• Show
Clear All

• insurance companies know you are drifting

saw this on another board. too funny.

Damn kids and their "turbo boosters"

Comment

omg that picture is huge.....

Comment

HAHAHAHA TURBO BOOSTERS. so what if you have strut tower bars, perhaps you drive at the track. lol thats funny

Comment

Strange that it says "Spring 2005" but it looks like it was written in 1999.

Comment

Great this is just F'ing perfect...I guess its time for everyone who has a rear wheel drive car to boycott geico. Insurance is already expensive enough without them comming up with a new reason to raise the rates.

I know this was meant to be funny and all since they used stupid terms like "turbo-boosting" but it pisses me off at the same time..I have a feeling this is going to turn into a domino effect and other insurance companies are going to use drifting as an excuse to raise their rates. ...bah..

Comment

hahaha,i have that same page posted up in my garage,ithink its funny how "they can tell if youve been drifting,or if it was an accident" lol i just luagh at it everytime i look at it....

Comment

Lol and its a FWD setup car in the pic lol

Comment

Originally posted by dreamdrivedrift
                  HAHAHAHA TURBO BOOSTERS. so what if you have strut tower bars, perhaps you drive at the track. lol thats funny
                  When you start driving, you'll see that many insurance companies won't cover you if your car is driven on the track.

Comment

Is your child a ricer? We here at Dewey Cheatum, and Howe Insurance Company would like to give you some warning signs about what to look for. We feel that blowing this out of proportion, you will never let your child drive and we will make more profits. But onto the warning signs

- Huge cannister mufflers attached to stock exhaust piping. Many people decide that they are going to just go for the sound aspect without worrying about the addition of that pesky horsepower.

- Cut springs. Some kids feel that its the look that is important and why should they pay for aftermarket springs that were designed for a specific ride height? Pffft, why go through all that trouble when you can simply snip the buggers.

- Lots of noise but very little movement. If your child's car makes an incredible amount of noise at low rpm's then there are chances that this may be a symptom of being a ricer.

Why do we point this out to you? Because we feel that the media doesnt sensationalize this enough. If you arent so freaked out that you throw rational thought out the window, then you will actually blame us when we jack your rates up 4 times this year.

Comment

The problem is not insurance companies looking for ways to raise their rates. The problem is with idiot drivers looking for ways to crash their cars which in turn makes insurance companies raise their rates.

Originally posted by MonkeySlide
                      Great this is just F'ing perfect...I guess its time for everyone who has a rear wheel drive car to boycott geico. Insurance is already expensive enough without them comming up with a new reason to raise the rates.

I know this was meant to be funny and all since they used stupid terms like "turbo-boosting" but it pisses me off at the same time..I have a feeling this is going to turn into a domino effect and other insurance companies are going to use drifting as an excuse to raise their rates. ...bah..

Comment

what are you? a lobbiest for the insurance companies? JK

It pisses me off because they act like having a modified car means your son will get into an accident. I wonder what would happen if they put all this effort into curbing DWI's. If you dont understand ask anyone who lives in Northern Virginia what Fairfax County is like.... can you say *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* police state when it comes to modified cars?

Comment

No, I pay too much for insurance and if people wouldn't drive like *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* holes I would pay less.

Originally posted by su_maverick
                          what are you? a lobbiest for the insurance companies? JK

It pisses me off because they act like having a modified car means your son will get into an accident. I wonder what would happen if they put all this effort into curbing DWI's. If you dont understand ask anyone who lives in Northern Virginia what Fairfax County is like.... can you say *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* police state when it comes to modified cars?

Comment

Originally posted by kclo4
                            No, I pay too much for insurance and if people wouldn't drive like *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* holes I would pay less.
                            tell that to all the soccer moms driving excursions talking on their cell phones while checking their make up. Tell that to the yuppies driving 90 down the road in their brand new Mercs thinking they own the road. Tell that to the jerk who decides to go out and have a few and then drive home and end up plowing into a mother and her kids because he was too drunk to drive and didnt want to bother to call a cab.
                            Trust me, I dont street race and think its stupid and ego driven BUT I believe the US Media is blowing the situation out of proportion.... Sorry your rates are so high, you know, 15 minutes could save you 15% with Geico?

Comment

Yup, they suck a fat one, agreed. But so do street racers. Drifters aren't a problem in my area since there is so few of them, but I am sure it is in some areas. When I said people drive like *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* holes, I was using that in the most general way.

Originally posted by su_maverick
                              tell that to all the soccer moms driving excursions talking on their cell phones while checking their make up. Tell that to the yuppies driving 90 down the road in their brand new Mercs thinking they own the road. Tell that to the jerk who decides to go out and have a few and then drive home and end up plowing into a mother and her kids because he was too drunk to drive and didnt want to bother to call a cab.
                              Trust me, I dont street race and think its stupid and ego driven BUT I believe the US Media is blowing the situation out of proportion.... Sorry your rates are so high, you know, 15 minutes could save you 15% with Geico?

Comment

Working...
                              X