• ae86 or s13

which is a betterall around car stock

ae86 or s13

tell me why u think so
    ae86
    35.71%
    s13
    64.29%

Both cars have their own strengths and weaknesses. Neither car can be called "better" than the other.

Comment

dude whyd u post this twice? shin kudou is right but like the rx7, the hachi needs to be well maintained and most likely need an engine swap if it doesnt already have one..and sr20det is reliable and is relatively new compared to the hachis 4-ag or whatever...you gotta specify what year of the car and ur purpose on using the car...

Comment

the car is nothing without a driver

Comment

you would usually see s13 at better condition than an ae86 stock.

Comment

retarded thread...

Comment

Re: ae86 or s13

Originally posted by ae86er
              which is a betterall around car stock

ae86 or s13

tell me why u think so
              Stock, s13 for sure.

Comment

S13, mostly cuz my brother and his friend both have one. They're pretty fast, light, affordable, and have alot of aftermarket parts.

Comment

wait is this thread comparing two cars built about 10 years apart from each other.

Comment

But both cars are very comparible to each other and competitive. In the drifitng and Gripping they have there titles and have done well for being 6 years apart (91 S13 is what i own). I would own either one i like both so much i will be owning both one of these days.

Comment

Originally posted by demisaturn2000
                      wait is this thread comparing two cars built about 10 years apart from each other.
                      -
                      =
                      8 years

im good at maff

Comment

S13 has more power
                        (155 vs 116)
                        ae86 typically come with LSD stock where 240 is harder to find
                        86 LSD is better IMO than the viscous lsd in a 240
                        240 is IRS and has more suspension options available
                        i think the s13 chassis can handle ALOT more power.

i've owned a sr5 and i have a 1991 s13. both are great cars in their own rights, naturally i love the s13 more than the shitty sr5 but still. both cars are VERY good. and for a begginning drifter the better stock car would be probobly the 86, but if you plan to do anything to it or you just don't like low HP cars then get the S13

Comment

^ atleast a few people have the balls to disagree instead of just following what other people say...congradulations

Comment

i would also like to add
                            the ae86 is sort of a "bare bones" interior. it feels VERY cheap. however i think it would be ok if the interior was gutted with a racing seat. the s13 however has a much more elegant interior. and that probobly adds some weight.... but its MUCH more comfortable. i could go on and on about the GTS and its 7200 rpm redline and smooth powerband. but it doesn't come close to the HP and torque that the ka24de has. mine has a 7K redline but i hit the rev limiter around 6900-7000 it pulls VERY nice. my LSD feels like its going out, but i believe it to be the stock unit with around 145K on it. if the car is going to be a daily driver/drifter then i'd really reccomend the S13 esp if you're going to keep your seats in it and stuff. the corolla isn't as comfortable and doesn't have nearly as nice of an interior.
                            if i were you, i would buy an S13 and put a nice LSD and good spring shock combo. the stock power feels very nice. the car pulls really well, its not as fast as my previous car, a Chrysler Conquest TSi (turbocharged about 100 more HP than the 240) but it has enough power to be fun and really light the tires into second.

Comment

Working...
                            X