350Z or RX-8??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hatebbobbarker
    besdies its not that were sheep, its that the rx8 is dissapointing, at least to me, i was hoping for something along the lines fo the FD and got a rwd rsx instead

how is it more like a rsx than a fd?? i dont see what you mean by that at all. and N/A fds had alot less power than the RX8 has. turbocharge a RX8 and you'll have a awesome drifting engine. The rx8 has better balance than an fd too.

Comment

but they have a wierd steering thing kinda like the S2000

Comment

Originally posted by J-BloodAE86
        how is it more like a rsx than a fd?? i dont see what you mean by that at all. and N/A fds had alot less power than the RX8 has. turbocharge a RX8 and you'll have a awesome drifting engine. The rx8 has better balance than an fd too.
        NA FD's??????? I beleive your mistaken

Comment

I think he means if you took the turbos off of the FD.......

Comment

Originally posted by driftersil80
            I think he means if you took the turbos off of the FD.......

yea i mean comparing the engines if the fd wasnt turbo. the rx8 makes as much power n/a as the fd does twin turbo.

Comment

Does anyone have any experience with the RX-8? Like pros and cons, what you like/ dislike about the way it drifts etc. What models of the RX-8 came with an LSD??

I know the base Z doesnt have an LSD in it, just wondering if the RX-8's are similar?

Comment

Hate BobBarker-

What did you think of putting in that Nismo diff? Was it a pain in the *Censored**Censored**Censored*? did you do it yourself? Ive put several diffs in my 240's, im just thinking about what its going to cost me to put a diff in the Z, if I get one. I can get cost at a local Nissan dealer because I work at Nike so I was thinking of going the same route you went, get the base Z and build up!

Thanks,
                Sidewayz

Comment

Originally posted by SidewayzRacer
                  Does anyone have any experience with the RX-8? Like pros and cons, what you like/ dislike about the way it drifts etc. What models of the RX-8 came with an LSD??

I know the base Z doesnt have an LSD in it, just wondering if the RX-8's are similar?
                  i all 8s have lsds, but i'm not 100% sure. its very well balanced and its easy to control angle with throttle. you need high entry speeds to make up for the lack of torque. i would run equal or close to equally sized tires front and back, stock setup is a little too rear-grip biased. biggest downside is torque, it needs some more down low unless you get good at keeping the rpms up, which isnt even that hard since it likes to rev. My GTI VR6 has alot more torque though, doing burnouts with grippy 225 tires the GTI will spin those all day, but burnouts with the RX8 and 235 stock tires it will spin for a little bit then connect and launch. It doesnt make a huge difference drifting though, i just keep the engine spinning and the revs up and there is more than enough power, you just need to think about the powerband while entering a corner. for example to drift entering a turn that i could take in 3rd, i'll take it in 2nd a little slower and use the extra power to spin the tires. its a good car.

Comment

I watched that video of Alex drifting that RX-8. What a POS!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SidewayzRacer
                      Hate BobBarker-

What did you think of putting in that Nismo diff? Was it a pain in the *Censored**Censored**Censored*? did you do it yourself? Ive put several diffs in my 240's, im just thinking about what its going to cost me to put a diff in the Z, if I get one. I can get cost at a local Nissan dealer because I work at Nike so I was thinking of going the same route you went, get the base Z and build up!

Thanks,
                      Sidewayz
                      i didnt do it myself, i had a shop out here do it, im not equipped to do a true swap. place charged 300 you can probably get it done for a little cheaper, depening on the places in your area.i had them set it to 2 way adn 60% at first.
                      the actual differential isnt too expensive from nissan/nismo

Comment

What did you pay for the diff?? I found the Nismo for $950, it sounds good to me because I payed $800 for my kazz diff in my S14.

Comment

saying an rx7fd and an rx8 have the same amount of power isn't really true. the fd makes more tq, way lower, and is quite a bit quicker. plus, since its lower compression and has turbos on it, upping the boost creates more hp. you will be hard pressed to extract hp from the rx8 without big changes and lots of money. rx8 is a lame drift car.

350z>rx8

oh, and to the person who said the rx8 made more power than the fd if you took of the turbos, no kidding! the rx7 is a low compression turbo motor! the rx8 is a high compression n/a motor. brilliant deduction holmes.

Comment

ahha the above post was funny and hes right. I could take turbos out of a porsche 911 turbo and I would have more power than a porsche but then it wouldnt be a porsche 911 would it? The 8 was redesigned by ford(yes ford) to add the extra door for a more family friendly sporty car. It is no where close to the old fd. the rx-8 is slower, handles more luxuriously than sporty to me, and is just not as fun to drive as a Z. Now it is a cummfy car. And I do love the rev for days feel. The rx-8 is a decent daily driver, but for a half race half daily driver, I would go with the 350z. Looks way better IMO too.

Comment

I'm a HUGE rotary supporter, but I have to agree that the 350Z would be a better and more reliable choice for what this guy is looking for. And to all that says the RX-8 is a disappointment when compared to the FD, that's not a surprise at all. The 8 wasn't supposed to be the next gen 7. It was meant to be something different all together. It's just that there are so few rotary vehicles that everyone thinks if it has a rotary then it's supposed to be an RX-7. This is sooooo not true. If you want to see the new 7 just wait another year or two. Mazda already did a press release about it. That will be a good platform for drifting. And it will be much easier to compare against the 350Z. Though I hate to say it, compared to the 350Z, the RX-8 is simply out classed.

Comment

Originally posted by s13/350z
                                ahha the above post was funny and hes right. I could take turbos out of a porsche 911 turbo and I would have more power than a porsche but then it wouldnt be a porsche 911 would it? The 8 was redesigned by ford(yes ford) to add the extra door for a more family friendly sporty car. It is no where close to the old fd. the rx-8 is slower, handles more luxuriously than sporty to me, and is just not as fun to drive as a Z. Now it is a cummfy car. And I do love the rev for days feel. The rx-8 is a decent daily driver, but for a half race half daily driver, I would go with the 350z. Looks way better IMO too.
                                your info is wrong, since day 2 the rx8 has been a four door, ford owns mazda, and killed the rotary and the us (understandbly due to poor sales) but did not add 2 more doors onto the car.

Comment

Working...
                                X