No announcement yet.

More Variety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand the cost thing, but you can say the weight of the car is keeping you from drifting since you can see all sorts of cars drifting here in the land of the rising sun(vans, monster trucks, big vip/pimp sedans)
    also, has anyone here gone on an all NA venture with the KA? Carbs anyone? Rather than jus throwing it out and dropping an SR the minute you get a 240, anyone try to atleast compete with the SR with the KA? Ofcourse this would take alot of money also, like USDM drifters, but is it possible to pull out a good amount of power out of a KA?

Comment

I'm a man yo, i don't drive like that

Clarification about the cougars. The early 90s models that looked like the old ford thunderbirds WHERE RWD, with the V-8 version having the same 5.slow as in the old mustang. (sorry, i dislike 5.0 mustangs because of all the rednecks around me.) There was even a limited run with a manual tranny. Also, I'd be interested in someone drifting an old Taurus SHO (The RWD ones, not the last gen). I really think it'd be amazing if someone took a 4th gen F-body and made a drift car out of it. I'm thinking Ram-Air WS6 firebird....

Comment

yea, with the KA thing, there are 2 guys i know of that post their setups with ITBs, one sohc one dohc, neither has any dyno numbers from what I understand. You could do a cheap upgrade with the sohc pistons in the dohc block/head, a few have done it, but not really a huge hp gain. Nobody wants to spend the money because you get around 200 whp n/a for the same price as a 400+ hp turbo setup on the KA. The only guys running carbs on their KA is the datsun 510 guys, and I would have a hell of a time passing emissions with carbs I think. I'm trying to go turbo setup someday, small *Censored**Censored**Censored* t25 on the ssauto manifold, fmic, sr20 injectors, safc and you're practically there. 200ish hp on the stock 7psi, I'm a happy camper, cost under 1000 for that setup.

There were N/A racers using KA in the early 90s and on, making around 300hp but the engines were race only with huge cams, ridiculous compression, unstreetable basically. Nobody has really looked into those because, most 240 owners are cheap, like myself. If you arent cheap and you own a 240, you most likely have a sr20.

Comment

try looking at the N-Sport kit for KA turbo options. The kit has been working for me very well for almost 3 years now.

Terry

Comment

I'd like to point out two things.

#1 - Both generations of Taurus SHO were FWD. The first gen was a 3.0L Yamaha developed V6.

#2 - While 1969 Camaros have gained slightly in value over the past few years, the value of the car depends entirely on the options it was originally equipped with. If the drift Camaro started out as an RS/SS350 four speed car with stripe package, handling package, etc ad nauseum, then it will definitely depreciate. However, if it was a base six cylinder, 307, or 327 powered example - or if it was a far gone RS or SS rescued from the boneyard - then competition and national attention will help it appreciate.

Comment

the first gen F-bodys are one of the most expensive muscle cars to buy because people want them options dont play a part most of the time. a clean 1st gen will cost $$$$$. I was looking for one a couple years back and the cheapest I found was $3000 it was a 69 z28 it had a new front(hood fenders) and rust free body and that was about it no: motor, tranny, rear end, or any interior just body and frame+windows

I don't think weight would really play a big part in a domestic drift car a 240 weights what 2800lbs with 160hp right, my Iroc weights about 3600lbs my stock 305 was rated at190hp & 285tq(I put a 350 in mine with 260+hp and about 370tq), for about the price of a turbo kit you can get a healthy 350 with 300+hp or for about $2500 you can build one your self with about 400hp+tq

Comment

The one American car I'm really interested in seeing sideways is the new Charger. Holy sweet jesus is that thing sexy.

B-Wurm

Comment

"Yea I toally agree, I was just watching the new charger on Car and driver tv on speed channel And they were saying that it's definetly one of the top best cars coming out from dodge this year.. and Its got Little Competition. But yea They really did i nice job but my only complaint is that i dnt like the way there making the grills for all the new dodges. I mean i know its the Srt look because its that type of car, but I jsut like it better when other cars dont all look similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzyirishguy
                    my only complaint is that i dnt like the way there making the grills for all the new dodges. I mean i know its the Srt look because its that type of car, but I jsut like it better when other cars dont all look similar.
                    but you get great function out of the grill due to it's hudge opening. without that i think they might have overheating issues.

Comment

yea your probably right..I mean with an Msrp of 28,000 you cant beat that..

Comment

Anything can be built if someone has the drive and the money. I dont doubt the '69 will eventually be a competitive car. It will just take time to get setup right since this sport is kinda new to domestics. Newer cars are cool, but like everyone said, nobody gonna be drifting that stuff because of the cost (sponsored ppl only). The 80-95 domestic market is pretty cheap. I keep my stuff cheap so I dont feel bad when I crash. Whenever I find parts for dirt cheap I buy em even if I dont need em yet. Fenders for $10, that kinda stuff.

I seen guys with N/A SR20's built up pretty good, but not many with N/A KA's built up to the hilt.

Comment

Working...
                        X