No announcement yet.

Budget Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

comin now guys lets stay on topic here...

alrite...

after getting the s13...get it into good running order. Even if it was a girls car and she rotates driving them, you never know if she properly kept the car in good condition or not. Better to be safe than sorry. Then, good out and drive it a bit first. Get used to the car and how it feels first.Get to know its limits, what u can do, how fast u can go and such. Then I would go to suspension and lsd. Now this giving you the idea of how the car feels differently from stock and how it drifts. If you want a SR,dont get it yet just hold out on it. Its not a must have thing yet imo.

Even tho KA>SR

Comment

Ive only Done it on the streets with friends and at my lot before people bought the one next to it.

I agree with Suspension and LSD. but Id throw in a good drivers seat. Ive had a friends S13 thats set up just like mine, cept he has a Bride bucket and would pass Formula D / D1 type inspections ...its a big difference to me

suspension, LSD,comfy seat

Comment

arguing with people who are so intensely for street drifting over track drifting is kind of pointless.

Let them crash their cars (they ALL do) and maybe they'll learn on their own.

Save your told-you-so's til then.

both are fun, but track is the better way to go IMO. Just cuz 5 ppl crashed on a driftday in the past 3 years, doesn't mean that 700 people didn't crash on the streets in the past 3 months.

Comment

^^ Tru dat!

I just wanted to add that I am in no way promoting or suggesting 'Street Drifting'.

I hit a parking divider the other day in my hatch...its gonna cost sum money to fix (havent even looked at the damage yet)

If it had been at a track or an organized layout, it wouldve only been a $25 used fender

Comment

I have street drifted for about 3 years and still do sometimes. I have also gone to 4 parking lot drift events and I must say it was the best money for seat time ever, and I was able to do amazing long drifts and connect everysingle turn, something I could not do on the street. But looking back I think it would have been a huge waste of money to go to an event when I was just learning to drift because when you are learning all you really need is either a parking lot or just a safe turn or two in a deserted area where you can practice over and over. And I would feel bad holding people up at events because I know I would spin out on everysingle turn. But just weigh your options: if you have a events near by and its not too costly, just do the events. If you are like me and on a low budget and there is not a single track within about 2 hours drive maybe you could find somewhere to do it on the street or a parking lot. And it really helps if you have snow/rain in your area. I took it really slow and progressed gradually from snow then to rain then only in the last year I started to seriously try drifting in the dry. But out of all the street drifting I have done, all my accidents were just minor fender benders and scratches from curbs and other things. I have never had a wreck where I broke anything major like suspension parts. And for street drifting remember to never push yourself and always drive on the turn/area first to see if you think you can drift it. And always be cautious (have a slower than usual entry speed, make sure there is room to spinout, check often for people or cars that might be around, make sure to always carry some spare rims w/tires, etc.) And as for what to buy, I would stress the single most important thing is suspension and any reliability mods. Then you could go lsd then engine mods. I still don't have an lsd but I am doing fine with an open diff (i just have to concentrate a lot more and I have less room for error with an open) ,tein basic suspension with tein tie rods/ends, and a stock ka.

Comment

or you can get a little more moola together and buy my car:
              http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthre...b=5&o=&fpart=1

it's an s14 with built s13sr. already has coilovers and a diff. plus a bunch of other things. it's more than the 6k you wanted to spend, but it's a far better car than the s13 would be. hope you haven't started on the s13 yet...

Comment

Working...
              X