No announcement yet.

CASTING CALL for MTV TV Show "Fast Ashleys"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, get PAID or BAN because Pilots rarley make it, and most are non-air pilots meaning, they are just used to internally shop the show.
    So if it's this show or any other use the buzz words to find out what you are getting into. If it's a series that you know of, then that's cool. You know what you are getting into and you know they can pay.
    MTV west coast is in a bit of a mess right now with one of the main people bailing. This will make several projects lose steam including one of mine.
    Ask questions, get paid, guys like Craig and I can be helpfull and we have proved that in this thread.
    Now if it's my pilot, you get paid nothing and show up at 5 AM and wait around all day while I am getting blown in my trailer.lol J/k

Comment

Originally posted by craiglieberman
      Get payment up front and don't settle for less than $500 a day.
      remind me what people who worked under you got paid on the Fast and Furious 3 set?

wasn't around 1/3 of this?

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
        remind me what people who worked under you got paid on the Fast and Furious 3 set?

wasn't around 1/3 of this?
        Dude come on, don't open that can of worms again...anyway if you want to start doing the math.

This MTV thing looks like its going to be a one day or maybe two day deal..the F&F3 per day rate was less but the cars chosen were on set for at least a week ..so for a regular background car..$150 x 5 days = $750

Select foreground cars got paid $250 a day so they left with $1250

Anyway I think the point Craig is trying to make is that from his experiences he feels that MTV is highly likely to stiff people or not pay very well ..so if its only going to be one day of work make sure you get paid accordingly.

However I really hope thats not the case and that anyone who does get involved with this MTV show gets paid fairly.

Comment

I don't think a movie production and tv show should be compared. Both have different budgets.. All i hear is that ppl should be paid.. If they don't pay then dont do it. If you want free exposure then do it.

Comment

MTV does not ripp people off, the producers get really crappy budgets and make do with what they have.
            Now that does not mean you can't ask for money.
            Most people just get a big boner when they hear "MTV" and don't ask for anything becuase they might get on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide
              Dude come on, don't open that can of worms again...anyway if you want to start doing the math.
              I don't care if he opens that can of worms again.

Yes, Jacob, about 60% of the people made about $150 per day. The other 40% were paid $250 day.

Let us not forget that you swore in a thread on the topic that you were guaranteeing AT LEAST$250 a day, despite the fact that you never had a contract and never cast a single car.

I'll happily repost quotes from your various threads if you'd like to go down in flames again.

Now, for the gentleman who noted that some might pursue this opportunity simply for exposure, others interested in being paid should pursue that course, I agree. In fact, your post summed it up nicely. Some get a boner just to be on TV, others would like to be compensated.

My post was simply to note that people should not expect to be paid or paid well in any MTV endeavor. That is my personal, first hand experience. I'm sure Jacob would want to chime in here, problem is, he's never cast anything for MTV. Or anything else.

Game, set, match.

Peace out.

Comment

More info

I dug up my info on the Fast Ashleys component...it's more recent than I thought...the doucments I have are dated mid 2004.

As I mentioned, the Fast Ashleys concept was pretty wild (and cool). It was basically as I outlined above and if it gets off the ground, will be somehting every exotic car and muscle car owner dreams of.

Perhaps the MTV casting signals that they've been able to make some progress with the concept. In short, the Fast Ashleys people are legit, but those looking to be cast should enter any MTV arrangement with your eyes wide open.

I'll keep my ear to the ground.

Comment

Working...
                X