Stolen: SoCal, Thao Nguyen's white S13 fastback drift car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aiki-Drift
    Be careful what you guys say; Insulting the thiefs and what not. They read these boards too. Who's to say they aren't waiting till she replaces everything so they can steal the right stuff next time? Just be mindfull and spend $15 on a cutoff switch of some sort. I'll do the same when I install the thousand dollar parts sitting in my room. Think about it.
    This has happend quite a few times on various boards that I visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickdmarz
      Damn girl at last you got it back...but thats the weirdest thing ever with the replacement bumper and what not...
      Yeah, here's another weird thing: they swapped batteries with me. I had a regular Interstate battery, and they gave me a Duralast (?) one. They put my whole car back together... even the tension rods. It was odd! Maybe they were planning on daily driving it, they also kept my 180SXXY license plate

Comment

Originally posted by DomLee
        This has happend quite a few times on various boards that I visit.
        My BF actually thought of this too...he thinks someone could have tipped someone off, you know?? Jealousy or whatever...

Comment

Originally posted by ticklemethao
          Yeah, here's another weird thing: they swapped batteries with me. I had a regular Interstate battery, and they gave me a Duralast (?) one. They put my whole car back together... even the tension rods. It was odd! Maybe they were planning on daily driving it, they also kept my 180SXXY license plate
          What the hell?? That is weird as hell...did you ever get those items insured??

Hey Thao was the car your daily??

Oh yea...I'll post where I can that your car was found...

Comment

yeah that's weird that they'd put back together... most people would just have burnt the thing... happened to my friends car =*(. Me and Mike have some thoughts on this one but we'll tell you in person.

Comment

Originally posted by GoukiS14
              yeah that's weird that they'd put back together... most people would just have burnt the thing... happened to my friends car =*(. Me and Mike have some thoughts on this one but we'll tell you in person.
              Yeah, I had my s2k stolen and they took out my aftermarket suspension and put in stock suspension. Unbelievable really.

Comment

that sux. Hope u find it!

Comment

When my second civic was stolen, they replaced my suspension with stock pieces as well. I guess they drove around for a while then dumped it. Around the corner from a police station at that.

Comment

i'm sorry that the car's in such shape, but thankfully like you said, it's okay. At least she's back in good hands. Gee, if I had some spare parts, I'd hand it over. Well, it'll be back together soon-hopefully Thao. Take care. Stay safe. DONT DRIVE IT YET. J/K. Blessings!

rex

Comment

im glad you got your car back (most of it). it is difficult to justify these idiots' logic (if you are reading this...sorry, please dont steal my car!) i tried to make sense of it too when they stole my car. they too, replaced my battery and for some odd reason tried ripping my wire harness apart...

like i said before, eventhough you got your car back...it will never feel the same anymore. the parts are replacable, but there are intangible things those thieves took that unfortuanately will never be recovered....im sorry Thao.

Comment

this is why you blur out your license plates when you post pictures guys...

but i'm sure you guys knew this already

Comment

No, none of my car or parts were insured for theft
                          I had another daily driver, a red s13, but the thing was overheating and I needed to get to my mom's house (60 miles away) for a mother's day brunch. So then I took the white car. My luck. After the graphics were done the car had only gone between here, a friend's garage, and Texas. I let my guard down for a minute and that's when my car got taken
                          Not many people knew the exact parts on my car, it's not listed anywhere online... so if they took the car, they had no idea what they were getting except for all the exterior goodies. Thank God they didn't find the 2way and the JWT stuff

Comment

I was in the middle of putting it all back together. And then it 'disappeared' again.

Comment

That is absolutely ridiculous. I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope that they find it while the people that took it are in it so they can get some "seat time" in the graybar hotel.

Comment

It got stolen again!?!?!? That really sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X