Yay!!! New race track!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay!!! New race track!!!

Wow!!! Oklahoma is getting a REAL race course. And it's going to be about 5 minutes from my house. Kick a$$. Some guy bought out the existing drag strip here plus some more land right beside it and he's going to redo the drag strip, make a 1/2 mile oval, and a 2.3 mile road course. This could be HUGE. The nearest road course is in Hallet which is about 1.5 hrs. away and costs a butt load to rent out which is what I'd have to do. Hopefully the new track will bring some big car shows. I can't wait till it's finished so I can go race. I'm sooooo excited. AAAAAAAHHHHH!!! I can hardly keep all this excitement in! Anyways. Thought you guys might like to know. Wish Oklahoma luck.
    Last edited by Misthael; 01-21-2004, 07:57 PM.

Where exactly are you located? I am in NW Arkansas, and would love to have access to another road course.

Comment

I live in Owasso which is about 20 minutes from Tulsa. The track is going to be a few miles south of Owasso. The track probably won't be finished until mid-late 2005. The drag strip is being redone first because we have tons of drag events over the summer and they want it to be open while they're working on the other tracks.

Comment

Cool, that's not too far out for me then. I will prpobably see you out there in '05.

Comment

What part of NWA are you from, I'm in Fayetteville.

Comment

HA! Me too! I'm opening up a shop here called Toy Box Customs. We are located about a block from the university. You should stop by and see us sometime. Are you in school up here?

Comment

No, not in school. What kind of services will your shop provide? What will you be selling?

Comment

We are focused on all things custom....cars, trucks, and bikes. We are not doing the usual BS bug guards and exhaust tips though. We will be selling a wide range of hard to find domestic and JDM parts, as well as install and fabrication work (air bags, hydraulics, you name it). We are wanting to get a bike dyno in here soon, and a paint booth will not be far behind that.

Do you use AIM? SN: GodfatherOfBoost

Comment

cool, cool

Comment

rx7's + 2.3 mile road course=ALOT of drifting

Comment

turbo23:

rx7's + 2.3 mile road course=ALOT of drifting
                      Exactly...

Except there aren't many RX-7s here, and even less people into drifting.

Comment

Sorry about the hijack. Track is going to bad arse!

Comment

Working...
                        X