Mitsubishi Starion...good drift car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitsubishi Starion...good drift car?

I was wondering if anyone had experience with a Starion drifting. I am looking at an 84 turbo for a good price but I was wondering about parts availability (do they share some parts w/ 1st gen Eclipse?) and overall handling.

I always heard that the Starions were prone to oversteer (not a bad thing!!).

Pros/Cons of ownership?

Any help on this topic would be great.

Thanks,

Dan

The Starions are neat cars. Yes they share alot of the same things as the first gen Eclipse. Basically the same engine. Them and the Conquest are one in the same. As for Drifting it, have no idea. But should be pretty straightforward.

The used to be a big aftermarket for them as Buscher (I think) raced one for a long time in 1/4 mile. The got a little popular for a short time then faded out. Good examples can be gotten for 1500 to as high as 5000. Modding them is like modding an Eclipse. Suspension components will not be near as easy to get as 240 or FC stuff but if you want something that is different go for it.

I like em, always wanted one. Hope its the widebody one cause they looked the best.

Comment

Working...
    X