Motdyn LS1 Powered FD3s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motdyn LS1 Powered FD3s

Hi guys this is Luke Lonberger, I drive for Motorsport Dynamics, we are building a very fun car for next season, even though it may be illigal for formula d we will still attend all the drift showoffs, dday, and local events with it.

The car is a 93 rx7 twin turbo.

The motor is a 2002 LS1 Corvette engine.

Please have a look at the build page, it is very detailed, descriptive, and comical.

http://www.shockdrifting.com/articles/view.php?id=49

Any comments/ suggestions would be great possitive or negative.

Thanks Luke.

I'm not 100% clear on how the car could be Formula Drift illegal (as far as I knew, there were other FD's running around with non-Mazda engines) but I definitely support the idea. The LS1 is a stomper of an engine with unlimited potential and deadbolt reliability. Combine it with the FD chassis and you should have a thumping good ride.

Comment

hey thats pretty cool man, kinda blasphemous, but still pretty hardcore

Comment

Project looks cool seems you guys are having fun with it. keep us updated i would want to see that baby run!

Comment

Nice job guys Plus your sporting the Falken Name...

Comment

thats a reallly cool swap, oneo f my freinds just finished his, havent seen it yet but its pretty sweet

www.fastblackcar.com look for rx7

i dont know what the rules will be for next year yet, but they are considering a manufac. specific swap rule.

Comment

Whats up mike? Yea thats the only reason it would be illegal is if the manf motor rule comes into effect.

I met you at sonoma, i was driving this car.

Yea the car is coming along nicely, and we are having a fun time.
              Anyone have any ideas for the car? Any crazy things people would like to see?

Comment

looks like it's gonna be a killer drifter

Comment

Thats what we are hoping.

Thanks

Comment

i wanted to see that done with a huuuuge head/cam package and headers/straight exhaust so it would be as loud as a rotary but not annoying, but it looks like youve already got that covered.

Comment

so i guess its just a 7 since you took the RX out?

thats about as nice as I can be to people who take the rotary out of FDs so im gonna stop talking.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters
                        i wanted to see that done with a huuuuge head/cam package and headers/straight exhaust so it would be as loud as a rotary but not annoying, but it looks like youve already got that covered.

Yea im not going to run any mufflers, just a resonator. lol.

It should sound alot like jr's mustang maybe louder?

Anyways, im excited so well see what happenes.

Also we update our website with new pics almost daily, so keep an eye on it.

Thanks Luke

Comment

Originally posted by hatebbobbarker
                          so i guess its just a 7 since you took the RX out?

thats about as nice as I can be to people who take the rotary out of FDs so im gonna stop talking.
                          Yeah, taking rotories out of RX cars is such a taboo.

But alot of times people do it because they dont want to deal with the rotary engine. But if thats the case, why not get a different car that already has pistons?
                          Last edited by Velvet; 10-07-2005, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Because the fd3s is one of the sexiest cars to ever come out of japan, and the ls1 is one of the best motors to ever come out of usa. Put both together and you have a sexy beast.

Besides rotarys are hard to get torque out of, and with drifting the more torque the better.

In addition its what i want to do, and it has no negative side effects. The additional few pounds wont change the handling, and the reliability of that motor far surpasses the sr20det, rb, or rotary at a 400 hp wheel level.

Comment

1. who's the smokin' hot girl sittin in the guys lap in the one picture
                              2. Can I have her number
                              3. That is going to be a sexy beast of a car

Comment

Working...
                              X