ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F&F3 Casting Call - Sept 18th - Downey, CA (Socal) - 12 noon!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by craiglieberman
    George can answer that...I haven't pursued this from my end as I simply haven't come across any in the US...how 'bout you George?

Last I heard, Universal was going to build these from scratch.

They ARE looking at Scion xB's, though.
    None that I know of showed up. Like craig said.. the damn things are a rarity here in the U.S. I am sure there is one or two. But actually locating them.. now thats a needle in a haystack. Got a magnet anyone?? Building will be Universal's only option unless one magically appears.

Comment

yea, none showed up... but...

hey george - i got some leads we need to talk about...

Comment

George can answer that...I haven't pursued this from my end as I simply haven't come across any in the US...how 'bout you George?

Last I heard, Universal was going to build these from scratch.

They ARE looking at Scion xB's, though.
        Craig, there is a guy in Palmdale (or the area around there) with a Previa with a VIP style to it. Somewhat close to what they're looking for. I think his name is Clint King or something like that.

It's a candy purple Previa.

Comment

Originally posted by yukio@jic-magic
          Craig, there is a guy in Palmdale (or the area around there) with a Previa with a VIP style to it. Somewhat close to what they're looking for. I think his name is Clint King or something like that.

It's a candy purple Previa.
          Cool...he can email me at liebermc1@cox.net or he can touch base with George...either way, it'll be put in front of both groups inside of Universal who are assisting in the actual casting of vehicles.

Comment

It's a lot of hype for a shot shoot in L.A.

Shooting L.A. For Japan.

A lot of this film is happening now.

I just finished a project in the same building as the ff3 production.
            Saw plenty of vehicles being used and spoke to a few people in there.

they are spreading the call out, it's easier to do this way, cost's less and there are no contracts when calling out openly...when there are so many eager to be associated.
            There's another one hosted By Longo this coming week at the Irwindale Speedway.

Comment

I can't believe their making another Fast and the Furious, but then again you had to see it coming by how much they made from the first two. Its gonna be cool to see some real editing for the "drift racing" scenes. I mean yea Initial d the movie wasn't great but everyone had to love the quality of the touge scenes. LIL Bow Wow is gonna become the new drift king!!!!!

Comment

I heard a little bit in regards to background drifting...

Sweet $ there... If you are chosen, ask for stunt union credit.

I believe the scene is in an industrial, probably san pedro... where there is some street drifting going on... like the older option videos where they'd run a dozen around the block while the crowd looked on from the curbs.
                Throw in some crazy JDM Yanky Vans, some JDM and VIP...

Well, there's yer scene.

Could be wrong tho...

Comment

Originally posted by Double M Star
                  It's a lot of hype for a shot shoot in L.A.

Shooting L.A. For Japan.

A lot of this film is happening now.

I just finished a project in the same building as the ff3 production.
                  Saw plenty of vehicles being used and spoke to a few people in there.

they are spreading the call out, it's easier to do this way, cost's less and there are no contracts when calling out openly...when there are so many eager to be associated.
                  There's another one hosted By Longo this coming week at the Irwindale Speedway.
                  I agree....they're coming out of the wooedwork...everyone wants their car in/

The Longo "casting" is really ME checking out xB's at the SPECIFIC REQUEST of my boss at Universal. They've asked for 2-5 xB's.

The GOOD NEWS is that since we're ONLY looking at hardcore drift cars (I've cast about 50 cars, 30 of them are RHD), this is the best opportunity we've ever had to present the most authentic cars ever as backdrop cars.

Comment

I agree....they're coming out of the wooedwork...everyone wants their car in/

The Longo "casting" is really ME checking out xB's at the SPECIFIC REQUEST of my boss at Universal. They've asked for 2-5 xB's.

The GOOD NEWS is that since we're ONLY looking at hardcore drift cars (I've cast about 50 cars, 30 of them are RHD), this is the best opportunity we've ever had to present the most authentic cars ever as backdrop cars.
                    craig - how was your casting call? how was the turn out?

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
                      craig - how was your casting call? how was the turn out?
                      Hi Jacob...

We didn't do a casting call at Wiser's request...I guess there's no need...they're pulling cars right from photos now and between what all the sources have provided, I think they have way more than they need.

There's more info on my site.

Some of the cars are being pulled from our site, some came from Igor from AutomotiveForums and it's my understanding that you and George's team are providing, or have provided, photos as well. Thus far, we've begun booking about 50 or so for the first round. Not sure how many other times they'll need to pull cars or how many are coming from other sources, but that's the latest, anyway.

Tell George to call me if he has any questions.

Comment

Yukio... if JIC wants an FD out there let me know hell, half my car is JIC lol
                        oh, and tell Ben C whaddup

Comment

We have two drift ready cars and drivers that are willing to do stunt work with our cars. Please let me know craig, jason, or anyone else that is doing casting.

We have our S13 (lhd) and our S15 (RHD) and we want to be really involved with this film and two very experienced drifters that will pilot them (one of them, we have to fly in from Japan).

Let me know guys! Thanks.

*thanks to Jtuned for the nice photos.
                          Last edited by yukio@jic-magic; 09-27-2005, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yukio@jic-magic
                            We have two drift ready cars and drivers that are willing to do stunt work with our cars. Please let me know craig, jason, or anyone else that is doing casting.

We have our S13 (lhd) and our S15 (RHD) and we want to be really involved with this film and two very experienced drifters that will pilot them (one of them, we have to fly in from Japan).

Let me know guys! Thanks.

*thanks to Jtuned for the nice photos.
                            We'd love to have these cars...please call me asap at 949 632 5917. We'll get you setup and submitted. I'm sure George, Jacob and that crew would agree that these cars need to be in this movie!!

Comment

the s13 showed up at the casting call, so we already had his information. Not sure who was driving it...

we were aware of the S15 as well.

Just curious - who are the 2 drivers you have lined up? Because I know there was a lot of drama at the end of the formula D season regarding who was (or rather, who WASN'T) driving for JIC.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
                                the s13 showed up at the casting call, so we already had his information. Not sure who was driving it...

we were aware of the S15 as well.

Just curious - who are the 2 drivers you have lined up? Because I know there was a lot of drama at the end of the formula D season regarding who was (or rather, who WASN'T) driving for JIC.
                                We will be announcing about our up coming plans for drifting season by SEMA time.

Comment

Working...
                                X