Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feeder schedule for next year, how to get into formula D

didnt see a post about this so here it goes

this isnt official news i got from formula D, but from a close source.

Jan 14 for Irwindale
    feb 18 for houston
    march___ for chicago

basically you only have to go to 1 event, if the judges feel you are good enough for F-D, then you get a license for the season. there will be no max or minimum license given, as long as you impress the judges then you can get a license. so they could give 10 out or 0 out at an event.

only drivers that scored points last year will get a license, even if you went to all the events, no points = no license.

if anyone can verify or add to this info, im sure will help anyone that wants to start in F-D for next year

no east coast?

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
      no east coast?
      I believe I heard there is one currently in the works.

Comment

well currently the furthest east they are going is houston, i know a few guys from here that are probably going to make the drive, not that bad though, 1/2 a day.

Comment

I am excited to see how much buzz the qualifier is creating! It's a little hassle for those of you who have to go through the qualifier but I strongly believe it is necessary to keep the level up at the FD events.

Good luck to you all and see you at the Formula D events!
          Hubert Young
          KORE 8 Films

Comment

thats great a few guys will make the drive but it doesnt help us south florida peeps.. also i didnt understand the post very well..

it says that if the judges feel your good enough whether you get 10 or a 0 you could get a liscense .. but just under that it says you must have scored points last year to get the liscense.. so is it that we have to have competed and scored last year plus impress a judge? or is it one or the other?

Comment

no

they could give away 10 or 0 licenses at an event, no min or max that they will give away, as long as you impress the judges, then you get a license.

Comment

Originally posted by santi
                thats great a few guys will make the drive but it doesnt help us south florida peeps.. also i didnt understand the post very well..

it says that if the judges feel your good enough whether you get 10 or a 0 you could get a liscense .. but just under that it says you must have scored points last year to get the liscense.. so is it that we have to have competed and scored last year plus impress a judge? or is it one or the other?

i dont understand the point of this post, is formula drift suppost to cater to south florida because you chose to live in one of the most remote places in the continental usa?

they are working on stuff for east coast, theres a reason FD hasnt made an official post. dont come on here bashing FD about how they arent coming to your area yet, even though imo doing an event in south florida is kinda dumb, since its totally not a central location for anyone like say houston, cali, and chicago are. they are working on it, they have been working their *Censored**Censored**Censored* off the last 2 years to give everyone in america a chance to showcase their skills. just because somoene makes an announcement based on incomplete information dont start bashing formula drift. when they have an announcement they will make it , and they are working as fast as they can, so give them a break.

<3
                mikespeed

Comment

where on my post does it say anything about bashing formula d??? all i'm saying is this isnt gonna be as easy as it maybe for other locals..and you didnt even pay attention to the other half of my post .. so unless your gonna stop putting words in my mouth or on my text and or answer a question for me you can take your choice words that you posted and shove them up YOURSSSSSSSSSSSS.... THANK YOU HAVE A NICE DAY.see you in atl

Comment

sory, guess i read into it too much, i just get tired of all the FD bashing going on in some other places.

if you had pionts last year (attained by qualifying top 16 for tandem) you already have a liscence for 2006.

if you qualify at a qualifying event you can attain a liscence if you dont already have one.

you cannot compete in FD pro without a liscence.

look at the irwindale announcement, FD is working as fast as tehy can just give them time, some east coast stuff is in the works.

anyways, yeah sorry read into your post too much. the ter-tech crew going to atlanta in full force?

Comment

Speaking of ATL Mike, do you guys need a place to crash? What day are you getting in? Anytime to tear up this town?

Comment

i dont know when were gettin there, i need to talk to james...might hit you up on that offer though crashing at your place.

Comment

This was already posted....

For more info....

http://driftday.com/fd_qualifier.htm

Naoki
                          www.driftday.com

Comment

mike it's fine and over with..thanks for the answers to my questions.. and trust me by all means formula d is where i want to be. and either way.. if houston was the closest feeder event to me, everyone can expect me to be there.. even if i have to quit my job.. anyways.. no harri and his bimmer i dont think made it into prereg for the atl event. anthony and I are the only two from tertech and i think i took the last possible position. once again thanks for the answers and in atl i'll make sure personally that you know we are safe.

santi

Comment

There will be a east coast event. Details are being worked out
                              www.driftalliance.com
                              TEAM FALKEN

Comment

Working...
                              X