ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will someone take me under there wing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will someone take me under there wing???

My name is Desmond Johnson, I am located in a little town in North Carolina. I just finished High School this past May, and I am stuck in this town, I work at a local store, and it sucks. I have been into car's since I was little, and have always love to work on them. I know the basics about cars and how the motors work and everything, its just there is really nuttin out here for me in this little town. If there is anyone out there that has a shop, and willing to take a young kid in, that has the ability to race or drift, etc. and is willing to learn or do what ever it takes then I am that person.
    Last edited by Rufio_28532; 10-04-2005, 01:23 PM. Reason: i missed type a couple of words

SEMA.org has a 'classifieds' section. I'd suggest browsing that when you can, and possibly post up in the "jobs wanted" section.

good luck man!

Comment

Thanks for the Help man

Comment

Is there anyone out there that would take me under there wing???

Comment

save some money, move out to california and apply for a job?

Comment

The cost of living is just to much, out there on the west coast, I want to go out on the west coast, just right now money is a issue

Comment

off topic, but...Rufio as in the band??

Comment

Off topic...but, the word you're looking for is THEIR

Comment

on that topic........ no it's not.
                  Their shows possession, Their dog, their hats.
                  There is an adverb used for location or to be, over there, i went there, out there on the west coast, Is there anyone
                  They're is a contraction combining They and Are, they're going, they're here, they're not stupid

Here this might help you
                  http://www.better-english.com/easier/theyre.htm

- peace

sry, i was looking at the wrong piece of the thread, but for the man from south carolina read this and it should help. Didn't mean to be an *Censored**Censored**Censored* just can't stand when people correct others when they are incorrect.
                  Last edited by 180maniac; 10-05-2005, 10:11 PM.

Comment

do you have any friends that know anything about cars?

Comment

Your best option right now is to go to a pick and pull or any wreaking yard and just take cars apart. That way you will learn something about it and you wont be hurting anyone's car. When you get good at that, start putting them back together.

Don't laugh, I know people that do this so they can practice before they work on their own car.
                      BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Rufio, there are places you can be in the south and get where you want to be. Check out The Southeast Drifting association (SEDA, look for any post from Ghost of Duluth) and Tophat performance. Ask around on the forum. Also, did you see the latest Super Street with the article about the East coast nissan dealership that does SR swaps? I may not be in the business, but I got out of Rockingham,NC. Even if I had to go through Whitevill and wilmington and move to Ohio. You can do it, save your money and learn a trade and you'll ge there.

Originally posted by 180maniac
                        on that topic........ no it's not.
                        Their shows possession,
                        Uh, their wing? the wind belonging to them? not important on a drift forum on the internet anyway...

Originally posted by 180maniac
                        but for the man from south carolina read this and it should help. Didn't mean to be an *Censored**Censored**Censored* just can't stand when people correct others when they are incorrect.
                        he's from North Carolina. You stand corrected.

Comment

final scores: soultron 1, tuner 1, 180maniac 0

Comment

i already admitted that he was right because i looked at the wrong there. Sry about messing up the north and south.

- peace

Comment

Rufio, my question is "What is it you want to/expect to learn?".

I'll tell you right now, unless you have a boatload of sponsorship dollars in your pocket or a serious history in karts/quarter midgets, you're not going to get hired by a team to "learn to drive". A professional motorsports team has no interest in unknown quantities. That's a surefire way to lose money (something no race team EVER has enough of to spare) and a surefire way to lose events (something no race team EVER wants to do).

If you're dead serious about drifting, then it's time to pony up some dollars for a firesuit and a helmet and start tossing your name and dollars at whatever amateur car owner you can find. Whether it's gas for the tow rig, tires, breakfast, whores, whatever, pay your way into a ride for some practice events and learn some marketability.

You'll need a minor sponsorship to pay your way into a Drift Day or even a qualifying attempt at Formula Drift unless, again, you have the money to swing that.

It's also worth mentioning, at this point, that most drift teams are privately owned by the drivers and are too new to be actively scouting for new or replacement drivers. It makes breaking into the sport difficult without your own car and cash base.

Now then, if you want to make sponsors, team owners, and other VIP's aware of you in a hurry, it's time to talk open wheel oval. The cars demand a lot of their drivers, and are also excellent tools for learning setup. Plus with tons of tracks and series across the country supporting various levels of investment, it's easy to get into and get exposure.

It's through series like the 305 Winged Sprints on Asphalt, USAC Focus Midgets, Legends, Wolverine Outlaw Winged Midgets, and so on that kids barely out of high school like Lee Boss, A.J. Davis, Cameron Dodson, Erin Crocker, and a host of others are getting into 5 and 6 figure contracts to come up through the NASCAR and IRL ranks.

Comment

Working...
                              X