No announcement yet.

FORMULA D at CHAMP CAR (Feedback)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the thing I remember most about long beach, is that all day, the biggest cheer from the crowd came when the celebs driving in the pro-am were introduced....

until NOB and Rhys came flying by. lol.

there was this air of "wtf is this J-rod guy babbling about?" until the cars actually got to that section of the track- then it was all gasps and screams and cheers. that continued for about 30 minutes.

best idea in american drifting ever.

Comment

champ car

Yeah Man! Doing Champ Car Demos is such an awesome opportunity not just me as a driver but for all those Champ Car fans that have never seen drifting before. These fans are truly excited and I'm just really really humbled and honored to be given the chance to put on a show and give these fans something to cheer about.

I had people telling me they came to the event just to watch drifting.
      I had people asking me all about drifting and how i got started. From ol' folks to little kids dropping by to see all the drivers and our cars was so cool.

I must say that being given the chance to drive on the same track as Paul Tracy, Sebastian Bourdais, Mario Dominguez is an awesome feeling. Just imagine a whole track made just for drivers to go as fast as they can...gripping.........then.......Us Drifters... come out and for 20-30minutes tear up the whole track going sideways.....EVERYWHERE!!!
      Doing sick fast entries into tight 90 degree turns...Scaring the crap out of corner workers cuz we get too close to the walls.....waving at the fans as we do doughnuts and doing long long burnouts......Its a free for all!!!! It's crazy.... I never want to come off the track....I don't car if my car is overheating or my tires are too hot n slippery.....The fans love it and that just pumps us up even more.....

Then after everything is over....and we pull of the track.....the fans are just amazed. They don't know what to say at times. Sometimes we get some drunks raving about how fun it was to watch. For those 20-30 minutes I feel like i just won the Grand Prix itself......which I have in my own special way....because I just drifted and shared the same track as the Champ Car drivers...and to be able to sit at a bar....look up at the TV as the Grand Prix is going on.....and as i'm sipping my beer i see all of our drift marks all over the track.....it's quite very special to me.......Cheers!
      casper@monstorfabrication.com www.monstorfabrication.com

Comment

Originally posted by Monstor S14
        Yeah Man! Doing Champ Car Demos is such an awesome opportunity not just me as a driver but for all those Champ Car fans that have never seen drifting before. These fans are truly excited and I'm just really really humbled and honored to be given the chance to put on a show and give these fans something to cheer about.

I had people asking me all about drifting and how i got started. From ol' folks to little kids dropping by to see all the drivers and our cars was so cool.

I must say that being given the chance to drive on the same track as Paul Tracy, Sebastian Bourdais, Mario Dominguez is an awesome feeling. Just imagine a whole track made just for drivers to go as fast as they can...gripping.........then.......Us Drifters... come out and for 20-30minutes tear up the whole track going sideways.....EVERYWHERE!!!
        Doing sick fast entries into tight 90 degree turns...Scaring the crap out of corner workers cuz we get too close to the walls.....waving at the fans as we do doughnuts and doing long long burnouts......Its a free for all!!!! It's crazy.... I never want to come off the track....I don't car if my car is overheating or my tires are too hot n slippery.....The fans love it and that just pumps us up even more.....

Then after everything is over....and we pull of the track.....the fans are just amazed. They don't know what to say at times. Sometimes we get some drunks raving about how fun it was to watch. For those 20-30 minutes I feel like i just won the Grand Prix itself......which I have in my own special way....because I just drifted and shared the same track as the Champ Car drivers...and to be able to sit at a bar....look up at the TV as the Grand Prix is going on.....and as i'm sipping my beer i see all of our drift marks all over the track.....it's quite very special to me.......Cheers!

WELL SAID!

Comment

Originally posted by Monstor S14

Very well said indeed.

Comment

Working...
          X