saveing for a s-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saveing for a s-14

hi! i have been reading these forums for a while and have learned a lot!so this is my first post, anyhoo...

i get my licence in a year and i am planing to buy a 240sx, but need some advice. i don't have a lot of money but i need something that will last and wont break down, so should i get a s-13 or a 100,000 mile s-14, and what mods i should get for drifting.

1st mods should always be suspension mods.

240sx's are great cars, look around, sometimes you'll find good cars with low miles for a good price. As for between the 89-93 240, and the 95-98, its up to personal preference. A 95-98 would mean higher insurance rates than a 89-93. (since you dont have alot of money, take this into consideration)

Comment

should iget coil over, sway bar, etc.. first
      which

Comment

yea go suspension first, dont just add all these power adding aftermarket parts. the last thing you want to do is have a bunch of power and no suspension mods to go drifting, it just dont mix

Comment

Oh good, another green horn looking for a 240 without any real experience...fantastic. Should I get to work on the tombstone for that car now or what?

Comment

i whant my tombstone in granet

Comment

Re: saveing for a s-14

Originally posted by zdss14
              hi! i have been reading these forums for a while and have learned a lot!so this is my first post, anyhoo...

i get my licence in a year and i am planing to buy a 240sx, but need some advice. i don't have a lot of money but i need something that will last and wont break down, so should i get a s-13 or a 100,000 mile s-14, and what mods i should get for drifting.
              Seeing that your ganna get a car with high miles, before you mod, do a basic tuneup on the car. (Ie: Change fluids, spark plugs, etc) Also, I suggest to not start drifting untill you get some driving experience under your belt.

Comment

s14 then keep the motor till it blows. a new ka swap is under 500

Comment

I'm in the same situation. I'm quite inexperienced. I had wanted an S14, but, it really makes sense to go with an S13. Here are some reasons:

1. Initial cost: during much of the time in which you'd be saving for the S14, you can have your S13 and be practicing.

2. easier, cheaper, to fix in the event of a crash. (and you will crash)

3. High level of parts availibility.

I figure I'll get an S13 coupe ( I want to go Silvia front end when I smash the stock one up). Fix everythig that's broken, replace everything that's worn out. I'll get some used JDM coilovers, which can be had for quite good prices for quality parts. Get an LSD on there, and a couple racing buckets, and you're set. (In my mind, seats are very important. Number one, they provide crash safety. But the real dealmaker is that they hold you in position, allowing you to focus on driving instead of preventing yourself from flying around the cockpit). That wil make a pretty good beginning drift machine.

Comment

Working...
                  X