ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask TYLER MCQUARRIE from JASPER PERFORMANCE Anything!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask TYLER MCQUARRIE from JASPER PERFORMANCE Anything!

He will get back with you as soon as possible, as he's on the track all the time some responses may be delayed.

why a supra?

is it the same supra that Millen drove on pikes peak?

where did u start drifting?

how did u start drifting?

age?

location?

drink (non alcaholic, this is drifting.com ) preference?

thats bout it for now...

oh yeah, future plans for the supi?

Comment

This may be a premature question but, any plans to go to Japan?

Comment

Here's a dumb question...

Do the guys at Jasper Performance plan on changing the rear wing? I understand that it's the TRD wing, but you just see that wing on SOOOOOOOO many supra's.

Anyway, keep up the good work guys. Hope you get on the podiums!

Good Luck and Happy Motoring!

Comment

Originally posted by yarzan
          why a supra?

is it the same supra that Millen drove on pikes peak?

where did u start drifting?

how did u start drifting?

age?

location?

drink (non alcaholic, this is drifting.com ) preference?

thats bout it for now...

oh yeah, future plans for the supi?
          Yarzan:
          The Jasper Performance Supra is Millen's Pikes Peak car, which has proven to be a great drift car. We will run it for the 05 season, but we have plans to build a new car for 06. Alex Pfeiffer introduced drifting to me in 97 when he was working at the Russell Racing School where I'm currently an instructor. He showed me a home video of drifting at this place he called "My Mountain". We all thought he was crazy, but it turns out he is. I've been racing cars Professionally for 7 years and Drifting is something I have always enjoyed, but it is everything you are not to do in a racecar! It's slow on the clock. I do most of the HOTLAP( Drifting) rides around Infineon Raceway to Sponsors and Corp. guests in Mustangs and Camero SS. I guess that is where drifting started for me about 5 years ago, which would make me 22 back then. My first event was Houston Formula D last year, where I qualified 4th and finished 4th. I've been hooked ever since! I might end up drifing more this year than racing! I love it.

Drink? Start off with Starbucks. A ton of water! Then I'll put a Red Bull down around mid day and then some more water. Finish it off with a Captian and Coke

Plans for the Supra? Nothing major at the moment.
          Last edited by Tyler McQuarrie; 03-23-2005, 09:50 AM.

Comment

at D1, Japan vs USA, (cali speedway) it seemed like many of the USA drivers were having a lot of trouble. it didn't detract from me losing my voice cheering you guys on.

What was the main difficulty you had to overcome that night? the sudden drop in temperature? the crazy 90 degree angle turn from a fourth gear? not having the same tire selection as the japanese? I heard all these, and was wondering what your main obsticle was.

Comment

BK3896:

I have no plans on going to Japan. It would be hard with all the other racing I'm doing this year. I'm going to do a few NASCAR Southwest tour races and a couple of Infinity Pro series races, which is a support series for the IRL. Add drifting in there and my scheduale is full! Going to japan would be a great experience!

Crimson:

We are looking to change the look of the supra. Not sure what we are going to change at this moment because of some last minute sponsorship deals that have been put on our plate!

Comment

Originally posted by SolidAxleSlide
                at D1, Japan vs USA, (cali speedway) it seemed like many of the USA drivers were having a lot of trouble. it didn't detract from me losing my voice cheering you guys on.

What was the main difficulty you had to overcome that night? the sudden drop in temperature? the crazy 90 degree angle turn from a fourth gear? not having the same tire selection as the japanese? I heard all these, and was wondering what your main obsticle was.
                As for myself, During qualifiying we lost all the clutch fluid which made it very difficult to shift. I was able to get one run in and the team did a great job to get the car running for the tandem runs. Turn 1 was not a problem, it was the bump after it. The Supra is somewhat heavy compared to most of the cars and the shock rebound over the bump was tricky to control! And the tires... With the Japanese tires they are able to carry much more entry speed and angle compared to ours. This is not an excuse, but it is what it is. Plus they're all damm good drivers with some fast cars!!! I like the challenge
                Last edited by Tyler McQuarrie; 03-24-2005, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler McQuarrie
                  And the tires... With the Japanese tires they are able to carry much more entry speed and angle compared to ours. This is not an excuse, but it is what it is. Plus they're all damm good drivers with some fast cars!!! I like the challenge
                  i've always wondered that. I used to think it was the driver never thought about the tires being sticky

Comment

oh and how were you when you first started out at drifting? You were a instructor and drove camaros and stuff but how were you when you first tried it?

Comment

Thanx for replying to my question!

In your racing career, what cars have you driven and what did you first use when you started drifting? Also, what is your personal car?

Comment

Slideways2004:

When I was 8 years old and I got my first kart. I can remember spraying down the garage floor with water and spending hours sliding all over in there. The first time I tried it in a car, it was not easy but it was not unfamiliar to me. It's just like anything you do, the more time you spend at it the better you get.

Crimson:

I've driven Formula Mazda, Formula Vauxhall, Vauxhall Touring Car, Formula Ford 2000, American Le Mans Porsche GT3 RS, USAC Sprint Cars, NASCAR Southwest Tour. The first REAL drift car I ever drove was the Jasper Supra at Houston last year. Up till then it was just bone stock street cars for HOTLAPS at Infineon Raceway. I drive a 04 Audi A4. It's stock except for the Eibach suspension and 19" BBS RGR's.

Comment

When are you going to let me sleep befor events????

Comment

who are you driving for in the NASCAR South west Tour??????????????

Comment

Fast Datsun:

I'm driving for Jess Motorsports. This will be my 2nd year with the team. We will be running at Infineon Raceway NASCAR weekend. It is the same team that Robby Gordon drove for in the Southwest Tour 3 years ago. A Nextel Cup driver will be my team mate this year for the Infineon Race, but I can't tell you who because I would have to kill you!!! He's Big! I'm trying to raise $$$$ for a few more events.

Comment

Working...
                              X