Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FF3: TOKYO DRIFT (MOVIE Info)

THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS: TOKYO DRIFT

From the producer of the worldwide blockbuster hits The Fast and the Furious and its sequel, 2 Fast 2 Furious, comes the latest installment of the adrenaline-inducing series built on speed—The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift. Set in the sexy and colorful underground world of Japanese drift racing, the newest and fastest customized rides go head-to-head on some of the most perilous courses in the world.

Sean Boswell (Black) is an outsider who attempts to define himself as a hot-headed, underdog street racer. Although racing provides a temporary escape from an unhappy home and the superficial world around him, it has also made Sean unpopular with the local authorities. To avoid jail time, Sean is sent to live with his gruff, estranged father, a career military-man stationed in Tokyo.

Now officially a gaijin (outsider), Sean feels even more shut out in a land of foreign customs and codes of honor. But it doesn’t take long for him to find some action when a fellow American buddy, Twinkie (Bow Wow), introduces him to the underground world of drift racing. Sean’s simple drag racing gets replaced by a rubber-burning, automotive art form—with an exhilarating balance of speeding and gliding through a heart-stopping course of hairpin turns and switchbacks.

On his first time out drifting, Sean unknowingly takes on D.K., the “Drift King,” a local champ with ties to the Japanese crime machine Yakuza. Sean’s loss comes at a high price tag when he’s forced to work off the debt under the thumb of ex-pat, Han (Kang). Han soon welcomes Sean into this family of misfits and introduces him to the real principles of drifting. But when Sean falls for D.K.’s girlfriend, Neela (newcomer Kelley), an explosive series of events is set into motion, climaxing with an ultimate high stakes face off.

The Fast and the Furious 3: Tokyo Drift is directed by Justin Lin (Better Luck Tomorrow, Annapolis) and written by Chris Morgan (Cellular), Kario Salem (The Score) and Alfredo Botello. The film is produced by Neal H. Moritz (xXx, S.W.A.T.) and executive produced by Clayton Townsend (The Skeleton Key, The 40 Year-Old Virgin).

once this film comes out this website is gonna get swarmed with noobs.

How can i make my mustang into a JDM drift car that goes woosh woosh with flames?

Comment

ive been coming to drifting.com for about 2 yrs for movies and decided to join the forum when i saw this post. I agree with you guys about this, ever since the F&F set came out they have been turning people into complete idiots over NOS and glowing lights, but i agree wit the guy above me, new people will join, this movie is gonna kill drifting and a lot of people are gonna bad mouth it, but its up to us to make sure that doesnt happen.

Comment

haha, Twinkie. "...white in the inside" is all he's gonna hear

Comment

Originally posted by INFO
          But it doesn’t take long for him to find some action when a fellow American buddy, Twinkie (Bow Wow), introduces him to the underground world of drift racing.
          Seriously. I can't wait for
          "Fo get dat V8 dis is da new wave dawg"

It's almost as bad as Team X.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsunami

For the record, I had NOTHING to do with this movie's story.

I only provided background cars...that's it.

So before some wanker posts a thread after the movie hits theaters about the inaccuracies or stereotypical portrayal of the drifting world, let the record show that I was an innocent bystander.

Feel free to bookmark this thread for mid-June retrieval.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsunami

whats wrong with Team X?

Comment

Folks, if you're really concerned about posers and whatnot flooding drifting after this movie is released, then let's do the one thing that will stop them from affecting the drifting lifestyle.....

REALIZE DRIFTING IS NOT A LIFESTYLE! IT'S A MOTORSPORT.

I've been saying this for years, and if it takes a portrayal of drifters that includes insulting stereotypical characters whose vacuous lives really focus on thumping rap music, belittling women, and mono-syllabic speech, then so be it because we as drifters should not be aggravated at the poor fools who don't know better, but instead feel INSULTED by the stereotype thrust upon us, and then feel EMBARASSED that we often live up to it in our behaviour and events.

Comment

well.. u guys never know, the movie mite ACTUALLY be good dis time. for one thing the director is different. i mean he mite ACTUALLY know wat he's doing. I mean i've seen "Better Luck Tomorrow" and its pretty good so... who knows, it mite turn out not as bad as the first 2 movies. i mean we cant stop the movie from coming out so ehh, deal with it guys if the place swarms with noobs then it does. ders no stoppin them so wat else can we do.

