No announcement yet.

Ask RYAN HAMPTON Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey buddy, good to see you coming around here again. I know how it is with finances and driving. I have a decent paying and steady job, but it's hard to keep up. I have to make a lot of sacrifices to be able to enjoy my driving time, but I wouldn't change it for anything in the world!

So now that you're driving for Falken, what car are you going to be driving? Can you tell us what all is done to it? Who's driving the AE? Have you considered going to the justDrift (Charlie's) events? I go to those on and off throughout the year, I think I'm going to be doing that instead of Formula D. I just went to WSIR with my Miata, I had a great time, but I slept through most of the day after driving there with no sleep.

Oh yeah, so this is what I've done so far with the FC:
    gutted
    Sparco race seat/harness
    purchase of S5 TII engine & ECU w/ Knight Sports performance ECU
    picked up a A'pex N1 cat-back and RB pre-silencer
    CS widebody fenders

I'm trying to figure out what kind of turbo to go with, I'm going to have to find myself an NPR FMIC too. Other than that, I still need suspension stuff, and that's about it (oh and the TII drivetrain). I'll probably try and get Glenn and Dave to do the tuning stuff on the FC since they're the closest and most qualified guys I know. That and I gotta pick up some rims, can't always be drifting ghetto.

Any input is appreciated, it's great to hear from you again!

Comment

• Originally posted by RyanHampton
      Thanx Buddy (JR)!!
      Not much is going on in the pursuit of the racing career just hanging out trying to work!!

Ryan
      Originally posted by RyanHampton
      D1 is really going to be up to Falken....I would assume yes, but you know what assuming does.......

As far as rental cars, every chance I get....LOL

ryan
      Now that the factory American cars are in the sport and a G4TV deal (Formula D) and the demo at Long beach grand prix how soon will the BIG money come and kick all the little people out. I love too see Max Papis or other big name drivers try drifting (i feel sorry for Gushi (sp?)mustang team once Ford finds out that mustangs will work.. Here come the pre-Nascar factory boys) What does 1st place pay in these events i even know a stunt car driver team looking into too drifting if and when it pays well.

BTW what do you think of team drifting around a whole track and scoring points as a team for a new concept following road races like IRL and CART and even NASCAR.(williow springs and CA track)

Comment

• Originally posted by bluegas
        Now that the factory American cars are in the sport and a G4TV deal (Formula D) and the demo at Long beach grand prix how soon will the BIG money come and kick all the little people out. I love too see Max Papis or other big name drivers try drifting (i feel sorry for Gushi (sp?)mustang team once Ford finds out that mustangs will work.. Here come the pre-Nascar factory boys) What does 1st place pay in these events i even know a stunt car driver team looking into too drifting if and when it pays well.

BTW what do you think of team drifting around a whole track and scoring points as a team for a new concept following road races like IRL and CART and even NASCAR.(williow springs and CA track)
        there are team drifting events in japan

Comment

• Hey guys!
          I don't know if I will be doing WDC this year or not... Its kind of up to Falken.

Clint,
          Glad to hear Howie did well, I knew he is good, and He is talented as hell. P.S Thanks for the watch Stuff!!

Case good to hear from you, sounds like your Fc is coming along! As for as turbos, big! anything big! I would talk to Glen more about that though, he reallly knows his stuff! and so does Dave. Did you ever get the rear steer eliminators for your car yet, gotta get that huge difference! I will try to get to Charlies events this year but the first part it will be tough.

as far as the Big money, I don't see that coming anytime soon. AS far as big names, that may have already started....We do have one advantage though..experience. We need to quickly build some drifting heros so there is hope for the little guy! I have had many "big names" asking a lot of questions about drifting, so I know thats on its way... I think team drifting would be and interesting departure from the vanilla of drifting. It works in Japan why not here?

Ryan
          Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

• Originally posted by RyanHampton
            Hey guys!
            I think team drifting would be and interesting departure from the vanilla of drifting. It works in Japan why not here?

Ryan
            Yes team drifting imo works better than this one more time crap(not always but more so than not)

From what i can tell of drifting the cars are cheaper than late model stock cars. With ford making Race ready 05 mustang with a role cage for under $35k i really think it can pass the poor mans test. all we need is prize money too make it worth a drivers time too sign up. as for sponors it really isnt a import thing anymore now that the GTO and Mustang are in it i follow the WRC way of thought its the driver people cheer for and not always the car but that being said more US cars and drivers the bigger the marketing target and money can be not too mention TV rights if people can get out of this DVD only train of thought DRIFTING as a whole would grow even faster.

Comment

• ARE you MIA????

call me asap .....
              www.driftalliance.com
              TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• Ryan,

Glenn and I just finished my FC rebuild. Waiting to do your, got the new place it is nice too. Call me man, your FC is getting lonely

Comment

• Hey guys Im not MIA Im in AZ!!! JR!!

Ryan,

PS I will get a chance to see the new shop next week when Im in LA....!
                  Ryan Hampton

Comment

• HA! Ill see you this 21st. What are you going to be driving?

-Al

Comment

• Say Ryan, I watched the 24 Hours of Daytona last weekend, and I hope you got a chance to do the same (astoundingly good race this year).

I was wondering what you, as a former Grand Am SRPII competitor, thought about the Daytona Prototype class and if you'd approached or been approached by any DP teams for the 24 or the upcoming season.

Comment

• I think the DPs' are a good idea. It is a good formula for racing. It is relativley inexpensive, easy maintnence, and close racing. I have not been approached about any Grand-Am racing as of late. I have been out of the sportscar loop for a while. You need to constantly be around that crowd to have those kind of opportunitues. So, I have not been focused on sportscar racing in the past few years. I do enjoy it however and I love to watch it. Grand - am has come a long way in the first few years and would love to see it continue!
                        Ryan Hampton

Comment

• Congratulations on qualifying for D1GP!

Comment

• Originally posted by Craftsman
                            Congratulations on qualifying for D1GP!
                            yeah dude, you rock, you're a cool instructor, i'll be cheering for ya =P

Comment

• What do you think about RC Drifting?

Comment

• Hey guys thanks!

It was a long time coming since the first D1 drivers search, but better late than never! I thnink RC car drifting is cool as hell, but hink I will stay with the 1:1 scale cars, RC car drifting is hard as hell..... I used to race rc cars when I was 12. I had a team associated RC10. I would like to get one them there little cars though. I also had a blast trying to drift one of those things...

Thanks Guys !

Ryan Hampton
                                Ryan Hampton

Comment

Working...
                                X