Ask SAMUEL HUBINETTE Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask SAMUEL HUBINETTE Something!

Please address your questions to SAMUEL HUBINETTE on this thread.

Hey Sam,

We all know you're an awesome kick *Censored**Censored**Censored* driver with probably the 2nd most experience being a professional racer. What challenges do you face driving this years Viper compared to last years Viper being that they're completely different cars?

Comment

Have you ever tried drifting in a lower power car, such as a corolla or mild tune s-chassis?
      i only remember you in at he 80 supra and vipers.

Comment

do you use Ikea furniture? why are swedish women so hot? oh how does the new car compare to last year's viper?

Comment

What is a typical day/week for you?
          What do you do on your spare time?
          How do you like living in SoCal, now that you've been here for a while?
          Assuming that your drifting career is the same here as well as in your hometown,...which city would you prefer to live in?
          What is your daily driver?
          Do you have road rage?
          Do you ever feel the urge to just perform a drift off of a freeway offramp?
          What is the WORST car that you've ever owned/driven?
          What is your favorite type of food?
          What places in SoCal, do you frequently visit?
          What are you thinking the day of the races?
          What are you thinking just prior to a race?
          What type of music do you listen to?
          (This one is for the ladies) Boxers or briefs?
          What is your favorite tire right now? (we will not tell your sponsors if there is a potential conflict...haha)
          Why are Swedes great in bed?
          Do you have any brothers or sisters?
          Any particular hobbies?
          What sports do you like?
          Are you right-handed or left-handed?

Comment

Sam,

Just like several others have asked, how would you compare last year's Viper with the one that you are running now? I'm sure that it is a night and day difference between the two.

Zach

Comment

The 05 Mopar Viper has less power but still enough , a different rear-differential and it is a little bit heavier. But heavy is good in America,Ha, Ha!!!!

Our new Viper was not fully stripped down for Formula D New Jersey , so Archer Racing in Minnesota will try to get the weight down by removing more parts from areas such as the trunk. Right now the power is fine, so we just changed the exhaust after New Jersey.

My shocks are Moton 2-Way adjustable, which is good enough. Last year I used a 3-way, but the 3rd adjustment was for high-speed racing, which I don’t need for drifting. Also, both Vipers were modified to increase the steering angle… right now it is about the same as last year. We also need to change the stock bushing and correct the alignment.

On Tuesday I will test the new Viper at a race track in Minnesota if it doesn't snow like Sweden!! ; then we will know how it compares to the Competition Coupe Viper after making these recent changes.

Comment

So I have to ask this just so everyone will shut up about it-

Was your Competition Coupe a tube chassis car? (I already know the answer, but everyone here needs to hear it from you to believe the truth)

Thanks.

Byron

Comment

didn't he qualify for d1 driver search in a rental 350z?

Comment

Originally posted by shubinette
                    On Tuesday I will test the new Viper at a race track in Minnesota if it doesn't snow like Sweden!! ; then we will know how it compares to the Competition Coupe Viper after making these recent changes.
                    Since when is an ice racer afraid of a little snow!?!!? Good luck with everything, and congratulations on getting hooked up with Mopar again this year. See you in Atlanta!

I have a question for you, have you thought about doing any road racing in the states? Have you in the past?

Comment

Originally posted by ALI
                      Since when is an ice racer afraid of a little snow!?!!? Good luck with everything, and congratulations on getting hooked up with Mopar again this year. See you in Atlanta!

I have a question for you, have you thought about doing any road racing in the states? Have you in the past?
                      HUBINETTE BARES FANGS, PICKS UP SIXTH VIPER RACING LEAGUE WIN

MARCH 14, 2005

Samuel Hubinette earned his sixth Viper Racing League event victory over the weekend, as "The Crazy Swede" picked up victories at Thunderhill Raceway in Willows, Calif. Hubinette piloted the Mopar Viper Competition Coupe owned by Marko Radosavljevic to two victories and the best qualifying time over the competitive field of 13 entries.

The weekend started off a bit rocky for Hubinette, with the Mopar Viper Competition Coupe coming in overheated after practice on Friday afternoon. The DC Performance Crew quickly isolated the problem, and the car was solid during Saturday's practice run. Hubinette started from the pole for Saturday's race, easily winning the 11-lap event. The event was also Hubinette's first visit to the facility.

For Sunday's event finale, Hubinette was relegated to the rear of the field after his victory on Saturday. Traffic was no match for the veteran driver, as he passed the 13-car field within four laps to take the lead. Hubinette went on to capture the 22-lap event with a sizable margin over the field. He also posted the best lap time of the weekend, turning a lap of 1:54.902 over the course of the event.

VIPER LEAGUE RACING
                      Update from Buttomwillow, February 19-20th.

FEBRUARY 23, 2005

It looked for a while that they had to cancel the whole race because of the rain. But we were lucky and the rain kept its distance. Although there was bad weather, many teams did show up.

Friday was just practice. Samuel had good lap times, even though they were racing the track the opposite way than usual. The track was wet in the beginning, so it was hard to get a good grip.

On Saturday morning it was raining. But the rain stopped, and the track dried up quite quick. The day started with training, Samuel did good but felt tired and unfocused.

After that came the qualifications. The transmitter in Samuels car which gives the lap times didn't work. Samuel didn't have any lap time registered. Unfortunately, as a result he had to start last in the race.

The only really big threat in the race was Bobby Archer from Archer Racing, and he started as the second car in a race with 14 cars. The race was 12 laps.

Within 2 laps, Samuel had passed all 13 cars including Bobby Archer. So Samuel could cruise to a great victory. The team crew (DC-Performance) did a good job to keep the car in top condition.

On Sunday it was raining all around us, but over the track, the sun shined and the track was dry. Even if the weather was good, they decided to race at 11 am instead of 1:30 pm due to expected rain in the afternoon.

Samuel's victory on Saturday had him start last again. Therefore, he had to pass 13 cars one more time. And he did it again. After 3 laps he took the lead, passing Bobby Archer who crashed into the wall. So Samuel could simple cruise to the second victory for the weekend.

Samuel's best lap time for the weekend was 1.57.73. Opposite direction

The "CRAZY SWEDE" did it again!! And he is looking forward race in Thunderhill, March 12-13th.

www.toxicdrift.com

Comment

Nice! I've wanted to do a VRL event for a while now. Bobby Archer is a texas native and I talk to him often at our NASA Road Racing events....not sure I'd call him much of a "threat" though...hehehehehe....

Hey Sam, if your ever in the South West and need a co-driver for an Endurance event, give me a call!

Comment

Too bad Paul Mumford is no longer with us anymore as it sounds like he and Sam would have had a tremendous battle on their hands at the Viper Days events.

Nice driving Sam!

Comment

hey sam i like your new viper its pretty cool
                            1. whats your fav car
                            2. whats your favorite d1 driver besides yourself
                            3.your a good driver
                            4. can i get a ride along

Comment

HEY sam, i've just got one question, i've got a friend who was a test driver/mechanic for volvo over in sweden, and i heard that you were too, i was wondering if you knew him, his name was Dag svennebjer, im not sure if thats correct spelling, but o well, he also claims he's one of 5 top volvo mechanics in the world and all this stuff so yeah he's pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X