Seeking marketing opporunity for my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking marketing opporunity for my car

OK heres the deal. I figure it never hurts to be blunt, honest and straight up so...

I am at a point with drifting where i need that little extra help to get me into more events. I would like to find a shop or company that is looking to do something a little different then the usual 240 or Hachi.... for i have a Miata. Now i know that there really hasnt been many successful Miatas out there, but look at S2000's at first... they were in the same boat, with some determination and a little extra funding, they seem to be doing well, hince Alex. I would also like to say i am NOT just some new drifter asking for free stuff. I have been drifting before i even knew what it was. I have also been driving Miatas for about 4yrs now and know the cars very well. I think i can bring a good name to the sport of drifting and have something new and different. I also love dealing with and talking about drifting to people who dont understand it and have questions. At NOPI i think i did just as much interacting with the crowd as i did with my car on the track.

The biggist help to me would be tires/wheels, entry fees and a few other performance parts for my current 99 Miata which is already well modified. You can read a full list at www.cardomain.com/id/emeraldsport. I have a graphics company already lined up (sponsored my old car, http://www.evolution-autodesign.com/). I also had sponsors with my old car who helped me with some parts, service and entry fees for some events. After i lost my old car, i took some time to re-evaluate my plans about drifting and bought a new Miata and have been working on it privately until i feel comfortable presenting to any shops or potential sponsors. This year has really been about planning and tuning the car to figure out what it will take to advance to the next level.

I also have some older videos of my old car on www.cardomain.com/id/droptopdrifter when it was n/a. I had more videos but a recent computer crash deleted most of them and i am trying to start a new archive with more recent videos.

A few of my accomplishments include:

Winning US Drift Nationals at Lowes Motorspeedway in 2004 (car was natually aspirated at the time with 114rwhp)
    Invited to attend the NOPI drift showoff 2004
    Appeared in the Mischief V Dynasty video in the drifting section (white miata)
    Regular attendence at SouthEast Drift Assosiation practice days
    Attend DG Trials events on regular basis

My previous car was a 1996 Miata

and from NOPI Nationals 2004

I hope i have made a positive impression on someone , somewhere out there....even if it means that someone recognizes the car at any event. I am in the preocess of making my own website to showcase my car and other local drifters.

Mike "DropTop" Frohock
    wankelpower7@bellsouth.net

the man can drift damn good. Best miata drifter I've seen
    Last edited by my 1 88 u; 09-26-2005, 04:43 PM.

Comment

why won't your old sponsors help you out with the new caR?

why did you "lose" your old car? what happened?

You won't get much just by posting some info on drifting.com . You have some good credentials, I'd get a formal proposal together and get more specific with the companies you are targeting.

Comment

I was the track marshal that day at NOPI (not the a-hole that wouldn't let you run). I do own my own shop, and I am always looking to promote it. send me an email we'll talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
          why won't your old sponsors help you out with the new caR?

why did you "lose" your old car? what happened?

You won't get much just by posting some info on drifting.com . You have some good credentials, I'd get a formal proposal together and get more specific with the companies you are targeting.
          I'm working on a formal portfolio for proposals, but i figured it wouldnt hurt to post on here.... dont know if ya dont try, right?

Well, i was involved in a accident with my old car, since it was my daily driver at the time. It was not a drifting accident or anything... story is on my cardomain page with the vids of the white car.

As for the sponsors. I have talked with the guys that did all the stickers and they are still up for doing the car. I had Fidanza for some cam gears... but the 99+ Miata can't used them so no point. Another shop kinda lost intrest in drifting and has changed most their work to Honda's (and they messed up my new car). None of them were one big contribution, but rather little help here and there and i knew the people at each business personally and they know im still here with the new car.
          Last edited by DropTopDrifter; 09-27-2005, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood
            I was the track marshal that day at NOPI (not the a-hole that wouldn't let you run). I do own my own shop, and I am always looking to promote it. send me an email we'll talk.
            Will do.

Yeah.. i was afraid of that topic coming up... im still a little ashaimed at myself..... but i sure as heck learned!

Comment

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take
              Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

Try your best, and work hard at it. Use the internet as much as you can. Getting sponsors was (and still is) for us one of the hardest parts of racing. If it wasn't for the support we got from the internet and posting about ourselves we wouldn't be here today.

(here is our old page that helped us make it to FD sonoma last year) http://www.bubbadrift.com/donate.htm

You will probably get negative comments along the way, but ignore them and do your best.

Good Luck.

james
                Last edited by z28evans; 09-28-2005, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by z28evans
                  Try your best, and work hard at it. Use the internet as much as you can. Getting sponsors was (and still is) for us one of the hardest parts of racing. If it wasn't for the support we got from the internet and posting about ourselves we wouldn't be here today.

(here is our old page that helped us make it to FD sonoma last year) http://www.bubbadrift.com/donate.htm

You will probably get negative comments along the way, but ignore them and do your best.

Good Luck.

james
                  hey man.. i didnt get a chance to talk to you at NOPI lastyear... too bad sunday went don the crapper.. was lookign forward to seeing you upclose that day

Comment

I still have 2 good dunlop tires from that NOPI event

Comment

i only burned off 2 rears completely, used the other 4 14's at a couple events and then they went with the white car to get it to the wrecker yard... i did kep all 4 16's i got and ran them on the street for a few months.....

oh, sent ya a email.

Comment

post it on http://www.bestmotoringvideo.com/forum_new/index.php? they might be able to help you?

Comment

http://www.jtuned.com/content/templa...=290&zoneid=16
                          Nadine Hsu
                          http://www.nadine180.com
                          http://www.driftingpretty.com

Comment

Originally posted by NadineToyoda
                            Thanks for the insight!!!

You know, i dont tihnk i did too bad of a job with my write up compared to the pointers there, now if i could just get myself in front of more people and show i am the whole package

You know, its cool to see how this site has progressed sine i first came to it when it was a handful of people... now all the big names on here... way cool.

Comment

Working...
                            X