X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 350Z or RX-8??

A guy I work with asked me which one he should buy and I gave him my $.02
    Now please give yours........

He is going to be drifting the car at Drift days and other events when possible as well as daily driving the car. What car is going to be more reliable, drift better and which one would you all pick/not pick and why??

id personally go for the Z but only becasue it has a larger aftermarket list. if the rx8 had more aftermarket parts id probally go with that but id go with the z. but the rx8 does handle better than the z if i rember so...yeah. get a z and drop a rb or sr in it.

Comment

350z, do great even stock. actaully, he should get hte base model, then with the money saved get the nismo lsd...

Comment

id personally go for the Z but only becasue it has a larger aftermarket list. if the rx8 had more aftermarket parts id probally go with that but id go with the z. but the rx8 does handle better than the z if i rember so...yeah. get a z and drop a rb or sr in it.
        your retarded. the rb and the sr in this car is a step backwards. the only reason any pro guys did it in the past is because their, and everyones elses, lack of experiece with the vq, and the lack of an aftermarket.

anyways, the person before me has the correct idea. get a stock z, base model, and drop the nismo lsd in it. they make awesome drift cars basically stock. as an only vehicle beware that they don't really have any room for spare wheels and tires for events, you can fit about 2 extra in there. with a 240 hatch, or something with more space, you can fit 6 extra tires back there. this only becomes a big deal when hitting drift events constantly, and burning off alot of practice rubber.

the rx8 would be a difficult car to drift as it has very little tq. kinda a pointless car for drifting. it isn't a bad car, just not a great base to start with when you can get a z, gto, g35, new mustang, ect.

Comment

good feedback guys, keep it comin!

Comment

Originally posted by aaronlosey
            your retarded. the rb and the sr in this car is a step backwards. the only reason any pro guys did it in the past is because their, and everyones elses, lack of experiece with the vq, and the lack of an aftermarket.

anyways, the person before me has the correct idea. get a stock z, base model, and drop the nismo lsd in it. they make awesome drift cars basically stock. as an only vehicle beware that they don't really have any room for spare wheels and tires for events, you can fit about 2 extra in there. with a 240 hatch, or something with more space, you can fit 6 extra tires back there. this only becomes a big deal when hitting drift events constantly, and burning off alot of practice rubber.

the rx8 would be a difficult car to drift as it has very little tq. kinda a pointless car for drifting. it isn't a bad car, just not a great base to start with when you can get a z, gto, g35, new mustang, ect.
            well wtf u dont need to call names *Censored**Censored**Censored*. besides not everyone has an rb or sr swap in their z so itd be pretty badass to have one though.

Comment

why do a swap when you can procharge IT

I'd get the RX-8 just to be different

Comment

you can get the 8 for uniquness and if you got the spare cash, get a bolt-on turbine kit for it.....but it'll kinda hard to go over or even close to 300ps with a 8 A Z on the other hand's got big aftermarket support so its kinda like the silvia of the "new base car for drifting group" meaning as time goes on and silvias become classic cars like the 86's before it, chances are we'll be see lots and lots of riced out Zs if not now

Comment

rx-8 if you wanna swap out the entire steering system

Comment

well wtf u dont need to call names *Censored**Censored**Censored*. besides not everyone has an rb or sr swap in their z so itd be pretty badass to have one though.
                    jeez, you still don't get it. they aren't better motors, they are a step backwards for drifting in a z, you just want to be super jdm. i have an rb that puts out considerable power in a car thats just over 3000lbs, and its pretty cool, but for drifting, a turboed vq would demolish an rb or an sr in a 350z. calvin wan's car, although hardly comparable to a normal vq, has such a better powerband than an sr or rb with the same output. its called technology (and mostly, displacement), and it moves forward.

the stock vq motor is such a great base car to learn drifting off of. not many cars can drift in 3rd gear, stock. the rx8 would have a very hard time doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronlosey
                      jeez, you still don't get it. they aren't better motors, they are a step backwards for drifting in a z, you just want to be super jdm. i have an rb that puts out considerable power in a car thats just over 3000lbs, and its pretty cool, but for drifting, a turboed vq would demolish an rb or an sr in a 350z. calvin wan's car, although hardly comparable to a normal vq, has such a better powerband than an sr or rb with the same output. its called technology (and mostly, displacement), and it moves forward.

the stock vq motor is such a great base car to learn drifting off of. not many cars can drift in 3rd gear, stock. the rx8 would have a very hard time doing this.
                      I know calvin is running the VQ, what is he running a supercharger or a Turbo? I saw the car at D1 in Feb. but I never got to see under the hood.

Comment

I would say definatly the Z, I own 1 so im kinda partial, but i have driven both on the road and the track and the Z definatly feels heavier and feels like a bigger car, but to me that makes it an easier car to drift, more predictable and the fact you get 200+ tourqe at 3000rpm is definatly a plus. Aftermarket rocks to!!

Comment

i dont know his name, but i see him at alot of events, its some guy, kindy ratty looking lol, that drives a bone stock 350z except for roll cage and a exhaust.... thats it. went through like 4 motors i heard (wich im not sure if i beleive) under nissan warrente lol. he is really good and the car looks good too. so the 350 is a very good drift car, even stock. i think he uses the stock vlsd as well.

Comment

my dad has a RX8, and i can say from experience that you can drift that thing bone stock. it just takes some high entry speed and feinting while braking then getting on the gas and holding it through the turn. just getting on the gas out of the turn alone with get that thing sliding. The first time i drifted it i was just driving fast through the hills and i took a turn a little to fast, so under braking the rear started to go out on me. i just smoothly got on the gas and countersteered and held it through the turn. its a good base for a drift car, and it should be more popular. i think the drifting comunity in general has a nissan bias, so most people choose the Z over it. I say get the RX8 and don't just hop on the bandwagon.

Comment

Originally posted by SidewayzRacer
                              I know calvin is running the VQ, what is he running a supercharger or a Turbo? I saw the car at D1 in Feb. but I never got to see under the hood.
                              heres a pic of his engine bay.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X