No announcement yet.

New to drifting :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah a 95 supra is a lot for beginning drifters...so get a beautiful silvia or somethin

Comment

RE:

Or you could look into an MA70 Supra

Comment

men

first of all its ridicullous that you wanna start with a heavy mo foo supra...and give me a brake benz in high school..that means youre rich so you can built a good car for get into the culture..

peace...and let me tell you i am 16 and i am building my secon fc the first one a mo foo stole to me and im gonna kill him!!

ok peace...

Comment

Welcome to the boards. Drifting is a very tough sport with a steep learning curve. Any car can drift, but some are easier to drift than others. What part of the world do you live in?

All you other guys gotta think about the possibility that maybe he lives in a place where Benz's are common and cheap. When my coworker lived in Germany, BMW's were very cheap. Maybe where he lives Benz's are cheap too. Alot of assuming going on in this thread.

The whole weight thing is over-rated IMO. Instead of concentrating on the overall weight, you should be more concerned with the weight distribution. A Supra and a Benz would both be good drift cars if the weight distribution is good. If the Benz is a sport model it might have performance suspension from the factory, which will probably be very neutral. This is good for drifting.

I say you contact your local tracks and see if they have open track days. If you paid for track time, I'm sure they'll have no problem with you practicing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossie

2) There's a used Supra in my local car dealer. 1995 manual 5 speed V6 3000cc 500bhp twin turbo Supra. A little expensive than the normal Supra though... I could get a CLK with that money. I'm a Benz fan

Thanks.
            Ok for the F U C K I N G last time!!!!! All Supras up till now have been I6 short for Inline 6! Ahhh I swear man what the hell is up with these people and plus you got one more thing wrong the mk4 Supra is a 6 speed MT!

Anyway sorry for that girl if you say you have those cars then cool do as you see fit with tham and as far as whats best for drifting every one has a "I like this I like that" thing going on!! Hell theres a old school Volvo here and well Mine is a MK2 Supra theres also a Red FC thats short for Drifters term for a RX-7 and well lets see well I guss the best thing you can do is ask a drift girl!!!! At an event like Drift Day 13 next month. And heres a pic of a I6 In a MK2 Supra like mine!!!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ; 01-20-2004, 01:52 AM.

Comment

just get a basic, light , solid car. spend the first year fixing stuff you break and practice, practice, practice. If you fix a car up to drift then you'll have a harder time learning. For instance, I'd bet my $3,000 Corolla is is much better drift car than your $xx,xxx Benz.

Money can't buy you skill. Spending more will probably hurt you right now anyway. Good luck and practice!

Comment

1. Get the drift bible ($16.99 on this site mine came in like 3 days after it shipped) and download drift vids....if it looks stupid and you think it doesn't look fun then not much of a loss...If you thought it looked fun got to #2 else move on w/ your life...

2. Can learn a lot about cars by takin one apart so try and find one that needs "some" tlc and fix it up a litte, doesn't gotta run 12's on the strip, just needs to run to some extent...

3. The secret to drifting is.....up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, b, a, select, start

Comment

I say go for an old hachi, (corolla) then once you get good with that you should have no problem drifting in newer cars. learning with an older car would make you be a better driver cause if you can drift in a rust bucket just imagine what you would drive like in a new nice fast car.

Comment

Originally posted by markeese180sx
                    if i was rich...i would get a ferrari and pimp it out...just to get all the chicks...and make a huge self-serve garage at home...and a nice house...full silver house...or brick will cut it...have like 50 square acres of land...make a track...and go buy the groceries on horseback or something...oh and a gibson LP, any type of gretsch, and an all-american fender stratocaster...with a marshall stack amp...and bring an r34 gtr over...and many many many other things
                    Well, I have only four guitars, but my favourite one is my original (not reissue) 1970 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop and my Ibanez JEM7W. And also my Marshall JCM800 fullstack, I think I'm going to get a Mesa Boogie Mark IV soon.
                    Not a fan of the Skyline, though I must admit it's one of the most beautiful car.

Comment

Originally posted by Drifting_turtle
                      you have 2 benz? and your 18? dang your lucky. Course i would want to buy a car with money that i've worked for and buy a car. You are a lot more careful when its YOUR car that you might crash while drifting. I suggest drifting in a Ferrari just messing dude, but i suggest do it in a parking lot and on a track. the last thing we want you to do is drift off a cliff and have the cops crack down on drifting.

dang rich people, giving their kids all these nice cars and the kids dont have to work> and i have to work 10 hour days at save-a-lot during the summer just to have a rusted 240sx.
                      Are Diablos a nice drifter?
                      Just asking, I wouldn't touch my father's Lambo. If I CRASHED it, I would surely be dead, not from the accident, but by my father's hands... lol... Anyway, the clutch's too hard for me for any fast gear shifting.

My father bought the Mercedes 300E in 1993 for just under US$40,000. The Diablo for US$315,000 in 1995. The Pajero Evolution for US$52,000 in 1995, and the S500 Coupe in 1997 for US$118,000.
                      The cars' were so expensive because the government imposed a 300% import tax for all imported vehicles.
                      Last edited by Rossie; 01-22-2004, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MK2SupraDrift
                        Ok for the F U C K I N G last time!!!!! All Supras up till now have been I6 short for Inline 6! Ahhh I swear man what the hell is up with these people and plus you got one more thing wrong the mk4 Supra is a 6 speed MT!

Anyway sorry for that girl if you say you have those cars then cool do as you see fit with tham and as far as whats best for drifting every one has a "I like this I like that" thing going on!! Hell theres a old school Volvo here and well Mine is a MK2 Supra theres also a Red FC thats short for Drifters term for a RX-7 and well lets see well I guss the best thing you can do is ask a drift girl!!!! At an event like Drift Day 13 next month. And heres a pic of a I6 In a MK2 Supra like mine!!!
                        I went to the dealer and asked him again about the V6 and I6. He told me he knew that, and added that if he put the I6, nobody would know what's that all about... That's his story.
                        Sorry, yeah it was a 6 speed manual transmission. My bad.
                        I had been loving the MK4 Supra quiet a few years ago, and NOT because of the stupid 2F2F movie.

Comment

A diablo can drift but it is not necessarily a good drift car. I wouldnt begin with it. It is mid-engine and has good weight distibution but it wont shift forward like a FR car. It does, though, have the power to break traction so weight shift isnt necessarily all that important. You could drift it. You could learn in it. But you wont learn all of the techniques you could from drifting a manual trannied FR. Oh, and, yes, drift on a track, buy a crappy car to ruin, and have fun.

Comment

Damn I feel sorry for your dad wasting all that money on the cars. Except for the diablo..I don't think you can get that for any cheaper.

I think your just braggin about your money. Even if you really want to get into drifting buy some Option videos and look at what theyre driving.

I'm serious...I drift and a girl...I know what I'm talking. Most of the guys do too. If you try to learn with a high horse power car you won't learn how to properly drift. You'll only learn how to power slide it. They're a huge differnece. You can't just gas through a turn and expect it to be drifting. Learn a lower power and then upgrade to a new one.

Comment

This is what I Drift well its not my drift car but this is the kind of car I drift!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Can I have one more Sir!!!!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X