Anyone import S15's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone import S15's?

Have any companies started importing S15's over? I heard some company called JDM Evolution is doing it, but they're notr even officially open the last time I checked. I was just wondering cuz I saw a white one just sitting in an used car lot in Alhambra

I thought Motorex was supposed to be doing that relatively soon. But, I'm sure you need to be making some bling to afford one of their S15s.

Comment

You can try emailing these guys

FuelImports@aol.com they might be able to help you.

Comment

i heard some people of talking aobut registering them as a race only vehicle...so depends if u get type-s or r...the price would be around 20,000 USD...i would get one here in japan if:
        1) i had the money
        2)....well number 1 explains it

Comment

motorex does but it would cost you a leg and a arm and two ears

Comment

i dont understand why ppl would want to import an S15, its not like it would do anything that the S13 or S14 wouldnt.

Comment

The car is beautiful, and you'd have something most people in the states dont have. I dunno if I'd drift it though...

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon X
                The car is beautiful, and you'd have something most people in the states dont have. I dunno if I'd drift it though...

Comment

Originally posted by Drifting_turtle
                  i dont understand why ppl would want to import an S15, its not like it would do anything that the S13 or S14 wouldnt.
                  it goes faster? it looks better? its pimpish?

Comment

i think you can through grey market

Comment

Register is as a race/show vehicle and hope you don't get pulled over. The only downside is that the girls will all think it's a Grand Am, then again, maybe the po po will too.

Comment

they do look similar...

Comment

S15 > Grand Am

Comment

Have someone in Japan take the motor/tranny out, take the fenders, wheels and interior out/off of the car and ship it over in a container. Put it back together and register it as a kit car. I talked to Zerolift, thats how they'd do it and its legally sound.

You don't have to do those exact things, you just need to have the car 50% dismantaled for it to classify as a kit car and you can meet dot regulations for a kit car Something along those lines.

When you get it into the states you can either register it as a kit car and leave it that way or send it off to get legalized for $5000. I forget the name of the guy that does it but I should be able to find it.

Comment

To the post above .... we can get you the car, but DO NOT in no way shape or form legalize any cars of any type, just to clear some things up. We can however get you an engine...we specialize in Nissan, Honda etc.. performance engines...

Thanks,
                              Zerolift Autolab Staff
                              http://www.zerolift.com

Comment

Working...
                              X