Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FD: Atlanta - PREDICTIONS!! ??

Stole this idea from another board...

who do you see being in the top 3? Will Rhys make it back-to-back wins? will Sammy place in the top 3 now that he has more experience with the Viper? How will JR do with his new car? Now that all of DA has some more seat time, will they be able to place in the top 3? Will Casper continue his cinderella story?

I wanna see what you all think...

PS - sadly, 2 of the more underdog drivers won't be able to make it... won't say who just yet...
    Rhys Millen
    8.82%
    Alex Pfieffer
    23.53%
    Casper Canul
    2.94%
    Robbie Nishida
    2.94%
    Hubert Young
    5.88%
    Taka Aono
    0.00%
    Andy Yen
    0.00%
    Chris Kregorian
    0.00%
    Calvin Wan
    2.94%
    Ken Gushi
    0.00%
    Daijiro Yoshihora
    5.88%
    Hiro Sumida
    5.88%
    Ryan Hampton
    0.00%
    Samuel Hubinette
    5.88%
    Vaughn Gittin Jr.
    0.00%
    Conrad Grunewald
    0.00%
    Chris Forsberg
    20.59%
    Tony Angelo
    8.82%
    Ernie Fixmer
    2.94%
    Randy "Ranzo" Schmidt
    2.94%

Ranzo will win the event with a car he borrowed.

Comment

chris forsberg-1st
      rhys millen- 2nd
      calvin wan-3rd

Comment

although im not 100% sure, i predict that DA would be in the top 8 or at least 10. if dai uses his old s13, i predict possiblly a podium. for sure rhys will be up in the top.. for the goosh, best 8...

yes yes...vauge...but those are my preditions...

Comment

after seeing Alex last year, he's gotta take it this weekend

1 Alex P.
          2 Seigo
          3 Rhys or Chris F.

Comment

Huberts on a roll

I am going to say another TOP 5 minimum

thinking in all honesty

1-alex
            2-Rhys (he is consistent)
            3-???? kinda tuff someone from DA maybe Hubert

I'll let you guys know AFTER THIS WEEKEND...

Comment

Originally posted by kineticdb8r
              Huberts on a roll

I am going to say another TOP 5 minimum

thinking in all honesty

1-alex
              2-Rhys (he is consistent)
              3-???? kinda tuff someone from DA maybe Hubert

I'll let you guys know AFTER THIS WEEKEND...
              Hubert's in DA? since when?

Originally posted by MoNkEy_MaGiCx
              although im not 100% sure, i predict that DA would be in the top 8 or at least 10. if dai uses his old s13, i predict possiblly a podium. for sure rhys will be up in the top.. for the goosh, best 8...

yes yes...vauge...but those are my preditions...
              I know Dai's car was out of the paint shop last week, but they had some motor troubles at a testing day at willow springs. I'm sure it would be repaired, but not sure if the car will be 100% for the weekend.

Originally posted by slideways2004
              chris forsberg-1st
              rhys millen- 2nd
              calvin wan-3rd
              Calvin over Alex?

It's tough, because everyone is doing so good! it's going to be an exciting event!!

who were the final four last year at houston? anyone know? I think Alex did really well at that event, and obviously Sam won...

Comment

If anyone that will take this home at ATL. Is Alex P.

Taka for third.

Comment

dont forget about Hiroo Sumida in the Toyota Chaser. His first qualifying run in jersey was one of the best laps of the day. I thought he and Millien were on an almost even plateau. If he didnt hit the wall on his second run then im sure he wouldve been atleast in the top five. Even tho the chaser was repaired, there was clearly something wrong with it when he came back out for the tandems. If his car is running right i think he'll be a big contender.

Other than Hiroo im goin for Dai, casper, JR and taka.

Comment

I think Rhys is at 2 to 1/even odds to win Texas, though Texas's flat lot course is a bit of a great leveler compared to the high banks of Wall or Irwindale which favor big power cars like the GTO.

Alex will be right in the hunt if he unloads strong, but if RS*R spends too much time chasing their tails for setup then he'll be top 8, bottom half.

The Falken boys - Forsberg, Wan, Gitten, Hampton - are going to need strong showings at Texas so expect them to be very strong but perhaps erratic if their hands get ahead of their heads.

Aono is going to be very strong, I think. Texas is short and flat instead of big and banked like Wall. His remarkably nimble AE86 is going to be tough to beat if he gets a good qualifying run.

Gushi needs to concentrate on tighter lines and smoother runs. If he tightens up his lines and Gushi Auto get a bit more reliability out of the 'Stang, he'll be a contender but I think still shy of winning.

Hubinette, going into Texas, reminds me of one of Dr. Weird's lines "Now, agitate the HELL out of this snake!" We've done smacked that snake with a stick, and it'll be ready to bite. He'll be tough.

Comment

Out here in the ATL already, got reaquianted with the track, man I like this place, wished it was in the middle of LA or something like that. Well no driver predictions here, but weather is great! Nice clear and warm today, some rain Thursday, but back to warm weather for Friday and Saturday, I heard mid-70's... sure beats freezing NJ. I wanna know who will be the first into the sand trap... OH... dont forget this Sunday on G4, FD 2005 round 1!

Comment

The way things are shaping up this year... I guess
                        1) Rhys M. (if you were at Jersey youll see what Im talking about)
                        2) Casper C.(the man is a threat, go Monstor! RAWR!!!!!)
                        3) Tony Angelo (after the seat time hes had, he'll represent DA to the fullest!)

Theres still 4 races after Atlanta and Im just mad that I cant go see it at Hotlanta (thats what the cool guys are calling it). I hope that everyone drifts safe and has fun!!! While you guys are drifting... Ill be watching F1

PS- This is what the alphabet would look like if "Q" and "R" were eleminated.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
                          Hubert's in DA? since when?

who were the final four last year at houston? anyone know? I think Alex did really well at that event, and obviously Sam won...
                          1st- sam
                          2nd- gushi
                          3rd- chris forsberg
                          4th- daijiro

i'm not sure about the last one. last year i thought gushi was gonna win then he broke an axle

Comment

A poll with the top 10 drivers was just added.

Comment

Originally posted by INFO
                              A poll with the top 10 drivers was just added.
                              What about the rest of us? sadface
                              www.chrisforsberg.com
                              www.driftalliance.com
                              www.nosdrift.com
                              www.hankooktireusa.com

Comment

Working...
                              X