Reckless Driving??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reckless Driving??

Just a couple days ago, after school, i got in my car and went to leave like i always do, i went around the turn at the end of the lot, and gave it a little gas on my way out, not meaning to drift or anything. There was sand on the ground right where i got on the throttle, and the car got a little sideways, and i slowed down just afterwards because i hadnt expected the car to react that way in the sand. Just as i'm about to leave, a sheriff pulls in and blocks the exit, and two officers get out, one asks me for my licence. after a couple minutes a second patrol car comes in and blocks the rear of my car, and another officer gets out. Keep in mind this is taking place while the whole student body and faculty is exiting school grounds and watching this all take place, embarrasing me tremendously. I told the officer that my tires were going bald, and that i didn't expect there to be sand on the pavement. he didn't seem to listen. half an hour goes by, and finally they let me go, but not before giving me a notice to appear in court on charges of reckless driving in a parking lot. he told me he was letting me off easy and that he could have me in handcuffs and had my car towed because reckless driving is a misdemeanor. I went home and wrote a 3 page report on my side of the story, then went back to school to take pictures of the lot where this took place, especially the sand on the ground. I also took note that the lot had trees surrounding it, as well as other vehicles blocking the veiw of the lot, making it difficult for the officer to view the incident. I'm going to go to court to contest it, and i hope i dont get a point on my record. I'd rather pay a fine than get that point. But trust me, if i wanted to drift in that lot, i would have made it much more obvious. Any information/advice it highly apreciated. Thanks.

*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing pigs *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* you and your stupid *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing *Censored**Censored**Censored* learn about the world and things that are going on before you act big and bad

Comment

I would tell the court what you told us, there was sand on the road, and you did not know that the rear was gonna slide out like it did. I wouldnt say anything about saying if you wanted to drift, or slide, you coulda done so. Because that would give them the impression that you did mean too.

Comment

i don't have any advice, but i know how that feels. was playin in a school lot, cops saw, let me off with warning. it gets scary when they say "misdemeanor" and "take your license".

Good Luck, Friend.

PS. Is a warning kept on your record?

Comment

Whenever you go to court you need to have 2 things. One is your sh!t together. What you are doing with the pictures and the explanation is good. I wouldn't ask to read the entire 2 page report but I would do snippets of it. Two. Dress nice and act VERY respectful. That means no heavy breathing, rolling of eyes, don't suffle when you walk and don't walk with a slouched posture like most kids do today. The less you look like the typical punk who does what they are trying to bust you for, the better off you will be. Alway's look whoever is talking to you STRAIGHT in the eye. The accomplishes 2 things. It portrays strength, as does the straight posture and it also puts the person talking off balance. Especially if they are lying. Do all of this and don't forget "sir" and you should be fine. Also don't bring up the "if I wanted to Drift, I would" statement. Odds are they won't know what Drifting is and you would just be giving them an action to put with a name. Act like you were taken by suprise when this happened, stick by what you say and do all that.

Plus if it's like GA and the cops don't show up, you are off anyway.

Oh and you are lucky, rule of thumb is that if a second cruiser shows up, you are going down town.

Comment

First, Wreakless is spelled like that...

Seconed, Wreakless driving is against the law... dont play innocent...you broke the law and got caught... dont *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about it...

Third, The seconed crusier dont always mean your getting arrested... Im speaking from experiance... but also... you know your in trouble...

Comment

^^^^^^^^

First, you dont knwo the situation

Second is losing the rear of ur car accidentily illegal ? I thought wreckless driving would mean you blatently ignore the law and you had an intent to drive "wrecklessly"

Third panda please b quiet

Comment

Panda you speak from experience???? I didn't think you drove, how can you speak from experience. Also I said that was rule of thumb not law. You also don't spell it "Wreakless" For god's sake if you gonna correct the guy at least correct him right.
                Also Seconed is not a word. Second is though. Would mark that up as a typo but you did it twice

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                  Do all of this and don't forget "sir" and you should be fine
                  ...let me add to that if its a lady...make sure you look carefully...dont be misguided by the persons voice...i dont know where you live but some people in the south..not pointing at anyone ::Cough:: my principle ::cough:: look way butchy then normal...i called her sir one time when i got called to the office for bringing my zip zaps to school...just watch your arse dude...
                  Last edited by sobe; 01-22-2004, 08:05 PM.

Comment

I'm embarassed as hell...

And I have been arrested, and when the seconed crusier came it they released us...

Comment

Just doing my civic duty VRD. Looks alarmingly like we are going to start seeing eye to eye

Sounds good to me.

Comment

Ha Ha !
                        Ghost said civic!!!
                        you ricer!!!*

* THIS IS A JOKE

Comment

Lol. That was funny.

Comment

shouldnt it have been careless driving in the first place?? These cops are truly *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* for writing you a wreckless ticket. Fight it! Good luck man. But I dont know if you want to say you had bald tires. They might give you a fix it ticket. At least thats what they can give you here in Florida

Comment

When I got my Reckless Driving ticket they told me it was considered reckless driving because there was someone else near me that I could possibly endanger. So even though nobody else was on the road with me, blowing by the cop doing three times the limit got me reckless driving. In my case the cop was that other person. So the two key things here are 1. someone else around you 2. possibly endangering someone. It sounds like there might have been other people around you, but it also sounds like you weren't going very fast. I'm guessing between 5 and 10 mph. Find the speed limit for your schools parking lot, or whatever road you were on. State that you were going exactly the speed limit (whatever it was) when your car lost control. They didnt laser you so they cant really contest what you are saying. Point out that you were not exceeding the speed limit and there was sand on the road. Once the judge thinks that you were not going fast enough to endanger anyone and you had no intention of sliding (or so we say), the worst they can give you is exhibitionism of speed which drops it to a misdemeanor. I got exhibitionish of speed once when my daily driver (peg leg rear end at the time) slipped on the paint on the ground while I was making a left turn. I didnt even kick it out but the chirp of the tire was enough to get me the ticket.

In case you guys were wondering, I got out of both tickets.

Comment

Working...
                              X