", when just talking about racing around a local expressway? Also, is this a team oriented thing?

The only reason I am curious it is because you can't drift a ford focus zx3 There are no auto-X tracks I have found, and street racing just seems to bleh. I plan to do (after 2 years from now when I have 6 g's) a RS500 swap and then I should be able to compete with the local skylines and vipers. 500 hp in a focus will be downright nuts!......then if I get super balsy I'll pull the rear/tranny from a mustang and do a FR conversion for cheap.

hehe thanks chas for correcting me on the title..i get dislexic from time to time...that and I can't spell
                    Last edited by Logan; 12-30-2003, 02:21 AM.

Comment

I guess if you want to say that it'd be cool because when you say Wangan I know exactly what you're talking about. Sorry to rain on your parade but 100mph isn't exactly Wangan speeds. Maybe 200mph.

Chas has the right idea, keep it away from as much traffic as possible. Also make sure that you're not racing on highways with a lot of bumps an imperfections in the pavement. A bump can be lethal if you hit it at speed. The smoother, the straighter, the more vacant the better in your case.

Comment

Originally posted by Shin_Kudou
                        The Wangan Expressway is a high speed toll freeway that loops around Tokyo. It's long, wide and relatively light on traffic, making it perfect for racing. Even better it the presence of food stops along the road, where racers can easily meet up before and after races, without leaving the Wangan.

Wangan has come to stand for highway racing around the world in recent times.
                        what do you meen HIGH SPEED the speed limit is 80kph and anything over a100 and you get a hefty fine. Its not even desighned for anything over 130 kph. In some spots it is 4 lanes in most 3 or 2 lanes.and the traffic is at a dead stop durring the day. Even at night its not safe to do what these guys do. Ive ran it in my FD and have made it from Yokohama to Tochigi Nishinasuno Shiobara exit in two hours, far from safe, and lucky not to get caught.

Comment

THe Wagan goes beyond the Tokyo bay area.Pretty wild.You might want to look in creating downforce,this is were those aerodynamic body kits and lghtweight adjustabe spoilers actually come in handy and don't sit there and look pretty.Having a your car feel nervous at 190-200kph is not cool and only gets worse the faster you go.Also,suspension,very important.And not that cheap stuff,you don't want to know what it's like to have your balls broken on the barreir.

Comment

Originally posted by driftxtreem
                            what do you meen HIGH SPEED the speed limit is 80kph and anything over a100 and you get a hefty fine. Its not even desighned for anything over 130 kph. In some spots it is 4 lanes in most 3 or 2 lanes.and the traffic is at a dead stop durring the day. Even at night its not safe to do what these guys do. Ive ran it in my FD and have made it from Yokohama to Tochigi Nishinasuno Shiobara exit in two hours, far from safe, and lucky not to get caught.
                            Ah, I didn't know that. I was just going by what I'd been told by other people.

Comment

Not to rain on the parade but a Focus isn't exactly a highway battler car unless you battle minivans and Tercels. It's gonna take a whole lot to get that car anywhere near safe at 120 mph.

Not bagging on your car by any means but you need to stay well away from that stuff unless your car is made for it and then stay away from it. It ain't safe, it's hell on your record if you get caught and your insurance will skyrocket. Just have fun doing something else.

Comment

Working...
                              X