Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1 Street Legal Report

http://www.d1gp.co.jp/specialreports5_2005.html

looks important but I can't read it. can someone that reads japanese please explain the jist of the article?

- must have legal road-going documents

- no tubbed fenders/one-off metal body components

- no carbon / beamless door replacements

- no airjacks

- no custom / standalone relay/ fuse switchboxes

- brakes must stay stock dimensions; no swaps from other models of same make or not

- no sequential gearboxes

- no motorswaps from other model into other model, same make or not

- no fuel cells

- no plexiglass window inserts and replacements allowed

- no complete dash replacement parts

- must retain OEM amenities (ac/navigation/heater)
    Last edited by my 1 88 u; 07-13-2005, 05:40 PM.

Wow thats insane! Maybe it has something to do w/ D1 cars needing to be streetable and many of the mods common on D1 cars nowadays are NOT street legal. Just a thought......

Comment

That is exactly what the article is about.

No Sequiential Trannys, Lexan, Carbon fiber dashes, other parts on cars (ie nissan on a subaru), motor swaps, light weight door panels, etc......Not a street car.
      Last edited by RyanHampton; 07-13-2005, 07:50 PM.
      Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

what are they gonna do about it?

Comment

Wow, if they do that, it will be cool to see what tuners will do to the cars! I guess it is getting to a point cars are insanely modified and getting a little dull to the spectators. The proposed rule change appears to be a way to spice things up. The spirit of drifting originates from the streets and it makes sense to make the competing cars more "streetable".

I don't necessary support all the proposed rule changes though. It looks like some of them are a bit harsh and take away coolness of the cars. Engine swaps should still be allowed since that's part of the art of building cars and add character to the cars. There are tons of cars on the streets that have engine swaps.

However, banning sequential tranny and reinforcement chassis welding are two that I support because that is not something you see on the streets too often.

Anybody out there who can understand what exactly the article is about, please enlighten us.
          Last edited by Hubert Young; 07-13-2005, 03:52 PM.
          Hubert Young
          KORE 8 Films

Comment

http://www.d1gp.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=15

There is a shortened version of the D1gp rules. I found a full version somewhere else online. It said the car must have a current tag, street legal etc etc. Factory dash, catalytic converter, OEM door and structural support. Not certain what all the oterh stuff is cus I cant read Japaneese

Comment

Why would they try and get rid of Lexan!?!?!?!Maybe they want to clean up thousands of shards of glass...fools

Comment

- must have legal road-going documents

- no tubbed fenders/one-off metal body components

- no carbon / beamless door replacements

- no airjacks

- no custom / standalone relay/ fuse switchboxes

- brakes must stay stock dimensions; no swaps from other models of same make or not

- no sequential gearboxes

- no motorswaps from other model into other model, same make or not

- no fuel cells

- no plexiglass window inserts and replacements allowed

- no complete dash replacement parts

- must retain OEM amenities (ac/navigation/heater)

thanks coiloverkid

Comment

their making a new D1 class under the original so more people are able to compete in D1 without a bigname sponsor, so there soon gonna be not one, but TWO D1 leagues so there's gonna be the orignial D1 and the street legal D1. Its set to start in august
                  although i like pretty much all the changes for the new D1 class, i agree w/Hubert Young on the engine swap rule. well, maybe this way, we'll finally get to see some RB20s competing.....or we just wont see any R32s, C33, or A31s(since RB20s are considered by many as crap like how stateside drifters see KAs)
                  Last edited by Oki Drifter; 07-13-2005, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Someone done a proper translation. Kudos to you.

Comment

i think this isa plus in a sense due to the fact that now as stated earlier there are two leagues meaning that much more of a chance to becoming a top contender in someways its turning into baseball you start at the bottom and make your way up. which is nice because it will source out the super talented vs the person who just wants to compete but stay more true to drifting(meaning no big sponsorships) i for one am down to run with this more track time! plus more events plus they are going to be bigger and better i for one TOTALLY support this

Comment

If you ask me, if they trully are starting a street class, that will be very hard to regulate...

What coilovers are allowed?
                        how much roll cage?
                        Sway bars?
                        I would tend to agree with the rules about motor swaps, but what about turbocharging? Is that allowed? It seems like what will happen eventually is everyone will end up with a spec car ie 350Z, 240SX....

It sounds a lot like the showroom stock racing I used to do. There will be one platform that will work, and everyone will end up driving that car, and then people will get real creative with bending the rules.....

So in some instances it is good to separate the classes to allow the privateer a chance to shine. Maybe we should look at that over here in the US soon.

Just my experience
                        Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

I think they should have as class they do currently(almost like an unresrticted), and then lower more strict classes beneath. What about a MR class???

Comment

Originally posted by RyanHampton
                            If you ask me, if they trully are starting a street class, that will be very hard to regulate...

What coilovers are allowed?
                            how much roll cage?
                            Sway bars?
                            I would tend to agree with the rules about motor swaps, but what about turbocharging? Is that allowed? It seems like what will happen eventually is everyone will end up with a spec car ie 350Z, 240SX....

It sounds a lot like the showroom stock racing I used to do. There will be one platform that will work, and everyone will end up driving that car, and then people will get real creative with bending the rules.....
                            Yup, getting creative in bending the rules would take a lot of cash and it would end up costing as much to have a competitive car in that class.
                            Hubert Young
                            KORE 8 Films

Comment

No air jacks? I mean, i dont have them, i dont know anyone who does, but why does it matter about how you lift your car to work on it? It doesn't make your drifting any better. Just something that was bothering me.

Comment

Working...
                              X