ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give us the story of your first time (Drifting)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember me and my friend Freshmen year were into drag racing until fast and the furious came out and then everyone wanted in on the import scene. I learned it from my uncle who still drag races and really liked the flashy cars he had. So sophmore year my friend moves to Japan and looks at cars and stuff you know. And me and him are old school, so I tell him to look at old cars, mid 80s, early 90s type. And after a few days he emails me about these regular *Censored**Censored**Censored* cars doing Touge, then he says its drifting and then he says some other mumbo jumbo. So he looks into it and then sends me some japanese dvds which I had to watch on my computer and i see these guys going sideways like in dukes of hazard but much faster and more elegant. From then on I was hooked, I was telling people about all these old cars, "dude, when i get enough money my project car is ganna be an 86 corolla like Keichi "Drift King" Tsuchiya." they were all, whatever that is. They were all about hondas, (no offence to honda lovers). And then my uncle best friend gets a ae86 coupe and lets me drive it. I was what, 15 at the time. and he was trying to show me how to drag and stuff, and I just go crazy you know. I learned to drive when i was 13 so it was all pretty basic. Until we got close to his ranch and i just floored it on a corner. I slid the car sideways but didnt get out of the turn and he was scared for his life but i was like, "that was just like the dvds." so then whenever we went to visit him i asked him if i could take out his car to buy some milk or something and ever time i'd practice that 90 degree turn until i got it. it was crazy, just the feeling you get. its like being scared but enjoying it. probably like the first time i got, anyways, thats a different story for different forum. i'm 19 now and im still looking for an ae86 of my own. i'm in the air force now so i have the funds. wish me luck.

Comment

a couple years ago, I was the first of my friends to get a RWD car, i was driving around with a bunch of RSX guys and had to do something cool to show off, and that was my "first drift" although it was just a clutch kick an intersection.

Comment

Hardly a drift, but when I was learning to drive a manual for the first time last year, during a turn I shifted from gear two up to one, causing the tires to lock up, so I clutched in and came out of the slide =D Still have yet to try and actual drift, my basic skills need more work...

Comment

Working...
        X