WRX in D1GP??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WRX in D1GP??

I got my D1GP 04-05 yearbook today, I turn to a couple of pages, and I see a Subie..Im like what?? This cant be... It seems like D1 going to have a WRX! From what I see in the book, I dont read Jap... So I wonder?? So about the bad pics, too happy!

all i know about a wrx in d1 is this year kumakubo is suppost to be driving it for yukes or something

Comment

you mite be rite and if im wrong i apologize. but i thot i heard rumors that AWD wasnt allowed in D1GP? sry if im wrong thats just what i thot that i had heard

Comment

they are converting it to rear wheel drive.

Comment

Yeah the rules state that AWD cannot compete...FWD can I believe but I know for a fact AWD is not allowed.
          Anyway yes they are converting it to RWD, as did some people did with other cars (skylines).

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTER-M
            Yeah the rules state that AWD cannot compete...FWD can I believe but I know for a fact AWD is not allowed.
            Anyway yes they are converting it to RWD, as did some people did with other cars (skylines).

um no, in japan they use the factory rwd skylines.

Comment

...where in the rules does it state that?
              http://www.d1gp.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=15

edit: nevermind, i found it here...
              Last edited by canuck; 03-30-2005, 07:02 PM.

Comment

does anyone have anysort of idea why all wheel drive cars cannot compete in D1 ? it's not like they have this crazy advantage over the rear wheel drives (it's not like they have any sort of advantage !) anyways if someone knows why that rule was implanted in there please post ! lol
                Jessie

Comment

tcs

1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Comment

have you ever seen a AWD car "drift"?
                    it doesnt exactly oversteer.
                    watch the front wheels.

Comment

i think coiloverkid(John) said something about this a while back....i forgot but i know his subaru is convert to rwd...something like welding the front lsd or what not.....dont quote me on this one tho....

Comment

Blake Fuller @ braille auto build a RWD-converted WRX.

And yes, there WILL be a WRX at D1 this year

Comment

Originally posted by FD3S_pilot
                          i think coiloverkid(John) said something about this a while back....i forgot but i know his subaru is convert to rwd...something like welding the front lsd or what not.....dont quote me on this one tho....
                          Different center transfer case, no front drive shaft or diff.

Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by mikespeed
                            um no, in japan they use the factory rwd skylines.
                            Yes that is true, but there are still some people who convert.
                            There is an american driver that converted an integra to RWD.
                            Thats what I was trying to get at.

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTER-M
                              There is an american driver that converted an integra to RWD.
                              2 things...

1 - converting fwd to rwd is VERY different from converting awd to rwd

2 - blake fuller is the person you're talking about with the RWD integra. The same person who converted the WRX to RWD.

Comment

Working...
                              X