The Ultimate Ae86....if i had the $$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate Ae86....if i had the $$

I just wanted to let ya'll in on something that's been buzzin around in my head. Lately I've been dreaming of a blown GTS coupe on carbs. I just wanna see what you guys would think of it.
    First, do the 20v swap, put on the blower from the 4a-gze, then make a manifold that allows you to set the carbs vertically instead of horizontally, and separate the front 2 carbs from the rear 2 a bit to clear the strut brace. Paint it up like starsharks coupe (i think it's his, the one with the cherry blossom rims) or in panda with red being the primary color instead of white. Then put on some tasteful side skirts, spoiler, black carbon-fiber hood, front lip and jdm fascias and lights. Then put the GTS-Twincam stickers on the side and trueno badges on the front and rear. It may sound silly but it will pay homage to both America and Japan. And finally thow on some old-school deep-dish mesh rims (like ones on racing cars from the 80s). Inside you'll find the Honda S2k tach and a full set of matching auto meter guages, plus racing seats and a short throw shifter, full roll cage with chassis stiffening (braces, etc) and a nice sound system (not one that'll add weight though). Also don't forget the coilovers and other drifting hardware.
    I may never build it but if anybody does then lemme know!!
    *crosses fingers and hope flamefest doesn't ensue*
    well guys whatdya think?

sounds like an awesome project to me, hope you got time and money thats what you'll need. good luck!

Comment

carbs+SC would be a bad idea. The 20v ITBs give the same response as carbs but more consistent fuel delivery. Since we're doing this kinda thread, mine would be.

My hatch with new paint, T3 everything, Tokico HTS, TRD 8.0front/6.0rear, combo of cusco urethane and TRD rubber bushings, 14x7 hoshino impul, steel lines, cusco 2 way, GP sports spec D exhaust, 16v high comp 264/272 and ITB for about 150HP. That would be perfect.

Comment

A 7-A Block

A 20V Head

Mukuni-Solex Side Draft Carbs

Or EFI with a GZE S.C.

Comment

GZE
          929 supercharger
          crower cams
          Haltec

Comment

ya carbs and supercharger is a bad idea, having to take it apart to change jets would be a bits...

mine would be trueno hatch, white with gunmetal gray bumpers, highcomp 20v, ported and polished, semi-wild camshafts, haltech ecu, TRD headers, RS*R GTCII exhaust, full REVOLVER supension parts, Cusco chassis stiffening and LSD, deep dish bronze 15 inch watanabes, J Blood front bumper and carbon fiber vented hood, red Bride racing seats, Personal steering wheel and shift knob, and a bandana tied around my steering column

Comment

Hmm... that sounds familer...

My dream AE86...

A Coupe, Painted Dark Gray with black moldings mirrors and rocker panels. A CF hood, and CF OEM-style spolier. GT-S rear end, with Cusco Two Way LSD. Front Coil over converison on Toicko HTS, with 5kg\mm and some TRD 6kg\mm springs in the rear, Battle Version Rear links, Blue Top, With Weber Side drafts.

I'm not a big power freak as you can see.

Actully... Thats my future plans on my car...except it might have a red top insted

Comment

Panda I like the way you think I do know that 220 hp is overkill for the 86, but i was just goin for a couple things: good performance and driveability out of a car with no electronics. 2 the look under the hood would be incredible, make the boys at american chopper go nuts. But if we were to be realistic and if i had access to electronic tuning, then I'd say blown, fuel injected 20v with stock parts. That way you have killer power, awesome look under the hood and driveability, but ya couldn't work on it with a wrench. The big thing is that no one has done a blown 20v yet. But I do admit that a 20v on the throttles sounds very awesome and makes more than enough power. The 4ag has a sound all it's own. Guess I'll stick with my drift'stang dream, but I'll always love the Hachiroku.

Comment

why do u guys want to do carbs??? so horrible. Just stick with efi ITB's. im pretty much happy with my car. Maybe new paint and that would be it. there is plenty of guys with turbo 20v. supercharged is cool but turbo takes the cake. i use to have a t3 turbo'd gze. plenty of power in my ae86. i got my blacktop 20v now and its perfect for the car.

Comment

Not everything on a car is about power, Alot of people me included like everything about the car, Sounds, Smell, Look and Feel. Which is why I personally like carbs...

Comment

have u ever had real carb'd or itb'd car to compare? tuning carbs suck. and the responce from carbs isnt very quick if not tuned rite. a efi itb kit will give the reponse, sound, look and feel you will really like.

Comment

i disagree, i have rode alot of bikes and some itb's and some carbs, i pesonally like carbs. if i were to build my dream ae86. i would start with a sr5 chassis, strip it clean, reinstall the front half of the interior pieces, a 4 point cage, and two bride seats. i would do the freshened up gze motor with 45mm khein fcr flatslides, a garrett t3t4 turbo and wastegate, a fmi, and custom exhaust. then a full j-blood kit including hood and sakura cherry blossom wheels. oh yea, and it would be yashio factory pink.

Comment

a gze with a turbo? you want to run a supercharger and a turbo?

Comment

Twin charged. Sounds interesting, also costly.. very prone to big explosions. Remember group b rally cars in the 80s? they were twin charged.. they also caught on fire alot..

Comment

Hmm...

newbie here.
                              hmmm... a panda ae86 with very white and clean paint, 3clear coats, f20c w/toda itb's, motec ecu, stack cluster, hytech header w/2.5" vision test pipe and custom straight pipe, koyo radiator w/dual fans, custom 14lbs drive shaft, cusco 2way lsd, 15" mag rims 7.5"front/8"rear, tein HA (dam no RS), custom rollcage, of course reinforcement is a must.

Man is that a dream or wat hahah lolz...
                              ive seen the f20 in one already and my friend is still workin on his. Can't for that bi*** to b done. *sigh* oh well my time will come.

-Danny

Comment

Working...
                              X