The Solution For all New To the Drift Scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Solution For all New To the Drift Scene

Ok so now you new guys have been to D1 or have watched some option vids. Good for you. And now you want to know how to get involved with this whole ordeal? Youre first question is gonna be can i drift my car? Sure you can but will it be a proper drift machine? maybe not.

My advice is, this acquire a RWD car preferabbly a S13 or RPS13 89-93(240sx) since they are cheap and plentiful. Now that you have your car u gonna start drifting? not really. I highly recommend getting an L.S.D. A used one will be fine however if u can afford a new one more power to you. with an L.S.D you are pretty much set to begin with. Next would be doing some suspension mods, reduce body roll etc. Upgrade brake pads, rotors. and voila you have yourself a budget drift machine.

And a special note to those who want to use their Civic EGs, EKs for some sliding action. I also recommend getting a LSD if u can keep ur tires spinning technically it can perfom similar drift actions. dont be discouraged however for grip driving makes excellent touge racers.

and if ur pulling ur ebrake alot remember to get it adjusted.

The Idea of the post is right, The angle wrong...

You should tell them what and how to do it... Let them learn for themselves by asking questions...

Also, Many people are going to show resentment and hate towards FF drifters, I personally think that FF belong on the Track, and Touge not drifting... But thats your call. Remeber Without touge Drifting wouldnt exist..

Also many Touge drivers will hate on FF's because they often crash their cars off the mountain...because of understeer... or crash their car into the mountain because of oversteer... either way.. have fun and stay at a safe speed...

Drifting Takes Time and Pratice... Learning the art of grip driving... will help alot... If your in no hurry to be a drifter... I reccomend doing Touge, and Gymkhana(auto X) because it will develop you into a better driver... Also pushing your car teaches you alot about it...

Anywayz this is my last post of 2003... HAVE FUN...HAPPY NEW YEARS!

BE SAFE!!! DRIVE CAREFULLY!! DONT DRINK AND DRIVE!!!

Comment

i tried to be as straight forward as possible, id like for them to ask questions but due to recent members questions im protecting them from instant flaming.

There's nothing wrong with "FF drifters" whether it be a true drift or not its in the eye of the beholder. If Keiichi says "yea you can drift an FF" everyone instantly will change their mind. Drifting is a style and technique a very advance one.
      But like panda_3ight_6 said master grip driving first. Where both techniques will make you become a great driver.

Comment

just don't drift, it's dangerous, wastes a lot of money, gets you nowhere in life, and a waste of time

Comment

Working...
        X