Jdm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jdm

I've been wondering what does everyone thinks is so great about having a J-Spec car? I personally like JDM style... but prefer to keep the names the same... and some parts the same... nothing wrong with putting alot of JDM stuff on a car... or doing a car up in JDM style but why do most of you JDM fanintics do it? I mean your not in japan... why not just develop your own personal style?

I think I can take a stab at this. Because.

Thats pretty much the reason why. I mean people do up a 50's hot rod all the time but we don't live in the 50's. People drive cars that look like Nascars but they aren't in Nascar. It's just preference. They might like it. I don't knock em for doing that. Though the JDM moniker gets taken too far sometimes.

It's just what some people like and some don't. It's exotic feeling, like driving a Lambo or something. I sometimes wear a Russian watch but i'm not Russian. Been there but not from there.

Comment

RE:

Cuz it's JDM tyte y0!!! Sh!t....

Heheh, but I do have my own style. JDM is just the latest craze I guess.

Comment

Okay

Its because the J-Spec does not have the limit that the USDM counterparts has.

Example:
        240SX = Its not Silvia with the SR20Engine

Integra = We do not have the Type R

I dont want to list them all, But i think you got the idea.

Comment

Integra = We do not have the Type R
          We do have the type R...

But regarding the topic, people do it because they're show *Censored**Censored**Censored*s. Jdm doesnt make you drive better, so jdmwhores must be concerned with the looks or reputation even what they claim as unique is still show*Censored**Censored**Censored*ging it. But whats the point of the car besides driving it? I could understand a better engine i guess, but not like lights and this and that. I was at a shop one time getting my koyo and some guages when i heard some kid talk about putting a jdm shift boot in his car. wtf is that?. I wanted to say something, but people are allowed to do whatever they want. I think the only explanation is they moved from fast and the furious to japanese imitation show*Censored**Censored**Censored*ness. If it doesnt help your car or make you faster then fuk it. Unless your a show*Censored**Censored**Censored*. Sorry to offend the show*Censored**Censored**Censored*s but its your problem not mine

Comment

^
            ^
            Show Cars are now saturating the term "JDM" it sucks. But the whole purpose of choosing JDM vs USDM is the power difference between counterparts. Well that used to be the purpose but now its just all style. ASHAMED

Comment

well we do have import cars, whats wrong with buying JDM parts? They fit better and are higher quality. I will take JDM over USDM any day. Quit your bitching, you have so much time to find things to rag on i dont see how you even get to drifting.

Comment

Yes, JDM parts are higher quality, but putting a K's badges on your ka powered 240 isnt right.
                Attached Files

Comment

Meh, people put Lexus badges on their Toyota's over here.

Comment

JDM is a style like anything else. Most people choose to go with the flaring side skirts and monter hoods of the USDM side, but go with the subitle JDM side. not all flashy but you can still tell the car has been modified. and when using a JDM engine, 99% of the time its better than its USDM counterpart.

what interestes me is alot of you guys are like "i don't care, its your own style so do wut want." blah...blah...blah....but you still make threads like this....

something to ponder about...

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis
                      when using a JDM engine, 99% of the time its better than its USDM counterpart.
                      I guess my JDM 4g63T falls in that 1% *mental note* don't buy a auto 4g63T if u have a stick, unless u like using the dremal tool to cut out a pressed fit steel spacer on the crank where the clutch goes......major pita

Comment

One word: bandwagon

Comment

to each his own. i want the jdm oem silvia s14 center dash piece....(it has business card holder)

Comment

my cars gonna be all JDM'ed out its kuz none of the racers around my area dont have any JDm parts and i like to be different but i guess alot of other people in big cities do use jdm parts ohwell might aswell live with it

Comment

Ok, I question how many people actually know what JDM is. It just means that you have a car that's stock...for those of us who are from/lived in Japan for extended periods of time it's nothing special. So you pop your hood and expect a JDM boner from everbody, no, you get a, "ok...you've built a car that's stock...yay for you?" For those of you who want to make your car, "JDM tyte", I feel I must inform all of you that you're modding your car to be stock...sort of self defeating, don'tchya think?

Comment

Working...
                              X