No announcement yet.

motorsports in america

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do you mean nascar is keeping an eye on drifting????? that drifting could take over as the main motor sport in america?????

as much as i wish that would happen i doubt it could

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
      I'm sad to say but nowadays I think its more of a good reason to have a beer and go watch some racecars crash.
      Nah, I'm pretty sure they go to see cars take left turns all day

I have very little respect/interest for NASCAR. I mean, the drivers have something going for them going that fast, that hard for that many laps but it's just a big lazy circle.

B-Wurm

Comment

Of course NASCAR is watching drifting. NASCAR owns Grand Am and Grand Am was the first pro race series in the States to have a drift demo. They came to me (US Drift) to run an event at VIR in '03 with US Drift. JR, Tony Schultz, and the LookOut drift guys all ran along with guys like Randy Pobst (Pro racer).

Grand Am is trying to schedule drivers now for demos in '06 but are having trouble as the FD schedule is not out yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Octagon
          I'm really getting sick of this "Americans have short attention spans" crap that's supposedly why people watch ovals.

Try again.

People watch ovals because they want to see EVERYTHING that happens. They don't want to miss a thing because they're paying rapt attention to EVERYTHING in front of them.

And, quite frankly, if any of you candy-asses would actually GO to a short track like Eldora you'd get an idea as to why people have been watching and participating in sprint car racing since the days of Barney Oldfield and the chain driven Blitzen Benz.

It's actually pretty simple.

Drifting at 40-80mph

Drifting at 90 to 160mph.

Drifting at 40-80mph on a right turn
          Last edited by my 1 88 u; 09-14-2005, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X