RB26 into an R32?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RB26 into an R32?

does anybody kno if you can swap the RB26 into an R32 with out having to swab the bottom end

Huh? how would you get the rb26 into a volkswagen where the engine sits the wrong way?

anyways, if your talking about the r32 gtr, it came with one. if your talking about the rb20 gts r32, you have to swap the whole motor. none of the parts interchange like the head, blocks, manifolds, ect. i think that was your question, i'm not sure. its a lot of work, and if you have to ask, you should probably leave it alone.

Comment

sorry

THATS IT!!! i meant the skyline R32, my focus was like drive shaft and the axles and other stuffs

Comment

well, rb26 with rb25 oilpan to delete fwd, rb25 tranny, r32 chassis, i think an rb25 driveshaft will fit, but not sure on that one. your going to need to get the ecu and everything else with the motorset, and then some custom wiring will ensue. really is alot of work, probably would be easier to be happy with the rb20, or just start with another car since the skyline chassis are so expensive here in america. by the time you put the rb26 in the r32, give it some power, suspension, diff, body kit and wheels, ect.... you could simply buy a tt supra, 350z + turbo kit, is300 plus turbo kit, 240sx + sr20 + turbokit, ect. all the cars i just stated would be better platforms in the end, just with a little less jdm bling attached. your just taking the hardest path possible to building a hybrid car that will be expensive and require alot of work. as some of the people i hang out with would say, put an ls1 in it : )

Comment

as some of the people i hang out with would say, put an ls1 in it : )
          LOL

but seriously, put a ls1 in it.

Comment

Surprise

the funny thing is that im in the bahamas and there are JDM cars every where and alot o the ppl driving them have no idea that some one would give an arm and a leg for that particular car, i have seen a skyline sell for 5 grand can u believe it! and i mean a fully race prepped r-32

Comment

Originally posted by Drift-Unit
              THATS IT!!! i meant the skyline R32, my focus was like drive shaft and the axles and other stuffs
              It will work. Need RB25 oil pan and RB25 tranny. Seen it done before.
              Hubert Young
              KORE 8 Films

Comment

Thanks

thanks guys, you have helped a lot. reason i like the RB26 is the wide range in power and options. also i hear that the RB20 is hard to work with, ill find out when i get the car

Comment

Working...
                X