ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RE-Amemiya and VeilSide participating in 2004 D1 Series, Nismo???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i notice a new blue Ogura backed Fc3s. is Yuki driving that now? i was at a shop the other day and thought i caught a glimpse of Fukuda in the 180 and Izumida in the FC when they were playing a video.

i must put my personal opinion in right now:
    i dont like the current d1. i love drift cars that look faily normal, like you would see it on the street. d1 circa 2000/2001 was awesome. i liked when the drivers represented their teams: night zone, marrionette, etc. most every car this season looks to be full on race car. are people like Akinori allowed to even put a Night Zone sticker on the DRFT car?
    i know for a fact that here in USA, companies such as Falken will not allow any other stickers to be put onto their cars. example: one of the last event out here, our team presented mr. Koguchi with one of our stickers to put on the blue and silver Falken 180sx he built. he wanted to, but Falken would not allow it. i find this rather dissapointing, but i guess thats business right?

for 2004 season is there a rule that the cars must be street legal? i heard from my friend that, that was the case. have linelocks been banned now?
    ah i have many many questions i wish could be answered.

Comment

Street leagal and regestered here in Japan. Dont know bout the line lock the only one I know with one is Smokie in the supra.

Comment

A friend of mine told me about RE-A and Trust and Veilside going at it on the Wangan after the Tokyo Auto Salon a few years ago. He said they told ppl it was gona happen at mid night, then 12:30, they got to Daikokou at 12:30 and announced the race had been called off. They got phone calls and were told to meet at 2 am some where up the road and it went down Big money was on the line and they were going all out.. I didn't know they had such a harsh rivalry though. I'm not a n00b I just never heard that before.

Comment

On a side note, I knew Veilside was a tuner long before he got into building body kits and show cars.. I know Yokumaku was a streetracer and began building engines for himself and then his friends. Later after he formed Veilside one of his employees was testing a car on the Wangan, lost control, wrecked and died. He grieved the death hard and I heard he stopped offering engine parts for a while..

I had always heard Veilside was renowned for their tuning skills though. And yea a lot Veilside has gotten a bad name in the states for making a business deal with Universal. They're viewed as rice where I'm from but a lot of us know they're about business.

I think the D1 would be more interesting with RE-Amemiya and Veilside going at each other's necks. I'd love to see what RE-A is bringing to the table and it if Nismo is getting into it, I'd like to see that too.

Comment

VeilSides new car is here

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...3&pagenumber=3

Comment

Why so many graphics? Whats up with the paint jobs? Whats up with Tanaguchi's tail lights? Is the D1 becoming a professional only sport leaving amateurs by the way side to compete in lesser publicized events?

Comment

Utsumi has a Night Zone sticker on his car but its tiny and on the rear bump, Ueo used to have a Running Free sticker i dont know if he still does.

Comment

Wow, lots of info. I don't really look at Veilside as rice because of their body kits being the top of the line. I associate ricers with low end products.

Comment

gotta give thumbs up to Veil/Yoko Side/Maku for competing in as many levl of motorsports they can

Comment

driftxtreem is the veilside car the same one you were talking about with an 800hp sr20det? didnt you say you could post a dyno graph of the car after it was debuted in competition? i'm still interested to find out mroe about the car

Comment

Originally posted by PearlWhiteMike
                        driftxtreem is the veilside car the same one you were talking about with an 800hp sr20det? didnt you say you could post a dyno graph of the car after it was debuted in competition? i'm still interested to find out mroe about the car
                        this was the first time I saw the yellow car I didnt even know where it was kept. The red one is still getting more mods at this time. I hope to see it this friday at tsukuba when we test the others for the upcoming grip vid.

Comment

oh i see. is the red one the one with the scissor doors? that's *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*in hot *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* right there.

Comment

Originally posted by PearlWhiteMike
                            oh i see. is the red one the one with the scissor doors? that's *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*in hot *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* right there.
                            yea the diablo doors they put them on everything lately

Comment

You are going to keep us posted on that monster aren't you xtreme? Maybe even some pics right?

Comment

Originally posted by prodigy
                                You are going to keep us posted on that monster aren't you xtreme? Maybe even some pics right?
                                Locked and Loaded, Got my finger on the trigger

Comment

Working...
                                X