Formula D Irwindale Final on G4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula D Irwindale Final on G4

Awesome! A great show to end the season.

Chris Forsberg you ROCK!

Go Team Falken! 2006 is gonna be nuts.

i just realized that it aired tonite.

good thing my friend's TiVo records every episode!! so i'll be checkint it out tomorrow...

Comment

Damm missed it.......yo 110 you got tvo right

Comment

I had it recorded on my DVR, but the sound was all garbled. So I watched it in mute. Anyway, I think Gushi got robbed. Alot of other things I didnt understand or agree with but since I didnt have sound I cant make any assumptions. Will have to wait for the re-run and hope the sound is working good. I didnt need sound to see that Gushi got robbed.

Comment

It was a great show. It was the best show g4 has done on drifting. they showed every tandem run!!

Comment

G4 did a pretty good job documenting the event. i guess since they are on a game station so they have to show the black list tourney. is big c the new roaming reporter for them? they've been through like 2 guys now right?

Comment

just watched it tonite... some of my critiques are a bit harsh

- I think i heard that the top 2 competitors are only seperated by 11 points at least 4 times before the first tandem battle aired... that was a bit much for me.

- I liked the interviews with the drivers about how they were going to attack the track

- the mix of overhead and different cameras on the tandem battling was much better this time around than in Chicago. Good job!

- big C. please make him stop.

- more in-car footage? there was some good footage in chicago, i woulda loved to have seen it again for irwindale.

- Glad Andy Yen made it up for the footage... the same comments from last time apply this time (about how he's great for the broadcast, and his extra technical expertise is priceless). maybe you can pay a driver a couple bucks to do this at each event as an incentive...

- i would have liked to have seen more coverage on Andy Yen, Dai, and JR on the problems they had with their cars and how they still did so well at the event. (talk about eactly what went wrong, what it took to be able to compete, and how they were able to adjust). There was no mention at all of JR's borrowed car in his round of qualifying! it was mentioned briefly in the round of 8, but not why he was in that car.

- we don't need an interview with ever winning driver every round. That's fine if someone interviews them every time, but you don't need to air every one. It just draws it all out.

- sam straightened out on gush twice, gush shoulda moved on then... and in the one more time, sam was straight on the entire oval, that wasn't cool either. I thought Gush shoulda won then, i think it even more now that i've seen the replay. but that's not a production note

- WHOA! andy AND alex up in the booth? w0rd!!

- rossi's "wow, you guys are like drifters!" joke - i'll give him that. i laughed!

- J-rod mis-announced schwartz as beating okubo, the sound should have been edited out of that...

- rhys coming up and kissing JR - fawkin priceless!! hahaha

- more talking to the judges. At other events, there was discussion with the judges for some of the tougher rounds, and their insight was really good for TV. Bring it back maybe a bit less Rossi, a bit more judges insight

- Why did rhys have the advantage in the final after the first run? I wanted to hear some feedback from judges / andy / alex...

- would have been good to have a more formal ceremony for the awarding of the championship, but again, that's not a production note.

and to round it out - NO MORE BIG C!! please!!! i didn't need to hear him in the last closing moment....

Comment

Great feedback!

Comment

didnt watch it, I already know how it ends

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
                    - J-rod mis-announced schwartz as beating okubo, the sound should have been edited out of that...
                    I apologize what happened was the audio they used for the whole show was live except 2 runs and I had to do a voiceover for that run and only saw that run not even both runs of Okubo and Schwartz so I didn't know who won.
                    So I gave the audio of either Ohkubo or Scwartz winning and they failed to edit it out.

I slapped my own forehead when that was said but it wasn't my fault...

Comment

Originally posted by J-Rod
                      I apologize what happened was the audio they used for the whole show was live except 2 runs and I had to do a voiceover for that run and only saw that run not even both runs of Okubo and Schwartz so I didn't know who won.
                      So I gave the audio of either Ohkubo or Scwartz winning and they failed to edit it out.

I slapped my own forehead when that was said but it wasn't my fault...
                      i don't blame you at all. you do an amazing job as it is

Comment

Working...
                      X