The show was a little un organized
      but all in all i am pretty sure most everyone had a good time
      i would like to go to FD chicago
      but thats too much of a trip for me at this time

Max

Comment

Originally posted by kairles
        congrats to calvin for winning

I had a great time even though I had to leave early couldn't see the last 4 run.

anyone know what was wrong with bubba drifts car....eerrrrrr....truck yeah you know, what happened he was doing good then he would just run off the track??

1st time lost a belt

2nd time car cutout really bad and backfired, then decided to work again.

did good though for only 1 run that wasnt in practice or tandem, think i snuck into top 10 in points so im happy.

Comment

Go Calvin! When I saw your first qualifying runs, I knew that you were in the running, and though it's impossible to predict what will happen in tandem, I knew you'd be up there. Way to go and represent for Norcal!

JR too was going crazy, and the runs vs. Hubinette were about the craziest thing ever. Totally awesome.

ROSS PETTY wins the gangsta of the event award for his runs that were just...The most gangsta. He is also owed a "Get a One More Time for Free" card for the next event to present to them when he needs a one-more time. Because that was wack, vs. Rhys that he didn't get at least that, or even the win.

John Yim! Another awesome Corolla driver, totally great. #1 qualifier too.

And of course there are way more to list. I was really impressed with everyone's runs in fact, everybody is getting so much better!

We tried to run, pulling an all nighter with a lot of help to swap the differential, transmission, and suspension from Gaylord Garcia's car into Alex Pfeiffer's old coupe (full cage). Then on the starting line at the event the water pump seized and shearead off the pully, and fan...also cracked and sent all our coolant into the staging lane. So we were done for the weekend before Gaylord could even take a practice run....Next time!

Comment

All the driver's did awesome and Congrats to Calvin, Tanner, and JR!!

Comment

BIG Congrats to Falken. Just perfect.

And JR, I love ya buddy. I'm so happy and impressed, and wish I could have been there to see your first FD podium...Amazing.

Comment

Yeah.. CALVIN KICKED *Censored**Censored**Censored*! Tanner just needed to do a conservative run but tried to pass, ended up jumping the berm which meant 0 points.. so the 1 more time, Calvin took it. Awesome runs..

Comment

Originally posted by illegalgarage
                  The show was a little un organized
                  but all in all i am pretty sure most everyone had a good time
                  i would like to go to FD chicago
                  but thats too much of a trip for me at this time

Max
                  really? what part did you think was unorganized?

I didn't deal with anything related to the car show or vendor roll in (i know that's usually pretty hectic), but everything for media and the race side of things was pretty close to flawless.

My only complaint is that I didn't have sunscreen on Friday. That, and I wish I could have shot from more than one of the photo pods at once. But my super human powers havent kicked in just yet... maybe by FD Irwindale...

Comment

Wow, Congrats to the Team Falken Drifters!!

Everybody go out and buy Falken tires now

Comment

Originally posted by SpoonFork
                      Yeah.. CALVIN KICKED *Censored**Censored**Censored*! Tanner just needed to do a conservative run but tried to pass, ended up jumping the berm which meant 0 points.. so the 1 more time, Calvin took it. Awesome runs..

Can someone from formula drift verify this about ZERO points for hitting the birm?

Comment

big congrats to Calvin and Team Falken!! Tanner Foust is really doing good. that's 2 big finishes! Also congrats to John Yim, fellow houston driver!!

Comment

anyone know what was wrong with bubba drifts car....eerrrrrr....truck yeah you know, what happened he was doing good then he would just run off the track??
                          We installed a new belt tensioner, and the stronger force caused us to break power steering pulleys, pumps, and some mounting brackets. During the competition we lost the belt (no power steering - which you need with the beast). The second time it cut out, maybe fuel related (we were so busy doing steering stuff that we didn't top off the gas ) At least people should stop whinning about us being slow after watching our runs

Comment

with out those two mishaps I think you could of possibly made it to the final four. you had some real good runs

good job, and thumbs up for drifting a Caballero

Comment

Originally posted by Slonie

ROSS PETTY wins the gangsta of the event award for his runs that were just...The most gangsta. He is also owed a "Get a One More Time for Free" card for the next event to present to them when he needs a one-more time. Because that was wack, vs. Rhys that he didn't get at least that, or even the win.
                              Hahaha yeah that sucked that he lost.

Comment

Working...
                              X