ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHAMP CAR; FD Drifting Demo (SAN JOSE July 29-31)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHAMP CAR; FD Drifting Demo (SAN JOSE July 29-31)

Drifting, the wildest new spectacle in motorsport, slides into San Jose this weekend (July 29-31) to help the 750-horsepower turbocharged Champ Cars convert downtown San Jose into a screaming haven of speed and competition during the inaugural Taylor Woodrow Grand Prix of San Jose. As the sixth and final drifting exhibition of the 2005 Champ Car season, Formula D will be closing its first ultra-successful year of partnership with the Champ Car World Series by bringing a dozen of its very best competitors and cars to put on a slide show San Jose and California's Bay Area will not soon forget!

"San Jose is one of the epicenters of the sport compact and youth automotive culture," said Formula Drift principal Ryan Sage. "We are honored to be a part of the first-ever Taylor Woodrow Grand Prix of San Jose, an event that will assuredly be a huge success, and our drivers and sponsors are thrilled with the opportunity to close this great year we've had with Champ Car in this market and on the streets of California." Formula D's top professional drifters - Ken Gushi, Alex Pfeiffer, Calvin Wan, Dai Yoshihara, Ernie Fixmer, Andy Yen, Tyler McQuarrie, Hubert Young, Casper Canul, Conrad Grunewald, Taka Aono, and Hiro Sumida - will drift the entire 11-turn San Jose street circuit all three days of the event. Also taking to the streets for Champ Car's inaugural Taylor Woodrow Grand Prix of San Jose is the Toyota Atlantic Championship Series, Trans-Am, Historic Stock Car Racing Series, and the United States Touring Car Championship. For tickets visit www.sanjosegrandprix.com or call 408/998-TIXS, 415/421-TIXS, or 510/625-TIXS www.sanjosegrandprix.com www.formulad.com www.champcar.ws

Outstanding. Time to make some phone calls and see who wants to go drinking!

Byron

Comment

Will most definitely be a good show rivaling that of the infamous LBGP!

Come out and meet your favorite drifters and have some fun!
      The CART race will be a good time too!!!!

Comment

Yes! There's nothing like attending two drifting events in a month. LOL.

"Ken Gushi, Alex Pfeiffer, Calvin Wan, Dai Yoshihara, Ernie Fixmer, Andy Yen, Tyler McQuarrie, Hubert Young, Casper Canul, Conrad Grunewald, Taka Aono, and Hiro Sumida - will drift the entire 11-turn San Jose street circuit all three days of the event."

Wow the whole course!? Wow..I'll be there. Are you J-Rod going to be there?

Comment

I'll be there yelling at the top of my lungs!

You know what's rad about the Champ Car demo's are the people that haven't seen drifting before ripping their hair out!!!
          It's rad!

San Ho needs to Send It!

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous
            I'll be there yelling at the top of my lungs!

You know what's rad about the Champ Car demo's are the people that haven't seen drifting before ripping their hair out!!!
            It's rad!

San Ho needs to Send It!
            San Ho my home town (sort of, after Hong Kong)... used to work downtown at one of the big sponsors at this event, Knight Ridder. It will be funny if my old boss sees me drifting at the GP because we had a talk about drifting affecting my work performance when I was working there...

Yes, San Ho needs to Send it!!
            Hubert Young
            KORE 8 Films

Comment

That's it. We're all going drinking!

Grab the rest of the FD guys and lets take over one of the bars downtown. Drunken stupidity and racing. It doesn't get any better

Byron

Comment

Ive got a seat in the grandstands coming out of turn 2 and directly across from turn 4 for all three days. Put on a good show, guys! Looks like its gonna be a great weekend

Watch out for them stupid train tracks though
                Last edited by awddrifter; 07-28-2005, 12:08 PM.

Comment

we went to pick up our credentials today, and the people in the credential room were like "so, what is this drifting stuff?"

we told them about it and they were like "wow, that sounds cool! we'll have to check it out!"

I'll be there all 3 days

Comment

time to tease...
                    Attached Files

Comment

and a few more...
                      Attached Files

Comment

wow, looks tight..is Calvin driving his FD? or what?

Comment

Originally posted by 350zFan
                          wow, looks tight..is Calvin driving his FD? or what?
                          yup!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

damn got any pics of calvin? i wanna see his FD in action! I saw it at the auto show last year..sweet car

Comment

looking at the pictures i was guessing calvin was in henry's white s13?

also what happened to dai's bumper?

Comment

Working...
                              X