No announcement yet.

SPECIAL THANKS FROM MOVIECARZ from FF3 set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umm, Buddyworm, GTP cars were AMERICAN race cars in the first place. IMSA GTP is indirectly related to European Group C racing, and the cars by and large were built in America by American chassis and racing companies.

Toyota Eagle? Built by Dan Gurney's All American Racers company.

Jaguar XJR-5? Built by Fabcar and raced by Bob Tullius's Group 44.

Al Holbert and Fabcar also built a large majority of the Porsche 962's in GTP competition.

Tom Walkinshaw entrusted Advanced to build the later IMSA spec Jaguars.

Chapman was behind the Nissan ZXT's, and Crawford behind the Mazda GTP's.

Very VERY few of the Group C cars came over from Europe or Japan to run GTP races, and those that did only came for the Sebring 12hours or Daytona 24, then quickly returned to their respective national series to prepare for Le Mans. GTP cars, generally, were disallowed at Le Mans under Group C spec rules. But it was no matter, as IMSA GTP had more money, more prestige, more sponsors, and more races.

Comment

• Well I cant say anything about lack of enforcement, I know we got some corrupt stuff happening over here. My friend just shipped his 10 sec Supra to the mainland to cruise at the Supra Vegas meet and on the way over the dock workers stole his nitrous bottles, on the way back they cracked the bodykit, broke the hood by trying to pull up on the hoodpins, and obviously abused the car because now the torque converter is toast and he no longer has reverse. Oh and his SAFC was screwed with to run lean and boost controller was maxxed out to 2+ bar. Dirty *Censored**Censored**Censored* dock workers!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Octagon
        Umm, Buddyworm, GTP cars were AMERICAN race cars in the first place. IMSA GTP is indirectly related to European Group C racing, and the cars by and large were built in America by American chassis and racing companies.

Toyota Eagle? Built by Dan Gurney's All American Racers company.

Jaguar XJR-5? Built by Fabcar and raced by Bob Tullius's Group 44.

Al Holbert and Fabcar also built a large majority of the Porsche 962's in GTP competition.

Tom Walkinshaw entrusted Advanced to build the later IMSA spec Jaguars.

Chapman was behind the Nissan ZXT's, and Crawford behind the Mazda GTP's.

Very VERY few of the Group C cars came over from Europe or Japan to run GTP races, and those that did only came for the Sebring 12hours or Daytona 24, then quickly returned to their respective national series to prepare for Le Mans. GTP cars, generally, were disallowed at Le Mans under Group C spec rules. But it was no matter, as IMSA GTP had more money, more prestige, more sponsors, and more races.
        Impressive...you know your stuff. That's a great history lesson for our younger members.

Don;t know how this thread got so far off topic, but it's a fun read nonetheless.

Comment

• Thanks for the kudos, Craig. As a former (more or less) member of the motorsports press and an avid historian (on top of being a mechanic, day in day out) I try to make it my business to know the in's and out's of motorsport, especially American motorsport.

And I happen to be one of the younger members at 20 years old. lol

Comment

• You're only 20? jesus christ you're younger than me...this whole time I thought you were some old heart medication taking dude sitting on one of those worn out lazy boy recliner chairs ..ya know what Im talking about?

one of those extremely right wing "vegitarians are all *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*'s" still has flash backs from vietnam sorta dudes?

ok nevermind..

Anyway its good that you know your stuff..you should be a curator at the Peterson Automotive Musieum

Comment

• Originally posted by Octagon
              And I happen to be one of the younger members at 20 years old. lol
              holy sh*&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              never would of guessed dude.

Comment

• Import it as parts.
                Shell separately from motor and the rest of the drivetrain. Then put it back together. Bingo.
                My friend has a legalized S14, non-legal S15 and R33.

Comment

Working...
                X