Comment

my $0.02 is that like the other movies did for street racing, which is bring it to the main stream and alert everyone including the authorities that this is going on, the same will happen to drifting. though as this forum points out time and time again the sport should be brought to the track. idiots on the street should not worry any of us cause we should be on the track anyway, besides dumb kids probably wont fork over $100-150 for an event and if they do it means more people will go to the events and more events will happen. more events will hopefully mean less money we'll have to pay for each event. if kids bring drifting to the streets like it is anyway it shouldn't affect those trying to be above that.

Comment

Originally posted by craiglieberman

So before some wanker posts a thread after the movie hits theaters about the inaccuracies or stereotypical portrayal of the drifting world, let the record show that I was an innocent bystander.

i don't think too many people will rag on you, mainly since you just got the cars for the movie (unless the cars are too needlessly poser mobiled out..lol) and you didn't write the story. i think a lot of the guys on here will more than likely go see the movie, and probably rag on it, but since there aren't too many major movies about sport compacts and drifting, thats the big reason most of us will go to see it.

the only thing that i see as a negative impact that will initially impact a bunch of us is that our favorite touge spots will become more popular and dangerous. by this i mean that the spots that we like to go for a spirited run, not so much racing or driving like a mad man, but those roads will have a bunch of random guys trying to pull off crap from the movie and it can endanger a lot of people. when i go to the mountain, i know some of the guys up there, and things are kinda organized up there. people don't go down when we know people are coming up and we know to drive within our limits. its fun and pretty safe, the way it should be.

Comment

damn if everything that is portrayed in movies is copied by idiots, how many of tried to jack a car like Gone in 60 secs? Better yet, how many of us have jumped the streets of San Francisco, like Steve McQueen, or Jumped Gorges like Dukes of Hazard?

Comment

Personally, I don't think this movie will have as much of an impact on things as the very first one did. When 2Fast 2Furious came out I didn't notice any changes. And as far as thrusting drifting into the mainstream, well, I'm pretty sure others have already capitalized on that, namely G4 and the Discovery Channel networks.

Comment

Originally posted by craiglieberman

Whos idea was it to put an RB into a stang? Has to be the worst swap in history. This film is not only about drifting. According to some of the data online its supposed to also portray the interest of JDM parts the influence they have on some of us and our cars. If putting an RB engine into a mustang is something that some of those movie people feel is cool for jdm and drifting they you couldnt get more wrong. Craig you should know this stuff - you used to own a GT-R didnt you? Even tho it was riced out to hell atleast you knew that GT-R's are one of, if not the best japanese platform. Im not sure if you had pull on this or not but if they wanted to use an RB they should used it in a jdm car that people would actually spend time and $ to do it properly (supra, silvia, skyline)

I really wish this movie was not being released. It will ruin alot of things for alot of us. We'll all be looked at as posers trying to be like the movie. I cant even drive anywhere with someone not telling me "o ur car is like TFATF". Other day i was filling up some candyass in a beamer is like "YEA!! TFATF TAKE IT TO THE STREETS!!!". Wish I could slap all 3 directors for these films. They're exploiting the hell out of all of our interests while they'll make millions we'll get profiled and get tickets and our cars taken away.

Check out my JDM mustang DOOD
                            Last edited by Lord_EJR; 01-25-2006, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_EJR
                              Whos idea was it to put an RB into a stang? Has to be the worst swap in history. This film is not only about drifting. According to some of the data online its supposed to also portray the interest of JDM parts the influence they have on some of us and our cars. If putting an RB engine into a mustang is something that some of those movie people feel is cool for jdm and drifting they you couldnt get more wrong. Craig you should know this stuff - you used to own a GT-R didnt you? Even tho it was riced out to hell atleast you knew that GT-R's are one of, if not the best japanese platform. Im not sure if you had pull on this or not but if they wanted to use an RB they should used it in a jdm car that people would actually spend time and $ to do it properly (supra, silvia, skyline)

I really wish this movie was not being released. It will ruin alot of things for alot of us. We'll all be looked at as posers trying to be like the movie. I cant even drive anywhere with someone not telling me "o ur car is like TFATF". Other day i was filling up some candyass in a beamer is like "YEA!! TFATF TAKE IT TO THE STREETS!!!". Wish I could slap all 3 directors for these films. They're exploiting the hell out of all of our interests while they'll make millions we'll get profiled and get tickets and our cars taken away.

Check out my JDM mustang DOOD
                              In case your not so good at reading what craig wrote:

He was responsible ONLY for lining up extra cars. R E A D. You got some footage of you drifting? No? Then you already are a poser.
                              Last edited by swifty949; 01-25-2006, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X