sc300 and sc400s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sc300 and sc400s

the lexus sc300 and 400 i believ are rear wheel drive and in all my jdm drifting movies they are always in it drifting are they any good and how much horses do they have finally does anyone in here have one

sc300 is 2jgze... inline 6 non turbo 225hp
    sc400 is a v8.
    only sc300 came in 5spd model.

They are not good drift cars. You have to heavy modify to get it to be a drifter. Yes its rwd and u can get sideways but its hard to control a boat.

Comment

the soarer is a great drift car. Just ask Mr. Ueno

Comment

Thats because MR Ueno, made some expensive mods to the car to lighten it up. Carbon fiber all over. Especially CF doors. a SC300 is a heavy car, since it's more or a Luxury or I guess Excutive Sports Car in Japan.
        Tony's right, heavy mods are needed to make it a better car to control in drifting.

Comment

T. Ueno's Soarer makes about 460 horses.

A few of years ago Ueno didn't have all that carbon fiber. His 2001 season was the best he has had and that's when he had a stock interior(except seats), body kit, and wheels. So the car was a lot heavier then. First place D1gp rnd.4, Third place overall in the 2001 season.

Comment

I guess drifting with handicaps at first makes you a better drifter later on with car improvements. Pro and novice it seems.

Comment

drifting is all about the skillzzles. JZA80s are just as heavy if not heavier and those are driftable. Uenos soarer drifts a hell of a lot better then they do.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyFromNapa
                sc300 is 2jgze... inline 6 non turbo 225hp
                sc400 is a v8.
                only sc300 came in 5spd model.

They are not good drift cars. You have to heavy modify to get it to be a drifter. Yes its rwd and u can get sideways but its hard to control a boat.

your a dumbshit what is the forum coming toooooooooo there are only a few people on this forum who know what they are talking about nowadays

Comment

there are alot hevier cars than the j series drifting and they all get it on. Does inertia meen any thing

Comment

Re: ............

Originally posted by TP | sil-beer
                    your a dumbshit what is the forum coming toooooooooo there are only a few people on this forum who know what they are talking about nowadays
                    ok, my friends truck is rwd i guess its a drifter car, just cause its rwd does not mean its ideal for drifting. You people think just cause they do it in japan its 100% rite. internet drifters. i said it can drift, but i also said it wasnt the best cause its so heavy. Look at what these kids type. Sc300 weight is more then supra. so a sc300 is better then a supra to get sideways?? cause Ueno did it!!!!!!! so it must be....japan trend followers. why dont u go try to drift one... i have, its not easy at all. my silvia is ok, my corolla is a little harder. its on the driver skill and car combined. with enough skill anything can drift. BUt how good is the question. im pretty sure i know alot more then you. watch who you call names .
                    Last edited by TonyFromNapa; 01-14-2004, 06:15 PM.

Comment

bay areas finest huh.... your a joke. just cause im new to this forum doesnt mean i dont know my 411. to many of you little posers on here thats why i try not to post. i answered the kids question and you had to try to act all cool.
                      Last edited by TonyFromNapa; 01-14-2004, 06:14 PM.

Comment

thanx for all of ur input but would it be easier then say a 240sx to get it ready /would it be faster later?

Comment

a 240sx is easier to get drifting and cheaper. you can pick up a 240sx for $2000. Get an LSD rear end for $250-$350, suspension for $500, intake and exhaust. And your ready to go drift and have some fun.

With a sc300 you have to buy the car that will run u atleast $6500 to $8000. LSD rear end for i dont even know how much. Suspension, intake and exhaust. then u can go and try to drift it. It can be drift but your better off with a 240sx.

AS you can see its cheaper to do a 240sx. Then in the future you could buy a sr20 swap for around $3k. A 1jz swap will cost about the same for a sc300. But most people would rather do the 2jz that will run u up to $5k.

so its up to you, but u can see that the 240sx would be a more practical car to have as a drift car. Cause drifting means crashing sometime and parts for a 240sx is alot easier and cheaper to get then a sc300. Same with performace parts.

Comment

as being faster, a 2jz sc300 would be faster in the end. the motor can belt out almost 600hp on stock turbos and motor. But drifting isnt about power. SO you choose drifting or racing. but with a 240sx u can drag, drift, and touge. Autocrossing and things like that which takes a car thats lighter, quicker and more nimble is better in a 240sx then a BOAT like a sc300. BUT UENO can drift a sc300 so its must beable to outhandle everything else....haha..

Comment

once again, i dont care if your in japan or how they do it in japan. How about you send us all parts to build a jdm soarer or chaser in usa. And then upgrade it for us like the guys in japan. Cause all we got here is spinner rims and some bodykits. Maybe you should study the topic again. you think hes goin to beable to afford a lexus and make it a drifter???? i dont care what pro did what. Hes got money and a shop behind him. *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* i bet i can make a minivan into a drift race car with money. i dont want to be rude but you got to think about what it takes for a USDM car to turn into a drifter.
                              Last edited by TonyFromNapa; 01-14-2004, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X