SPECIAL THANKS FROM MOVIECARZ from FF3 set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
    Don't lie Craig, you'd only watch him drift a John Deere if it had a widebody, custom paint, and a T3/T4 hybrid turbo setup. I dont think a stock John Deere would hold your attention.
    And three nitrous bottles...and 8 TV's. And a Motec system exhaust.

Comment

Would you prefer smoking?

Or non-smoking?

Both are WELL over 1000hp. The second one is about 2000. And yes, they use John Deere engines. No motec system exhausts or TV's though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsunami
        Would you prefer smoking?

Or non-smoking?

Both are WELL over 1000hp. The second one is about 2000. And yes, they use John Deere engines. No motec system exhausts or TV's though.
        Wow...look at the audience size...

More people go to those things than to a NOPI Import Drag race and an NHRA drag race combined.

Comment

You're absolutely right about that, Craig. It also helps that for your very low admission price (typically about $15 adult, $10 for kids 12-16 or Seniors, kids under 12 free) you get several divisions of tractors, monster trucks, a demo derby, and occasionally something like the Dynamite Lady or Truck-a-saurus or other such stunt/destruction sideshow.

Plus they're typically held in conjunction with a county fair, so you get good-priced fair food (fresh funnel cakes and caramel apples own all of you), carnival rides, and all sorts of fun things to do.

Sounds like a good day to take the wife and kids to when you're a family on a budget, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by craiglieberman
            More people go to those things than to a NOPI Import Drag race and an NHRA drag race combined.
            there was a good turnout this weekend at NHRA world finals at Pomona. But you weren't there....

Comment

Originally posted by Octagon
              You're absolutely right about that, Craig. It also helps that for your very low admission price (typically about $15 adult, $10 for kids 12-16 or Seniors, kids under 12 free) you get several divisions of tractors, monster trucks, a demo derby, and occasionally something like the Dynamite Lady or Truck-a-saurus or other such stunt/destruction sideshow.

Plus they're typically held in conjunction with a county fair, so you get good-priced fair food (fresh funnel cakes and caramel apples own all of you), carnival rides, and all sorts of fun things to do.

Sounds like a good day to take the wife and kids to when you're a family on a budget, doesn't it?
              Yup, good value for the buck, plus good food...something sorely lacking at a drag race venue!

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
                there was a good turnout this weekend at NHRA world finals at Pomona. But you weren't there....
                That's good news....it was their finals, so I'd hope this event's attendance was good. Sorry I missed it...I wanted to be there, but I had to work...big Hollywood movies require crazy working hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Octagon

Yeah it's a grassroots deal like the supermodifieds. They build 'em on their own dime with the help of family and friends and run for a little bit of cash and braggin' rights. It's all about having fun while making loads of power, noise and smoke.

Comment

LOL @ THIS THREAD!!

We went from Craig and SLapshots FF3 beef(funny, btw), domestics being involved in the movie thats based in japan (hahah),to rhys anti-spin device, to TRACTOR RACING!?!?

Oh Craig, hows the movie going by the way?

Comment

Originally posted by CamelTouge
                      LOL @ THIS THREAD!!

We went from Craig and SLapshots FF3 beef(funny, btw), domestics being involved in the movie thats based in japan (hahah),to rhys anti-spin device, to TRACTOR RACING!?!?

Big fun, so far. Watching these guys tear up the cars the studio built is very cool. Rhys looks like he's having fun.

The girls they cast through the extras casting place are SMOKIN!

It's hard to tell if this movie is going to be a hit or a bust from what we see day to day, but it's fun to watch them film. The girl they cast, Natalie something or other is freakin hot, and nice too!

The vast majority of cars we cast represent a good mix, with almost no show queens and more than 50 cars were RHD, 20 of which were Skylines. We got lots of local drift guys/girls cars, which made me happy.

Here's the killer...Universal bought/brought over about 30-40 cars straight from Japan. They MUST go back to Japan, or they have to be crushed! No other option is acceptable to the DOT.

That's right...either they ship them back or they flatten them. They bought the VeilSide NSX for about $50-100K, now they're going to flatten it! And no, they can't/won't sell any of the cars!

They've got some badass cars, too, including about 9 R33's, about 4 widebody/VeilSide RSX's, and a host of other wild cars. What a tragic waste and it kills me!

The set dressing people did a good job...the parking structure looks like Japan, right down to the vending machines. The girls' wardrobe is pretty good, too.

So far, it's been fun.

Comment

i want in this action!

Comment

Originally posted by CamelTouge
                          LOL @ THIS THREAD!!

Tractor PULLING, not tractor racing.

Comment

Craig how about a sick rx7 twin turbo, fully built for professional drifting, with a ls1 corvette motor in it?

Car should be done in 2 weeks.

Last edited by Motdyn-Ls1fd; 10-26-2005, 03:20 PM. Reason: Ewwiwop!!!

Comment

Hey Craig, it's Vadim (the guy with the red R30 Skyline)... I noticed it hasn't been cut yet. How's it doing out there? ... Each day it's not cut is better for me .

Comment

Originally posted by ChokudoriS13
                                Hey Craig, it's Vadim (the guy with the red R30 Skyline)... I noticed it hasn't been cut yet. How's it doing out there? ... Each day it's not cut is better for me .
                                They're loving the car, Vadim. Plan on picking it up Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X