3rd
    Ken Nomura Nissan Skyline ER34
    4th
    Yasuyuki Kazama Nissan Silvia S15
    5th
    Masato Kawabata Nissan Silvia S15
    6th
    Darren McNamara TOYOTA AE86

the uk boards say Darren should have beat Kazama, can't wait to see video, sounds like another Rhy/Kazama thing.

Comment

Darren 6th over all at the weekend in the Uk D1 Gp,!!

Passed Fakuda in the last 16 and came up against a Mr.Kazama and only lost to him by 2 points even though Darren bet him but that another story.

And we got invited over to Irwindale in December to compete in the final rd

All we have to do now is get the money together (No sponsors!!)

Check out www.d1gp.co.uk for full event report

Pics of the event can be found here UK demo

Have a look here for a full spec of Darrens carHERE and a few pics of the weekend.

Hope to be over to ye all in December

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
        the uk boards say Darren should have beat Kazama, can't wait to see video, sounds like another Rhy/Kazama thing.
        here's the vid....
        http://www.tweakedturbo.com/sweeps/T...20of%20D1!.wmv

Comment

Originally posted by FD3S_pilot

Wow, from that view, I'd of given it to Darren too. Well done! I'd like a better shot of Darren's lead run as he transitions into the second turn. It looks like he might of got "stuck" a little (definitely a big lift), but hard to say from that clip. When Kazama lead, he entered with much higher angle, but Darren followed much better than Kazama did previously. If he didn't get stuck, he should have won, or at worst had to go "one more time" (which I usually frown on).

That said... some tandem runs look very different from other viewpoints. Twice this year I was very surprised watching playback of tandems runs I witnessed from another angle... quite literally put a whole new perspective on it.

-T

Comment

its easy to have more angle when you shoot wide

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
              its easy to have more angle when you shoot wide
              If you're implying Kazama went wide at the entry, you are wrong. It's sort of a double apex turn, the first insignificant. In fact, they were probably intructed to run wide there (at least for qualifying). Watch just about any other run from that event. Hitting that first point causes an early apex at the next curb too. Kazama *might* not have deserved the win, but he did not "miss".

Comment

wow, any more videos?

Comment

Originally posted by foilman
                  If you're implying Kazama went wide at the entry, you are wrong. It's sort of a double apex turn, the first insignificant. In fact, they were probably intructed to run wide there (at least for qualifying). Watch just about any other run from that event. Hitting that first point causes an early apex at the next curb too. Kazama *might* not have deserved the win, but he did not "miss".
                  you are right about the double apex but the more I watch D1 the more I realize that you have to REALLY beat kazama to get a pass. equal to or ever so slightly better than will get you a loss where as a clearly better will get to a sudden death?!?!?!?!?

Comment

In my opinon, I think the call to have Kazama moved on was good because Darren ran shallow into the turn 1 when he was leading. That is why Darren was able to pull away from Kazama.

The only difficult part of that course is intiating into turn 1. Other than that, it's a easy course. That said, turn 1 is the main emphasis of the run.

After being judged by Keiichi the Drift King a number of times and watching and understanding his comments in the D1 videos a million times, I know his judging emphasis has always been the 1st initiation of the drift and he does not like the lead car running a shallow line. A relatively shallower line compared to the qualifying runs is ok, but totally hugging the inside is a big point deduction from him. Drift King's emphasis on this is totally understandable because it leaves the car behind no chance to tug in at all, making the tandem battle less exciting.
                    Hubert Young
                    KORE 8 Films

Comment

Originally posted by motdyn_s14
                      In my opinon, I think the call to have Kazama moved on was good because Darren ran shallow into the turn 1 when he was leading. That is why Darren was able to pull away from Kazama.

The only difficult part of that course is intiating into turn 1. Other than that, it's a easy course. That said, turn 1 is the main emphasis of the run.

After being judged by Keiichi the Drift King a number of times and watching and understanding his comments in the D1 videos a million times, I know his judging emphasis has always been the 1st initiation of the drift and he does not like the lead car running a shallow line. A relatively shallower line compared to the qualifying runs is ok, but totally hugging the inside is a big point deduction from him. Drift King's emphasis on this is totally understandable because it leaves the car behind no chance to tug in at all, making the tandem battle less exciting.

have you watched this years round at Sugo?

Comment

Working...
                      X