ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Initial D movie trailer and pics (downloadable)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boostedrex
    Looks to be a pretty good movie. I'm sure that most everyone here will buy it when it hits DVD in the States. I am looking forward to getting to see it.

Zach

nah everyone will download it off the internet

Comment

When is it coming out (in Hong Kong) ?

Comment

june 23 in hong kong

http://hk.initialdthemovie.com/index_en.html

Originally posted by D1champ
        When is it coming out (in Hong Kong) ?

Comment

So does anyone have a bootleg subtitled version yet?

Comment

does anyone know forsure that it will be released in the us???

Comment

Originally posted by 240LoVeR
              does anyone know forsure that it will be released in the us???
              Well, for normal theater release you can bet your *Censored**Censored**Censored* it's not coming here. If you know anyone living in HK, have em' send you a bootleg copy.

Comment

The movie sucked..

I watched it already..

The cinematography was absolutely horrible. I'm glad I didn't pay money to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by holisticbeatz
                  The movie sucked..

I watched it already..

The cinematography was absolutely horrible. I'm glad I didn't pay money to watch it.
                  where did you see it?

Comment

i wasn't aware production was finished

Comment

yea hes right its out i didnt want to get it thoe because i dont know if its subbed or dubbed in english so ill wait and see

Comment

how the hell did you not pay money for it smartazz? im pretty sure there are no bootlegs out yet since it just came out like two weeks ago and i searched the shadiest places in the city and couldnt find one i just came back from there a week ago. the cops in hk are very strick about bootlegs on this movie now because of what happened with kung fu hustle there. (there were bootlegs release before the movie even hit the theaters like with episode III). but unforunately i left a day before the premere. and i doubt it was that horrible as you describe it cuz it broke all the box office records in hk in the first week and they are already filming a sequal.

ten bucks says holisticbeatz doesnt even understand cantonese even if he did see it

Comment

it is out but quality is bad but ok to watch
                          i didnt watch it yet thoe still waiting for subs
                          Last edited by CFran55; 07-05-2005, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Actually, torrentspy.com has 2 screeners but they're both in cantonese. A new one popped up today I'm currently downoadling and the author posted a comment saying it's a valid subbed screener, the link is here http://www.torrentspy.com/search.asp...nitial%20movie If you're having trouble just type "initial d movie" in the torrentspy.com search engine and read some of the comments before you download. Oh yeah and you have to have torrent knowledge.

Also I suggest browsing torrentspy, some really great rally and drifting videos.
                            Last edited by Sleight; 07-06-2005, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Nothing works on that site.

Comment

'Star Wars' Overshadowed by Japanese Comic

HONG KONG (AP) - Darth Vader, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are feeling the heat at the box office from an unusual rival - a movie based on a Japanese comic book, directed by Hong Kongers and starring a Taiwanese pop star making his debut in the movies.

"Initial D," the story of a young street car racer, has stunned "Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith" and the action thriller "Mr. and Mrs. Smith," starring Jolie and Pitt, at the Hong Kong box office.

The movie grossed $3.6 million over 10 days as of last weekend. By comparison, the latest Star Wars installment has made just $2.4 million over 46 days. "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" fared better, earning $2.8 million in 25 days.

"Initial D," filmed in Japan, is a testament to the far reach of Japanese popular culture and marks a unique cultural cross-pollination. Some of the Chinese entertainment industry's top creative talent teamed up to bring the work of Japanese comic artist Shuichi Shigeno to life.

At the helm are Andrew Lau and Alan Mak - the directing duo behind the acclaimed Hong Kong police thriller "Infernal Affairs," which is being remade into a Hollywood film directed by Martin Scorcese and starring Leonardo DiCaprio.

Leading the cast is Asian pop sensation Jay Chou, a singer-songwriter and one of Chinese-language music industry's biggest names.

Chou's fame also translates into instant regional appeal for the movie, a commercial consideration director Mak said was inevitable for a movie with a $10 million budget.

"Whether it's Taiwan, mainland China or Hong Kong, he's the hottest singer of his age group," Mak told The Associated Press.

Rounding out the cast is veteran Hong Kong actor Anthony Wong, local heartthrobs Edison Chen and Shawn Yue and singers Jordan Chan and Kenny Bee. Japanese actress Anne Suzuki, who appeared in the 1999 film "Snow Falling on Cedars" with Ethan Hawke, plays Fujiwara's classmate and love interest, Natsuki Mogi.

On the Net:

"Initial D" official movie Web site:

http://www.initialdthemovie.com

Comment

Working...
                                X