LIVE: FD Irwindale!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
    whats was the play by play of the finals?
    You can see the finals for yourself on G4 TV at 7:30pm on October 2nd!!

hehehe

1st run - chris is tailing Rhys, and fire is BILLOWING out the exhaust. Looks frikkin cool in the night sky! Both run nearly perfect lines, but Rhys is MILES ahead of Chris.
    2nd - Rhys is right on Chris's butt the whole way, but spins in the last turn. Negating any advantage he had.

long deliberation.... 1 more time!!

around the first turn, Rhys loses power and just drives through the course. WTF?! 2nd run, same thing. it's apparent that the car isn't running right. He indicates to J-rod that it's steering issues...

and that's all she wrote.

Comment

WOW!! Finally Chris wins!! I knew the first time i saw chris drive the s15 it was champ. and i knew "big smoke had it in him the whole time.

Go Bubba DRIFT!!!!!!! GTOWNED

Comment

Pics are up in the pics forum!

Comment

Congrats to Chris Forsberg Falken, DA and Rockford Fosgate for putting together a series of solid runs and finally getting the car dialed, better late than NEVER!

Also, congrats to all the teams, drivers and most of all the fans if it wasn't for YOU the fans FD wouldn't be what it is.

Let me say this as the Voice of Formula D I can't please evrybody and I just try to have fun next time if you have a problem with me come and say hello I'm down to earth and would love to hear your feedback!

Thanks again "House of Drift" for a great event and we even got you guys to do the wave!!!!

See you at NOPI at the RS-R Drift festival!!!!
          Also see you in 06!

Comment

J-Rod, I thought you did a good job, you spoke on the technical aspects all the while keeping most of us entertained.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Rod
              Congrats to Chris Forsberg Falken, DA and Rockford Fosgate for putting together a series of solid runs and finally getting the car dialed, better late than NEVER!

Also, congrats to all the teams, drivers and most of all the fans if it wasn't for YOU the fans FD wouldn't be what it is.

Let me say this as the Voice of Formula D I can't please evrybody and I just try to have fun next time if you have a problem with me come and say hello I'm down to earth and would love to hear your feedback!

Thanks again "House of Drift" for a great event and we even got you guys to do the wave!!!!

See you at NOPI at the RS-R Drift festival!!!!
              Also see you in 06!
              Dude you did great this year, mad props to you and the DA!!!!!!!!w000000000t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
                Best Buy sticker?
                Its a one time deal, but potential sponsor for next year. Its under negotiation.

Takas crash:

Matt "Back" Vass, Enjuku Car:
                Last edited by up-speed; 08-28-2005, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
                  1st run - chris is tailing Rhys, and fire is BILLOWING out the exhaust. Looks frikkin cool in the night sky! Both run nearly perfect lines, but Rhys is MILES ahead of Chris.
                  2nd - Rhys is right on Chris's butt the whole way, but spins in the last turn. Negating any advantage he had.
                  Chris Started his drift 4 days before Ryhs, with more angle. When Ryhs was following, he was straight through 3/4 of the bank and kicked it out at the very end. Of course he's gonna be close.

Look at the gap close from Rhys and Chris on the first run. Maybe Chris should have done the "no angle catch-up" to be right on Rhys the whole time, but he chose not to. IMO it just made Ryhs look like Team Serious, drag racing away from a car that's already drifting...

Comment

Originally posted by _PG_
                    Chris Started his drift 4 days before Ryhs, with more angle. When Ryhs was following, he was straight through 3/4 of the bank and kicked it out at the very end. Of course he's gonna be close.

Look at the gap close from Rhys and Chris on the first run. Maybe Chris should have done the "no angle catch-up" to be right on Rhys the whole time, but he chose not to. IMO it just made Ryhs look like Team Serious, drag racing away from a car that's already drifting...
                    why don't the judges care about early initiations?

Comment

Working...
                    X