MOPAR'S 2006 SEASON (Press Release)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOPAR'S 2006 SEASON (Press Release)

MOPAR'S DRIFTING EFFORT GEARS UP FOR 2006 SEASON Major Announcement Headlines SEMA Show

Center Line, Mich. - When Mopar decided to jump into the drifting scene, the brand faced a steep learning curve, both culturally and competitively. Mopar's venture into the drifting arena has been a successful one, as in only two years the brand has captured a championship and the respect of the drifting faithful.

The brand's rise hasn't come without a strong effort, and the 2006 season will leave little room for doubt regarding Mopar's dedication to the sport.

"Over the last couple years, Mopar has made impressive headlines driving sideways," said B.J. Birtwell, Youth and Urban Marketing Manager for DaimlerChrysler. "Winning the 2004 Inaugural Formula Drift championship and backing that up with a runner-up finish in 2005 has shown the drift community that Mopar means business. However, our passion to reclaim the championship trophy will be undeniably evident at this year's 2005 SEMA Show."

The ramped up passion that Birtwell refers to could help to make the 2006 season Mopar's most anticipated yet in the Formula D Series. The program will get a boost that is sure to direct the team's desire to win into new territory.
    Drifting faithful and media alike are sure to be taken by surprise by Mopar's next move, which will be revealed during the upcoming SEMA show.

"We needed to step up our game," said Birtwell. "The bottom line is that the progression of the sport, coupled with the increase of tough competition, forced us to raise the bar. Our new 2006 platform will serve that purpose. Mopar's commitment to drifting is a result of our passion for motorsports. We look forward to sharing that with the drifting community in 2006."

In addition to the SEMA announcement, Mopar is also preparing to launch a new Web site that will cater to the drifting scene. The new site is geared toward the urban movement and new generation of Mopar enthusiasts. Drift fans and tuner enthusiasts will also be able to explore Mopar's dedication to drifting and the brand's philosophy. Fans can expect an announcement in the near future.

The DaimlerChrysler SEMA press conference is scheduled for Tuesday, November 1, at 2:40 p.m. The display is located in the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center and is listed as booth number 42327 in the SEMA guide. All SEMA attendees are invited to attend.

its a charger, you can kinda see the headlight shape on the ad they placed. It's on the back cover of Drifting magazine...you'll see it.

Comment

well, if the charger thing is true....YAY we finally get to see a domestic 4dr drift

Comment

I like the idea of a charger as a drift car, I've driven them at work, kinda interesting, but still feels like a 300C... atleast it's something that's a little more affordable vs. the Viper, so now people can relate to them more
        Last edited by GoukiS14; 10-29-2005, 12:40 AM.

Comment

In less than 10 years, Chargers, Magnums, and 300s are gunna be the next popular VIP style 4 Door drift cars. CANT WAIT!

Comment

cool he wont have a cheater car anymore.
            I still like Sam best in the supra, it actualy showed he could drive.

Comment

I cant wait to see him in a charger. I hope he does well this year. He has crazy style.

Comment

That should be an interesting car to see sideways. I didn't like em when they first came out, but there growing on me, and this might change my mind about them. Can't wait to see some pics.

Comment

any pics of it ?

Comment

Mopar Drift

No pics yet but they'll be up in a few days (or whatever the countdown is at):

www.mopardrift.com

Comment

Originally posted by hatebbobbarker
                      cool he wont have a cheater car anymore.
                      I still like Sam best in the supra, it actualy showed he could drive.
                      How was the Viper a cheater car?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaggorri
                        How was the Viper a cheater car?
                        It was an American car dominating a Japanese sport, and the FNF crowd buying the tickets didn't like it. And before anybody says the words "tube frame", no, the comp coupe isn't tube frame.

I belive the Japanese have healthy respect for the Viper. Witness it not running at GT500 levels where it should be in JGCT, and the fact that Sam didn't run at USA vs Japan D1 event near the end of last year. It has also beaten the GT-R in competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsunami
                          It was an American car dominating a Japanese sport, and the FNF crowd buying the tickets didn't like it. And before anybody says the words "tube frame", no, the comp coupe isn't tube frame.

I belive the Japanese have healthy respect for the Viper. Witness it not running at GT500 levels where it should be in JGCT, and the fact that Sam didn't run at USA vs Japan D1 event near the end of last year. It has also beaten the GT-R in competition.
                          nobody minded rhys winning this year in his american car. american has nothing to do with it, the comp coupe was rediculous it wasnt even exciting to watch, he just threw it in third and coasted around the track. Samuel is a great *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing driver, I want to see him doing well in a car on par with the field.
                          People would complain if someone came out in a le mans prepped ferrari, probably complain more.

Comment

Hell yahh if it a Charger, love that car.

But viper or Charger......... the goat eats them all.

Comment

"The DaimlerChrysler SEMA press conference is scheduled for Tuesday, November 1, at 2:40 p.m. "

so any pictures of anything? hehe

Comment

Working...
                              X