Anybody watching Champ Car (Canada)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody watching Champ Car (Canada)?

Madness!!! is all I can say. Soo many crashes and drama. It started with Paul Tracy and Borday? Then Tracey runs out of fuel because they closed the pit from another accident before he turned in. There were like 10 crashes within 40 laps I think. Justin Wilson Wins

I saw some of it. Wasn't bad. Going in circles isn't exactly my thing, but the crash that happened with like 9 laps to go or whatever was pretty intense.
    It would be pretty sweet to drive one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTER-M
      I saw some of it. Wasn't bad. Going in circles isn't exactly my thing, but the crash that happened with like 9 laps to go or whatever was pretty intense.
      It would be pretty sweet to drive one of those.
      Are we talk'n about the same event? Champ Car not Nascar

Comment

omg yea not chicago; canada! ha i saw it good *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* man

Comment

Sorry, I avoid Champ Car at all costs.

F*CK Kevin Kahlkhoven.

F*CK Paul f*cking Gentilozzi.

F*CK all of the bastards in CART who destroyed open wheel racing in this country and chase all of our skilled drivers into tin top fender thingies.

This message brought to you by USAC, ISMA, MSA, AVSS, HOSS, NAMARS, Wolverine Outlaw Midget Series, SCRA, and every other open wheel series in America that has been hamstringed by Gentilozzi and Kahlkhoven's egos.

Comment

Formula D and Modified Mag put on a drift expo at that event with Tarzan Yamada, Calvin Wan...

Tarzan was sick!! Shred his tires LOL

Comment

I saw the race, it was good. To tell you the truth I only watch F1,AMLS, DP, and assorted others but this was the first actual CART race that I really sat down to watch. It was exciting. Lots of passing, the last crash was WOW! Overall good entertainment. Oh I also saw some of the Nascar race and fell asleep on the 20-28th lap......

PS- JUAN PABLO MONTOYA WINS GP OF SILVERSTONE!

Comment

[QUOTE=ModifiedGuy]Formula D and Modified Mag put on a drift expo at that event with Tarzan Yamada, Calvin Wan...

Couldn't have been Calvin Wan. He was busy winning Formula D Sonoma

Comment

[QUOTE=kurumakun]
                  Originally posted by ModifiedGuy
                  Formula D and Modified Mag put on a drift expo at that event with Tarzan Yamada, Calvin Wan...

Couldn't have been Calvin Wan. He was busy winning Formula D Sonoma
                  No, Calvin took off for Toronto right after Sonoma.
                  Hubert Young
                  KORE 8 Films

Comment

[QUOTE=motdyn_s14]
                    Originally posted by kurumakun

No, Calvin took off for Toronto right after Sonoma.
                    An hour after WINNING!

Crazy guy.

-Al

Comment

[QUOTE=.Al]
                      Originally posted by motdyn_s14

An hour after WINNING!

Crazy guy.

-Al
                      No wonder I couldn't get ahold of him. Rock on, Calvin.

Comment

Originally posted by Octagon
                        Sorry, I avoid Champ Car at all costs.

F*CK Kevin Kahlkhoven.

F*CK Paul f*cking Gentilozzi.

F*CK all of the bastards in CART who destroyed open wheel racing in this country and chase all of our skilled drivers into tin top fender thingies.

This message brought to you by USAC, ISMA, MSA, AVSS, HOSS, NAMARS, Wolverine Outlaw Midget Series, SCRA, and every other open wheel series in America that has been hamstringed by Gentilozzi and Kahlkhoven's egos.

I really like the champ cars there is always good racing. My take has always been that it was Tony George and the IRL that destroyed open wheel racing in the US.

Comment

Can someone explain to me how open wheel racing went downhill. I used to watch CART and Indycar races when I was younger but now I'm just lost with what happend to them. Thanks.

Comment

Okay, Indy was king because of a wonderful organization called USAC (that still exists today). USAC guided the 500 (and the so called "big track cars") through the Offenhauser wars and the rear engine transition, all the way up to the days when the team owners in the early 80's felt that USAC was too regional (read, midwestern) in its thinking and wasn't giving them a fair enough share of the profts.

So, the team owners founded "Championship Auto Racing Teams" and because USAC didn't have the werewithal to keep the radically expensive world of Indy cars under their wing after losing the big budget teams, CART became the only game in town and enjoyed a solid decade of riding on USAC's blood, sweat, and tears as they tried desperately to become Formula One #2.

Bunch of f*cktards.

Around the same time as Jacques Villeneuve won his Indy 500, the big names from the USAC days were retiring. Mario Andretti, A.J. Foyt, Bobby Rahal, Gordon Johncock, Tom Sneva, Al Unser, and so on all went into retirement, and with them went the fanbase who'd worshipped at Indy's altar.

Then CART failed to advance potential stars. The Toyota Atlantic feeder series stalled as drivers like A.J Allemendinger, Michael Valiante, Scott Speed, and so on never got rides in CART. CART's stars became F1 toss-offs (as much as I love Alex Zanardi as a person and respect him as a driver, take a good look at his F1 career).

All of this, coupled with the late 80's recession, Japanese manufacturer domination (Honda and Toyota did their typical pissing match and left, and at the time Mercedes-Benz wasn't willing to commit the cash to compete), and NASCAR's ability to connect with the fanbase with personable, down-to-earth, regular joe drivers (a lot like the USAC ones CART abandoned in their ego quest) made sure that open wheel was on its way down.

What the IRL did was akin to a badger in a trap gnawing its leg off. The Indy Racing League was founded by people who recognized that it was USAC that drove Indy to prominence, but unfortunately they were unwilling to reconnect with the short track roots of the motorsport. When Tony George made all his hullabaloo about "The New American Open Wheel Series" he was flat out lying to the open wheel fans, team owners, and drivers whom he was hoping would stop flocking to the one series that was welcoming their talents, enthusiasm, and dollars......

NASCAR.

You see, NASCAR never really wanted northern open wheel drivers out of the USAC (and other like series) ranks. After getting fully embarassed by former Indy 500 rookie of the year Timmy Richmond in his brief time with Hendricks Motorsports (and after burying Tim's record as NASCAR's winningest rookie under a false failed drug test and FURTHER burying him because of his death from AIDS) NASCAR wanted no part of Yankees in stock cars, and Yankees - who had the 500 anyways - really wanted no part of NASCAR.

However, when a likable, bright eyed, 19 year old Indiana boy won USAC's National Midget series in 1990, and then came back the next year and won the Silver Crown, and still was passed over for an Indy ride by the likes of Teo Fabi and Hiro Matsushita, it proved that the drivers who grew up in the shadow of Indianapolis no longer had a place at the Brickyard in Indy cars. The boy had to make a living racing, and so he went where he could make a living.

He was signed in 1992 to race Busch Grand National cars with Bill Davis, and then Rick Hendrick, remembering the success he'd had with Tim Richmond, signed him to a Winston Cup deal.

Jeff Gordon has never looked back, and Indy Car racing's fate was sealed.

Comment

Why cant racing not be about politics and just about racing drivers going all out with talent??? The recent F1 FIAsco was enough for me to just get pissed! All that stuff about politics you could say is essential to racing but when it starts making the headlines instead of the drivers or the teams, than you know something is wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X