Ask RYAN HAMPTON Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ndrift2
    Hey Ryan How often is youre fc in the shop??
    Tim
    lol Oh boy. Gotta love her. She's probly still sittin in the shop til the next event.

Comment

• Hey FC,

Hows it going? I am happy to hear you will do your first event in AZ! MAzda or Mazdasped are not my sponsors. They did help me secure sponsorship from Upgrade Motoring however for the rest of this year. I wish the car had ran better at the events I attended so far, but there is one more event for it to run in and thats the D1 final in CA. There was an RX-8 drift car, but it never ran. It was supposed to run all the Formula D events, but it had too many problems to overcome. I have not driven Tony's car yet, and may never have the opportunity to. I hear he is going back to rotory power. I would probably never go with a piston driven motor in that car, I am a purist. I like the car with its rotory! It teaches you some different techniques for drifting. If I am in town I will be instructing at the AZ events. I work out of town so much I have missed all the NASA events this year. If the event is early in December, I will instruct. For your first drifting event I would focus on using your vision properly, and learn how to "let" the car slide. Now using your vision properly sounds easy and redundant, but it is the single most important aspect of driving. "Look where you want to go, not where you're going..." thats what you want simply put. My daily driver is a 2002 Toyota Tundra. I know its not what you would expect? Maybe I'm way too practical. Top ten favorite cars in no particular order: Porsche 917, McClaren F1 street car, Skyline R34, Ferrari Enzo, Kazamma's S15, 1992 Williams F1 Car, Corvette ZO6, BMW M3 1995, Subaru STI, Nissan GTP (1990). Least Favorite: Honda NSX, Hyundai Accent, Ford Taurus, Ford Ranger, Chevy Malibu, Pontiac Grand Prix, and Chevy Impala(new). Hope I didn't offend anyone. No those are those are good questions I like those....

Tim,
      My FC is constantly in the shop it lives there. I don'[t daily drive the car. As far as reliability? It has been dead solid. I have only changed the oil in the motor. I have had some issues with managment, but that is all sorted. Other than that mechanically no problems. I have run 5 events and only had to change oil once. A lot of people are afraid of the rotories, but if you don't go crazy, they will last forever. I am running 14 lbs of boost with no problems also. Yes part of drifting is staying up with your competitor, and the control box? I don't think it will work if I am the driver in front, I'm not going to be concentrating on the guy behind me to make sure he is in the "zone". A ton of monkey business will go on there. If I am behind and I want an advantage I will slow way down to screw the guy up in front, sort of like we do in race starts. Drop back and then drop the hammer! So I don't know how that will work. The box will affect angle you will have to wait longer to innitiate.

Wild,

Youre right till the next event!

Thanks guys!
      Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

• Ryan man... Congratulations with your car for next year! Hopefully, the Falken boys will help you stay on top...

Comment

• ya ryan, love the car, how is the change going from the fc to the 240, if youve driven it yet ? have any specs that you could possibly put up.

Comment

• I have not driven the car yet...However it is the right hand drive, Koguchi D1 car. So I think it will be good. I have driven many a right hand drive race cars, but never had to shift with my left hand... That will take some getting used to... It will be a good year for team Falken, I think. I am honored and excited to drive for Falken this coming year!

Thank you,
            Ryan Hampton

Comment

• Originally posted by RyanHampton
              I have not driven the car yet...However it is the right hand drive, Koguchi D1 car. So I think it will be good. I have driven many a right hand drive race cars, but never had to shift with my left hand... That will take some getting used to... It will be a good year for team Falken, I think. I am honored and excited to drive for Falken this coming year!

Thank you,
              Dude, you're a pimp... You can drive anything... Hell, you can keep open wheel cars sideways...

Comment

• Yeah but it will still take some time to get used to.

I'm coming to Dallas this week!
                Ryan Hampton

Comment

Yeah but it will still take some time to get used to.

I'm coming to Dallas this week!
                  For what? What's going on?

Comment

• I'm down here doing the C6 Launch. I would like to see someone make one into a drift car, but I think it will be to expensive.....
                    Ryan Hampton

Comment

• Any personal touches done to your new S13?

Comment

• i laughed at sema b/c the koguchi power wing was still on there. whats he driving next year, i heard a 05 mustang for but jr said differently in another thread. i just heard that from word on the street. you should really replace it with hampton power. if chris had a wing on his car you could put the da logo on all the wings with pink neon lighting it up...

also if your gonna be in dallas this weekend and have some free time come out to the texas drift event there.
                        www.texasdrift.com

btw. i liked your least favorite car list, the grand am did do a very nice burnout though in sonoma

Comment

• Hey Ryan, not to start flinging insults ('cause I like you as a driver and P.J. Chesson happens to be a good friend of mine) but how do you respond to P.J's remark that the accident he got in while trying to fight his way up through the pack (that you were a part of) at Texas that the wreck was

"What happens when you run back there with the squirrels."

Comment

• HEy guys here are some new answers!

I have not done any personal touches to the S13 yet, I think I might leave it the way it is....Might change it to Hampton Power...Nah I better leave Koguchi on there he built it he deserves it. I don;t know what Koguchi will drive yet, there is a lot of speculation going around right now. I'm going to try to get to the Texas Drift event but no guarooontees...I have to work...

Now about the Chesson thing....

I would have to agree with him and his squirell statments, but he started the race behind me, I was still in front of him when the wreck happened, so I was coming up through the field also right? I really don't feel that PJ was pointing fingers at me personally, so no I am not offended. I think he was pointing it at the guy who qualified way ahead of all of us and was going backwards not to mention any names (PAUL DANA) and caused the whole wreck in the first place by being a knob. PJ knows I have won races in IPS at the most difficult track, so I don't think he ment it like that. The crappy thing is at a track like Texas you need HP to qualify well and it is obvious that us at the back had none. In 2002 I qualified 12th and finished 3rd, so in the race you can use the draft to race forward. Thats all I was trying to do again. Tell PJ I said hello and good luck next year!
                            Ryan Hampton

Comment

• Yea, that race sucked... It was painful to watch that accident

So, Ryan are you trying to get in on JGTC?

Comment

Least Favorite: Honda NSX, Hyundai Accent, Ford Taurus, Ford Ranger, Chevy Malibu, Pontiac Grand Prix, and Chevy Impala(new).
                                Hey Ryan I can see why you wouldn’t like those other cars but why the NSX? I was also wondering who your heroes are? Who are your favorite drifters and/or racers? Who inspired you to drift? What are your thoughts on JGTC and D1 combining for GT Live instead of competing against each other? What kind of music do you listen to? Thanks once again for answering our questions.

Comment

Working...
                                X